View Full Version : Monistat Cream as a scalp treatment!

Acire30
09-25-2008, 10:04 PM
THIS IS INFORMATION I FOUND! I WAS WONDERING HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED THIS! I JUST DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS! Yes, this person is talking about Monistat Cream (Yeast Infection Cream) . This kind of made me go :eek:!

Hay ladies, it's Sidney. I am a newbie but I have been lurking on this and other forums for more than a year. I want to address why MTG and Miconazole Nitrate do worK!

First of all, I tried MTG. And like many of you, I got patches of new hair growth. After being phased out by the funk, I decided to just use the sulfur oil.

Also, you know the ladies that co-wash all the time and get super growth, well here's why.

All the people who have chronic hair loss, usually have some type of persisting fungal or bacterial infection. MTG contains cade oil, which kills this bacteria and fungi. Helping the hair to grow. These nasty bacteria not only block your pores, inhibiting growth but they also can eat your hair! EeeW! so disgusting. (See the links below). They probably also secrete nasty toxins and wastes after they are done feeding off your scalp. They scalp is moist and is a great environment for them to thrive.

Also, look at women of other races. They wash their hair frequently, getting rid of these nasty microbes, and lo and behold, they have long hair. Black women wash less frequently. You ever had that nasty, stinky hair from not washing it, well that is a tale-tale sign that there is a fungus on your head.

Minonazale Nitrate is also antifungal, so it keeps the scalp clean and allows your hair to grow. Use sulfur? Well I just read online today that Fungi hate Sulfur and there is a sulfur containg product called "smelly soap" that is used to kill these fungi, hence MTG helps since it has cade oil and sulfur. By the way, if you are using MTG, u should shake it up to make sure the sulfur at the bottom is getting on your scalp. Well, this is just my two cents. sorry its soo long. Off to wash my hair, again!

SEE THE LINKS BELOW ABOUT BACTERIA INHIBITING GROWTH
HairSite Regulars Participating in Growth Response Free Trial - Bacteria induced hair loss (http://hairsite2.com/library/article212.htm)
Thinning Hair | Treatments, shampoos, conditioners and oils for thinning and hair loss! (http://www.healthyhairplus.com/thinning_hair.htm)

kita
09-26-2008, 02:23 AM
What is MTG?

leentora
09-26-2008, 03:15 AM
What is MTG?

Here you Kita Shapleys MTG Shiny Show Horse Horse equestrian skincare showing mud fever turnout Middlesex (http://www.shinyshowhorse.co.uk/info2.cfm?info_id=63143)

kita
09-26-2008, 03:57 AM
Here you Kita Shapleys MTG Shiny Show Horse Horse equestrian skincare showing mud fever turnout Middlesex (http://www.shinyshowhorse.co.uk/info2.cfm?info_id=63143)

Do you use this?

leentora
09-26-2008, 04:08 AM
Do you use this?

nope neeeeever and I have no intentions to use it either and I am defiantley not using that coochie cream (monistat) on my head either.

I have tried the mega tek once it is like a conditioner, it smell really good, and they have two sections one for the animals lol and one for humans - I have research and they said it was developed first for humans and chemo (sp) patients use it after they treatment to grow their hair back and that was the reason I tried it but honestly I don't I needed it nand can not realy comment on if it works properly or not.

TailGator - eqyss megatek equine (http://www.tailgator.co.uk/tg/pages/eqyssmegatekequine.html)

Carolinagirl_22
09-26-2008, 06:37 AM
nope neeeeever and I have no intentions to use it either and I am defiantley not using that coochie cream (monistat) on my head either
:) girl you funny! But I know thats right.. I mean kudos to those who do, but why can't you just wash your hair more to solve that problem! Keep it clean and no funkies!:D

leentora
09-26-2008, 07:13 AM
lol that is what the monistat is, is for fungus with the woman's area, what ppl tend to or get as I did my research doctors only allow patience to use it for no longer than 5-7 days to kill off or balance out the issue that female is having down ther.

It is not for growing hair is it to kill off bacteria within the area in a quick time.

I have this thread at home I saved it in my favoritep; send me a msge to remind me to post it tonight when I am at home, the coochie cream will mess up your brain!

