View Full Version : Heat Protectant

The Anti Hair Slave
03-13-2008, 03:27 PM
What type of heat protectant do you use?

kita
05-05-2008, 04:58 PM
I use Nexxus and also Redkin heat protectors. I think they really help.

denalove
05-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't use one....that's one thing I dont need because I never use curling irons or flat irons..at least not anymore.

For under the dryer just setting lotion or moose if this would count as protectant.

rrrucker21
09-10-2008, 11:35 AM
I just started this summer learning how to flat iron my hair. I have never had it done before and this summer I felt my hair is long enough, so I invested in a flat iron and heat protectant. I did a lot of research and reviews reading before buying my Sedu flat iron and my protectant Chi Silk Infusion. I refused to go another summer with frizzed out hair. (DAMN THE HUMIDITY I SAY!) :rolleyes:

To me they work great together! I haven't tried any other brands so I cannot compare.

The smell is very nice. It is kind of perfume/cologne-y but not over powering. I read a lot of reviews about the smell that made me weary but I noticed that I don't really smell it after I have applied it.

I put about a dime size amount in my palm, rub hands toghether and apply all around my hair with careful attention to the ends. Then flat iron.

It adds a great sheen to your hair and keeps it straight! :D

Carolinagirl_22
09-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I use the silk elements heat protectant spray..uhm its ok I guess I hope it works. I don't use heat that much tho either unless I'm stretching and its the roots only.

Sunshyne
09-10-2008, 12:40 PM
I barely ever use heat. If I do, I use the Fantasia IC Straightening Serum (pink bottle). I love it.

Dividir
09-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Im trying that Aussie brand.... I cant remeber the name at the moment... but the say they use jojoba oil.... but Ive only used heat on my hair once since I bought it... (which is awfully good for me!!

Barbara
09-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Nothing special just a hair oil.

Dividir
09-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Nothing special just a hair oil.

Hair oil, might not help... ive heard a lot of ladies say that it is realyl adding to the damage of your hair, as in essence, heat and oil = frying

jasnian0313
09-13-2008, 11:39 AM
i use nexxus heat protectant but this past week i just flat ironed my hair with ntm silk leave in and then some coconut oil and it came out so much better than with the heat protectant..my hair was so much silkier and softer and it was easier to straighten...does nebody else have that problem?? adn what should i do??

Vermelha
09-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Im trying that Aussie brand.... I cant remeber the name at the moment... but the say they use jojoba oil.... but Ive only used heat on my hair once since I bought it... (which is awfully good for me!!

Aussie Hair Insurance. I use this one. It's good. Really good.

Dividir
11-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Aussie Hair Insurance. I use this one. It's good. Really good.

Im not sure, but I think I have decided that it is too... wet! Its just annoying, becaue the flat irons boil the water in the protectant, and it burns!

LilMissRed
11-17-2008, 06:05 AM
I recently purchased Elasta QP Silk something something LOL (sorry, I dont have it handy) anywho.. used it to blow dry my daughters hair and she loved it! It made her hair feel extra soft/light to the touch. I used it on my hair as well, but the jury's still out LOL It may like my daughters hair better than mine(which is cool too) :O)

heartymocha
01-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Silk Elements heat protector or the ion brand from Sally's beauty supply.

Vermelha
01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Im not sure, but I think I have decided that it is too... wet! Its just annoying, becaue the flat irons boil the water in the protectant, and it burns!

Well, the liquid ones aren't for using the flat iron. They're for drying with a blowdryer.

Creme/Oil and Silicone protectors are for directly flat ironing the hair.
Liquid protectors are for blowdrying, not direct heat contact.

California
01-03-2009, 07:43 PM
I use Silk Elements and Chi Silk Infusion, but Silk Elements is my staple.

Dividir
01-07-2009, 04:34 AM
I just started this summer learning how to flat iron my hair. I have never had it done before and this summer I felt my hair is long enough, so I invested in a flat iron and heat protectant. I did a lot of research and reviews reading before buying my Sedu flat iron and my protectant Chi Silk Infusion. I refused to go another summer with frizzed out hair. (DAMN THE HUMIDITY I SAY!) :rolleyes:

To me they work great together! I haven't tried any other brands so I cannot compare.

The smell is very nice. It is kind of perfume/cologne-y but not over powering. I read a lot of reviews about the smell that made me weary but I noticed that I don't really smell it after I have applied it.

I put about a dime size amount in my palm, rub hands toghether and apply all around my hair with careful attention to the ends. Then flat iron.