Sunshyne
09-26-2008, 09:01 AM
WArning, MN can give you severe headaches!! Many ladies have told me that.

CREODiiVA
09-26-2008, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=kita;12857]What is MTG?[/QUOTE

LIKE MEDICATION FOR A HORSE TAIL INFECTION...lol
WHICH IS NOT SAFE....I THINK AA PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY
FOOLISH PEOPLE TO TRY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ..Dont Mean To
Offend anybody BUT ...It's For a HORSE ..THEY TOOK IT OFF THE MARET
FOR A REASON ........IM SURE EVERYBODY WHO HAS IT HAS PURCHASED
IT ONLINE OR AT A ANIMAL STORE..CUZ YOU AINT GO FIND THAT JUNK
AT A BEAUTY SUPPLY !
AND YEAST INFECTION CREME..hahah ARE YOU SERIOUS !?!?!?

leentora
09-26-2008, 10:22 AM

Gurl worst than that, I am in the office so I don't have that post on my favorite but when I get in I will post the link here, I was in :eek: when I read it!

leentora
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=kita;12857]What is MTG?[/QUOTE

LIKE MEDICATION FOR A HORSE TAIL INFECTION...lol
WHICH IS NOT SAFE....I THINK AA PEOPLE ARE THE ONLY
FOOLISH PEOPLE TO TRY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ..Dont Mean To
Offend anybody BUT ...It's For a HORSE ..THEY TOOK IT OFF THE MARET
FOR A REASON ........IM SURE EVERYBODY WHO HAS IT HAS PURCHASED
AT A BEAUTY SUPPLY !
AND YEAST INFECTION CREME..hahah ARE YOU SERIOUS !?!?!?

gurl you have me rofl, you are something else!

CREODiiVA
09-26-2008, 11:25 AM
[quote=CREODiiVA;12893]

gurl you have me rofl, you are something else!

O..Ive always wanted to Know what Is ROFL Mean ?

CREODiiVA
09-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Gurl worst than that, I am in the office so I don't have that post on my favorite but when I get in I will post the link here, I was in :eek: when I read it!

yea me to...I saw ictures and stuff Of peole who got rashes ..and One guys hair even fell all out..He has a big bald spot because of MTG ..

leentora
09-26-2008, 12:30 PM
[quote=leentora;12907]

O..Ive always wanted to Know what Is ROFL Mean ?

rofl = rolling on floor laughing

kita
09-27-2008, 02:12 AM
I am not using Monistat Cream on my scalp. I can't see that. The Mane n tail I saw in the store it was in the hair section. I really don't want to use something on me that they put on an animal. There is just something about that that does not seem right.

You said that you did not see this in the store? I saw it, but it did not look like the picture you showed me. It is advertised for hair care.

Body Shampoo | Mane 'n Tail | Beauty & Spa | Walgreens (http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304571&navAction=jump&navCount=0&skuid=sku309126&id=prod9126#)

leentora
09-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Here is my final take n it all:

I neeeever eva put monistat on my head
MTG either

I have only tried and may if I feel like use MT again as it is used chemo patients and it was for humans first and has all the normal ingredients you find our every conditioners, it just is more proein heavy, and protein is what grows the hair.

I do agree with Kita something about using things hat was created especially for an animal just does not seem right, I don't know, I just don't I will not go there.

Acire30
09-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Do you use this?

No way! This one is a little to far to the left for me.

leentora
09-27-2008, 06:52 AM
No way! This one is a little to far to the left for me.

roflmao! just realised that you were the original poster, welcome back girlie, are you talking about the monstat? I agree!

Acire30
09-27-2008, 07:07 AM
nope neeeeever and I have no intentions to use it either and I am defiantley not using that coochie cream (monistat) on my head either.

I have tried the mega tek once it is like a conditioner, it smell really good, and they have two sections one for the animals lol and one for humans - I have research and they said it was developed first for humans and chemo (sp) patients use it after they treatment to grow their hair back and that was the reason I tried it but honestly I don't I needed it nand can not realy comment on if it works properly or not.

TailGator - eqyss megatek equine (http://www.tailgator.co.uk/tg/pages/eqyssmegatekequine.html)

I know...... CHOOCHIE CREAM on your head :eek::eek:

leentora
09-27-2008, 07:17 AM

girl let me look on our other computer for the article about how it mess with a lady's brain, I will neeeeever apply that mess to my head. I will be back with it I am searching on the other pc right now 2 secs!

denalove
09-27-2008, 10:02 AM

ROFL!!! Same thing I was thinking....heck I barely wanna put it down there!! It's icky...I've only had to use that stuff once, and I hate it!!:(

jaslenekissya
09-27-2008, 11:35 AM
THIS IS INFORMATION I FOUND! I WAS WONDERING HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED THIS! I JUST DON'T KNOW ABOUT THIS! Yes, this person is talking about Monistat Cream (Yeast Infection Cream) . This kind of made me go :eek:!

Hay ladies, it's Sidney. I am a newbie but I have been lurking on this and other forums for more than a year. I want to address why MTG and Miconazole Nitrate do worK!

First of all, I tried MTG. And like many of you, I got patches of new hair growth. After being phased out by the funk, I decided to just use the sulfur oil.

Also, you know the ladies that co-wash all the time and get super growth, well here's why.

All the people who have chronic hair loss, usually have some type of persisting fungal or bacterial infection. MTG contains cade oil, which kills this bacteria and fungi. Helping the hair to grow. These nasty bacteria not only block your pores, inhibiting growth but they also can eat your hair! EeeW! so disgusting. (See the links below). They probably also secrete nasty toxins and wastes after they are done feeding off your scalp. They scalp is moist and is a great environment for them to thrive.

Also, look at women of other races. They wash their hair frequently, getting rid of these nasty microbes, and lo and behold, they have long hair. Black women wash less frequently. You ever had that nasty, stinky hair from not washing it, well that is a tale-tale sign that there is a fungus on your head.

Minonazale Nitrate is also antifungal, so it keeps the scalp clean and allows your hair to grow. Use sulfur? Well I just read online today that Fungi hate Sulfur and there is a sulfur containg product called "smelly soap" that is used to kill these fungi, hence MTG helps since it has cade oil and sulfur. By the way, if you are using MTG, u should shake it up to make sure the sulfur at the bottom is getting on your scalp. Well, this is just my two cents. sorry its soo long. Off to wash my hair, again!

SEE THE LINKS BELOW ABOUT BACTERIA INHIBITING GROWTH
HairSite Regulars Participating in Growth Response Free Trial - Bacteria induced hair loss (http://hairsite2.com/library/article212.htm)
Thinning Hair | Treatments, shampoos, conditioners and oils for thinning and hair loss! (http://www.healthyhairplus.com/thinning_hair.htm)

Yeah I won't lie. Heard about this a long time ago when I used to wear weaves. I picked up some of the 2% cream from the dollar store, mixed it with msm and a couple of drops of rosemary oil. Tried for three or four days and I did get a growth spurt. I could actually feel it doing something to my scalp. Can't vouch for the headaches. ;)

leentora
09-27-2008, 12:09 PM
I can not find the article for the lve of it as I read it to my mom and husband and they were shcoked but I thought I saved it in my favorites but I can not find it, the stroy was the worst one I came across, but I will still search and when I find it - her story was along the lines that she had serious head pains and had to have CAT Scan done, ER visit nd MRI and they could find anything, in the end she stop using the cream and it took her months for your head to feel good.

I will post so you read it once I get find the article again.

denalove
09-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I can not find the article for the lve of it as I read it to my mom and husband and they were shcoked but I thought I saved it in my favorites but I can not find it, the stroy was the worst one I came across, but I will still search and when I find it - her story was along the lines that she had serious head pains and had to have CAT Scan done, ER visit nd MRI and they could find anything, in the end she stop using the cream and it took her months for your head to feel good.

I will post so you read it once I get find the article again.

I can certainly believe it..I know that! It is not meant for our heads!!

Acire30
09-27-2008, 12:23 PM
roflmao! just realised that you were the original poster, welcome back girlie, are you talking about the monstat? I agree!