It adds a great sheen to your hair and keeps it straight! :D

I started using the CHI one, but the spray in version... I have somem serious problems, I love to buy a spray.... but I kinda like the smell too

Well, the liquid ones aren't for using the flat iron. They're for drying with a blowdryer.

Creme/Oil and Silicone protectors are for directly flat ironing the hair.
Liquid protectors are for blowdrying, not direct heat contact.

lol, yea I find out the hard way!

I think my next one is a mizanni 1. It was used on my hair in the salong the other day, ad it wasnt liquid so no burning from hot water

Vermelha
01-07-2009, 05:47 AM
I started using the CHI one, but the spray in version... I have somem serious problems, I love to buy a spray.... but I kinda like the smell too

lol, yea I find out the hard way!

I think my next one is a mizanni 1. It was used on my hair in the salong the other day, ad it wasnt liquid so no burning from hot water

I mean, some white people actually use the spray ones lightly, let it airdry and flat iron their hair. I don't think it works for thicker, textured hair types. I sometimes need a creme press but liquid ones work fine if I let my hair fully airdry (which takes 2 days, lol)

creolesugar
01-07-2009, 09:45 AM
I have just bought silk elements so I'm glad you ladies like it

Tall, Black Canadian
01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Recently purchased Silk Elements after seeing so many people use it. I use it to blowdry my DD's hair too, and I really like the results.

Dividir
01-07-2009, 10:33 PM
I mean, some white people actually use the spray ones lightly, let it airdry and flat iron their hair. I don't think it works for thicker, textured hair types. I sometimes need a creme press but liquid ones work fine if I let my hair fully airdry (which takes 2 days, lol)

I know, I am gong to start to blow dry it with a round brush, then flat iron it, and see if that helps.

Plus if I blowdry with a round brush I dont have to flat iron as much... which could be good for my hair, as I wont have to use the flat iron for as long as usual.

Queensheba
01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
I use silk elements olive oil heat protectant spray works and smells great

Dividir
01-13-2009, 01:49 AM
I went to the hairdressers the other day, but now I want to start using a mizani one... but only after I have finished off all my other products

curlcrew2
01-13-2009, 05:32 AM
What is a good heat protectant when flat ironing..... Need something light.

munchy
01-13-2009, 05:51 AM
I just bought some Cantu heat protectant, so I'm going to see how that works. They have a good leave-in, hopefully the heat protectant is pretty good too.

Lilshortnsassy
01-16-2009, 11:41 PM
What is a good heat protectant when flat ironing..... Need something light.

Gurl, Smooth N Shine heat protectant/straightener polish is just what your lookin for, it's soo light all you need is a dime sized amount and it leaves your hair soft, silky, and best of all protected. Dog they should pay me to be their spokesperson lol:p, I sound like a commerical lol, but seriously it's great you should try it

Yungqueen08
01-20-2009, 11:07 PM
has anyone tried the biosilk? i was thinking of getting that for flat ironing. i have heard alot of ppl talking about it.

dhopemamii
02-18-2009, 06:08 PM
I Have Relaxed Hair & Daily Mostrize my hair with Olive Oil Lotion. I want 2 Flat Iron My Hair Which One should i use ??

California
02-18-2009, 08:07 PM
has anyone tried the biosilk? i was thinking of getting that for flat ironing. i have heard alot of ppl talking about it.

Yes, I tried biosilk, but I like Chi Silk Infusion a whole lot better. It's kinda pricey, but Sally's has a generic brand for cheap. The actually have a generic brand for biosilk and Paul Mitchell Super Skinney too!!

California
02-18-2009, 08:09 PM
I Have Relaxed Hair & Daily Mostrize my hair with Olive Oil Lotion. I want 2 Flat Iron My Hair Which One should i use ??

I use Silk Elements heat protectant. This is about the only product that I have stuck with from the beginning of my hair journey. I love it, it works wonders!!! You can get it a Sally's.

Vermelha
02-18-2009, 09:05 PM

I use it now as a daily leave in. It's pretty good for strengthening. I have a review on my blog as well if you want more detail.

I'll be doing a review in the near future about straightening hair with Biosilk. I hear it works wonders!

curlcrew2
02-19-2009, 03:32 AM
I use Beyond the Zone heat protectant is smells good and leave your hair shiny too..

angel_hair
02-19-2009, 08:33 AM
I second that motion!!!! It really GOOD!

I like IC Fantasia the Pink one, but nothing compares to Smooth N Shine though.