Thanks for the welcome back! I have been working a lot. I had to train a new girl at work and she showed this to me. I told her it was CRAZY! I'm going to show her the post that this has gotten on this forum, because for some odd reason she thinks that this sounds okay. :eek: I told her she sould not even think about doing any of this. :eek:

Acire30
09-27-2008, 12:26 PM
I just feel like if you have enough fungi on your scalp that you need to put monistat on your head then you need to go to the doctor. Maybe a little tea-tree oil but not this!

leentora
09-27-2008, 12:35 PM
I just feel like if you have enough fungi on your scalp that you need to put monistat on your head then you need to go to the doctor. Maybe a little tea-tree oil but not this!

Girl I agree with you, I mean the thing is if you google it you see various reviews on it; it is meant to use for yeast infection for the woman private area and sometimes even then some women have adverse effect from it and I came across one guy who used because he had issue down there and had experience adverse effect too so why on God's earth we feel we need to be putting that thing so close to our brains!

DanceKendra
10-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Hey Ladies, I just wanted to comment on the monistat. Well, I have had dandruff for as long as I can remember. Im 22 and I have been relaxed, natural, and now Im back to relaxed again. Someone told me about the miconazole nitrate saying that most people use it for growth and that it also helps with the treatment of dandruff. I have excema. I can controll it very well on my skin but when it comes to the scalp I have tried everything and nothing seemed to work. So, I did the research on the monistat and have read many articles and many horror stories. I asked my doctor about it and she told me that it was okay to use it but if I had any side effects to discontinue use immediately. I have not had any side affects aside from NO MORE dandruff and no more itchies. I love it. I dont know about the growth although my edges do seem to be filling in. I honestly really dont care about the growth. I just use it for dandruff. I apply it every other day and its great. Trust me I was very skeptical about miconazole nitrate on the scalp but, it works for me. I never had a headache or anything. So for the people who are being very close minded and acting as if it's horrible and nasty like your putting it on your coochie and then rubbing it in your hair right after, please open your minds. I kinda felt offended. I couldnt believe that people were being so childish. If its safe enough for the coochie then why wouldn't it be safe anywhere else. LOL If my doctor told me that it was okay and that it provides oxygen to the scalp and kills bacteria, etc. etc. I say dont knock it until you try it!!!

leentora
10-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey Ladies, I just wanted to comment on the monistat. Well, I have had dandruff for as long as I can remember. Im 22 and I have been relaxed, natural, and now Im back to relaxed again. Someone told me about the miconazole nitrate saying that most people use it for growth and that it also helps with the treatment of dandruff. I have excema. I can controll it very well on my skin but when it comes to the scalp I have tried everything and nothing seemed to work. So, I did the research on the monistat and have read many articles and many horror stories. I asked my doctor about it and she told me that it was okay to use it but if I had any side effects to discontinue use immediately. I have not had any side affects aside from NO MORE dandruff and no more itchies. I love it. I dont know about the growth although my edges do seem to be filling in. I honestly really dont care about the growth. I just use it for dandruff. I apply it every other day and its great. Trust me I was very skeptical about miconazole nitrate on the scalp but, it works for me. I never had a headache or anything. So for the people who are being very close minded and acting as if it's horrible and nasty like your putting it on your coochie and then rubbing it in your hair right after, please open your minds. I kinda felt offended. I couldnt believe that people were being so childish. If its safe enough for the coochie then why wouldn't it be safe anywhere else. LOL If my doctor told me that it was okay and that it provides oxygen to the scalp and kills bacteria, etc. etc. I say dont knock it until you try it!!!

Well none of us here have that extremity(sp) of danduff and if it works for you fine, no one was talking about you specifically, also we are not the only forum that talk out against it, look at other hair sites and you have women who blatantly put down other women really bad that uses it, just the same way you have your opinion on it so do we.

Ok I see your point(open mind) as said you had a genuine reason to use it, but would you use it any other time? if you didn't have extreme danduff would you be rubbing it on your scalp?

Also yes it is for down there no one said you rub it down there and then put it on your head, we are jsts making the connections, although it is for down there, I found numberous articles where is has adverse effects on down there too.

It may work for you and you are happy then kool, but for me I will neveeeer use it on my head, neveeeer! and that is my opinion.

Ashfast
10-01-2008, 09:38 AM
woooww, Ive heard it all now lol

CREODiiVA
10-01-2008, 09:47 AM

thats what Im saying..THERES GOT TO BE A LIMIT LADIES lol

leentora
10-01-2008, 09:51 AM

rofl :D girl there is always something new under the sun or if it's not new it is just cming out of the closet lol

DanceKendra
10-01-2008, 09:55 AM
OMG. I wasnt trying to start a riot LMAO. No but seriously I wasnt trying to start confrontation. And HELL NO I wouldn't use it if I didn't have dandruff. Like I said I really dont care about the hair growth. I just care about the health of my hair. But I DO care about the dandruff. But it's really the excema that makes me have he hard time with the dandruff. I wasnt trying to start any harm. And I know that this wasnt geared towards me and I also know that there are other forums out there and that this is not the only one. I just wanted to let you guys know that It's not bad for everyone and some people use it for legit reasons. Just have an open mind. If someone is in a situation like I was they should ask their doctor about it. I would have never tried it without consulting with my doctor first.

DanceKendra
10-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Hell It is always something new. I cringed at first, of the thought of putting the crap on my head but hey you would be suprised at what type of things work......

kita
10-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Hell It is always something new. I cringed at first, of the thought of putting the crap on my head but hey you would be suprised at what type of things work......

Gurl, if it is not made for the hair I don't use it. We have to think without the head the body does not exsist. I don't put anything in my head. This is where the brain is housed.

CREODiiVA
10-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Gurl, if it is not made for the hair I don't use it. We have to think without the head the body does not exsist. I don't put anything in my head. This is where the brain is housed.

YEP...IT AINT THAT SERIOUS FOR REAL DOE !

Acire30
10-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I thought this one did kind of cross the limits. I told my sister about it and she said the moistat made since scientifically, but I just......I just don't know why or how this came about.

Acire30
10-01-2008, 10:59 PM

I would not call it being childish. The concept is kind of mind boggeling.

LOL! "like your putting it on your coochie and then rubbing it in your hair right after" that really made me laugh!

Yes it is just a cream if you step back and look at it. I'm sure if someone took the same cream and put it in another tube, on a shelf in the beauty supply store and marketed differently it might fligh off the shelf. I have never had dandruff so I'm can't speak on how well any of the products for dandruff work. But if it works for you.. all I can say is WOW!

leentora
10-02-2008, 02:42 AM

My point exactly! I will neveeeer use that mess on my head, I don't want nothing messing with my brain!

jaslenekissya
10-02-2008, 04:18 PM

Wow, That makes sense. I totally agree with you. Some people may not want to be honest if they are in fear of being clowned. Maybe if they open up their minds they would learn a thing or two. You may also want to try a mouthwash rinse. It really works and it feels good on your scalp to.

leentora
10-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Wow, That makes sense. I totally agree with you. Some people may not want to be honest if they are in fear of being clowned. Maybe if they open up their minds they would learn a thing or two. You may also want to try a mouthwash rinse. It really works and it feels good on your scalp to.

:eek: fa real? I am not being sarcastic; but there seems to be no limit(s) as to what some of us are willing use on our heads!

I have never heard of mouthwash used to rinse or wash the hair.

jaslenekissya
10-03-2008, 02:40 AM
:eek: fa real? I am not being sarcastic; but there seems to be no limit(s) as to what some of us are willing use on our heads!

I have never heard of mouthwash used to rinse or wash the hair.

So does that mean it doesn't work or it's not safe because you never heard of it? (I'm not being sarcastic either):D

leentora
10-03-2008, 03:19 AM
So does that mean it doesn't work or it's not safe because you never heard of it? (I'm not being sarcastic either):D

Please read what I said in my message again!

I didn't mentioned nothing about whether it worked or not or it being safe!

The mouth wash and the monistat coversation are two different topics! As I have research the monistat and have read alot of reviews and so on about it; then I made my comments, as I have not read or research the mouth wash thing, hence my comment.

I clearly stated that I have never heard of it being used to rinse the hair, I hope you would have elaborate on what exactly it did and it's bebefits as you only stated to use it to rinse the hair; what does it do for the hair?

Nevertheless I am not saying I would consider using it, but learning and knowing is good!

So go ahead eloborate on it's benefits and how to use it and how often to use it, make me wanna use it :D

jaslenekissya
10-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Please read what I said in my message again!

I didn't mentioned nothing about whether it worked or not or it being safe!