Gurl, Smooth N Shine heat protectant/straightener polish is just what your lookin for, it's soo light all you need is a dime sized amount and it leaves your hair soft, silky, and best of all protected. Dog they should pay me to be their spokesperson lol:p, I sound like a commerical lol, but seriously it's great you should try it

Lilshortnsassy
02-20-2009, 11:45 PM
I second that motion!!!! It really GOOD!

I like IC Fantasia the Pink one, but nothing compares to Smooth N Shine though.

Not at all! :D

Jackie23
04-03-2009, 02:44 PM
When I use the curling iron on my daughters hair I use Silk Elements protectant spay.

tessa
04-13-2009, 07:27 PM
I use and love Keracare Silken Seal. Although, I do plan on trying CHI Silk Infusion.

brittbritt
04-13-2009, 10:44 PM
I use silk elements and sally GVP chi silk infusion. I gave one of the bottles os silk elements to my mother and she loves it. her hair definetely responds well to it. I personally like both. Silk elements is lighter. The GVP is kinda thick a little and I mean a little goes a loooooooooooooong way.

evanny
04-13-2009, 10:46 PM
I use Redken smooth down, but I want to try either Nexxus heat protexx or the silk elements olive oil heat protectant.

2real
04-16-2009, 10:09 PM
I use silk elements and it works pretty good on my hair.

Trendolyn
04-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Aphogee Keratin and green Tea reconstructerizer

Hopefully I read it properly but it said something about heat protector. I want to invest in the CHI silk fusion stuff I hear it's good for heat styling.

acupofmagic
12-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Beyond The Zone Heat Protection Spray

It leaves my hair silky,shiny and veeeeery soft. I only use heat once or twice every 3 or 4 months though. I love this stuff!!! :D

evanny
12-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Chi Silk Infusion, Chi Iron Guard, Aphogee Green Tea, or Redken smooth down. I was reading that the Aphogee provitamin leave in says to use it before heat styling as well. I wonder....

Saunta2
12-11-2009, 02:17 AM
Chi Silk Infusion, Chi Iron Guard, Aphogee Green Tea, or Redken smooth down. I was reading that the Aphogee provitamin leave in says to use it before heat styling as well. I wonder....

We are of a like mind because I read that same thing last night and I was like hmmmm.....

evanny
12-11-2009, 08:25 AM
We are of a like mind because I read that same thing last night and I was like hmmmm.....

I'm going to email the Aphogee man and ask him. He said tro use the provitamin leave in when you need moisture and the green tea when you need protein. But the bottle says to use it for heat styling. I'm confused. I'll add it to the list of things I email him about, and then I'll tell you all about it. ;)

leentora
12-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Silk Element Megasilk Heat Protection Spray!

besthairweave
01-14-2012, 10:49 PM
I use grapeseed oil. It's a natural heat protectant.

norahl
02-09-2012, 08:43 PM
ORS Olive Oil Heat Protectant Serum. I think it works ok. I just need to make sure I'm not too heavy handed. :confused:

hanna_light
02-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Last time I used a combination of extra virgin grape seed oil and proclaim color & heat protection because it was my first time using grape seed and I was skeptical about using it all alone.

Elise
02-20-2012, 12:33 PM
My BF kindly bought me the new heat protectant serum from Kerastase, Fibre Architect. It's wonderful, my hair is very silky and shiny when I use it. It's expensive though, so as good as it is I don't think I could buy it again cause I tend not to straighten my whole length regularly.

NaTuRaLe_BeAuTe`
04-21-2012, 11:06 AM
I've been using Hana Shine Shield and the tressemme (sp) heat tamer

rene9
04-26-2012, 05:05 PM
I've been using Silk Element Megasilk on towel dried hair and Chi Silk Infusion before I blowdry and they both work very nicely on my hair :D

...Love,Me
04-26-2012, 10:50 PM
I have been using tresemme heat tamer

NaTuRaLe_BeAuTe`
04-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Now that I have used the tressemme heat tamer a few more times I dont know if I like it. I am not sure but it seems watery to me. I can see using it to blow dry but i dont think it would be too good for flat ironing. Anyone else care to chime in here?

Kokome10
11-08-2013, 08:34 PM
I use Biosilk thermal spray combined with grapeseed oil (makes my hair shiny and has a flash point of 450 degrees so it still protects my hair).

catgoines1
11-27-2013, 12:23 AM
try nu-gro heat protection spray it not only protect the hair but gives it sheen and body

eyekandy22
02-08-2014, 08:55 AM
I love Fantasia IC heat protection serum for blowdrying and flatironing, Chi silk infusion.