The mouth wash and the monistat coversation are two different topics! As I have research the monistat and have read alot of reviews and so on about it; then I made my comments, as I have not read or research the mouth wash thing, hence my comment.

I clearly stated that I have never heard of it being used to rinse the hair, I hope you would have elaborate on what exactly it did and it's bebefits as you only stated to use it to rinse the hair; what does it do for the hair?

Nevertheless I am not saying I would consider using it, but learning and knowing is good!

So go ahead eloborate on it's benefits and how to use it and how often to use it, make me wanna use it :D

Well i'm not trying to sell it. It's an old beauty secret that I was sharing. After you wash your hair if you rinse your scalp with it, it should get rid of your dandruff. One time should be good enough. :) I don't have dandruff but when I did, it worked for me.

leentora
10-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Well i'm not trying to sell it. It's an old beauty secret that I was sharing. After you wash your hair if you rinse your scalp with it, it should get rid of your dandruff. One time should be good enough. :) I don't have dandruff but when I did, it worked for me.

Mmmmm does it tingles the scalp etc, I don't have dandruff, so not for me, learn something new everyday. Thanks for sharing :)

DanceKendra
10-03-2008, 08:42 AM
LOL!! Yall are somethin else!!! I've heard of the mouthwash thing but, I was afraid it might make my scalp burn or something. Well, the monistat is working fine for now and if that gets too expensive I may try the mouthwash or neosporin. I dont know....Just because something says it's used for one thing doesn't mean it cant be used for the next. I dont want anyone to think that I was trying to convince them to use the stuff either. I was just letting yall know that it works for me. If I have any problems then I will discontinue use. So far I have had no side effect. Im just glad the dandruff is gone.

Most dandruff shampoo's require you to wash your hair daily. Im just not about to do that. My hair would be in horrible shape. So, if yall want to judge me or whatever you want to call it because im using the monistat go right ahead. I dont give a damn. Im going to do what I want and your opinion is your opinion, everyone is entitled to one.

jaslenekissya
10-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Mmmmm does it tingles the scalp etc, I don't have dandruff, so not for me, learn something new everyday. Thanks for sharing :)

Yes it does tingle a little. As I remember it feels good as it relieves you from that annoying itch. It didn't burn but I wouldn't use listerine. Maybe something from the dollar store.;)

leentora
10-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Yes it does tingle a little. As I remember it feels good as it relieves you from that annoying itch. It didn't burn but I wouldn't use listerine. Maybe something from the dollar store.;)

lol that was exactly what I was thinking of, as I was like that mouth wash on the inside of the mouth is like using acid rofl, I was like shooooot what would that be doing to the scalp lol

I see; something a bit milder, that makes sense.

vidgrl007
10-05-2008, 01:36 PM
I've heard of the mouthwash rinse,never personally tried it but the mn is a whole different story ,all it did for me was thicken my hair and heaven knows I so dont need thicker hair lol so I quit using it:)

rajingbutterfli
10-06-2008, 08:59 AM
Yeh ladies, I have my reservations about using Monistat on my head. I just dont think that it belongs there.. I think I could deal with the Mega tek before I would try using the anti fungal cream. Horses have hair, and their hair is pretty strong. I think I would be much better off trying that one at least.

leentora
10-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Yeh ladies, I have my reservations about using Monistat on my head. I just dont think that it belongs there.. I think I could deal with the Mega tek before I would try using the anti fungal cream. Horses have hair, and their hair is pretty strong. I think I would be much better off trying that one at least.

roflmao :D that is funny but I see your point, but it funny :D

LovingLengths
10-06-2008, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=CREODiiVA;12893][QUOTE=kita;12857]What is MTG?[/QUOTE

IM SURE EVERYBODY WHO HAS IT HAS PURCHASED
AT A BEAUTY SUPPLY !

I have actually been to a few beauty supply stores that sell MTG.

leentora
10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=CREODiiVA;12893][QUOTE=kita;12857]What is MTG?[/QUOTE

IM SURE EVERYBODY WHO HAS IT HAS PURCHASED
AT A BEAUTY SUPPLY !

I have actually been to a few beauty supply stores that sell MTG.

:eek: really? I didn't know that you could buy that at some BSS, I thought you would have to go to a pet store or horsey shop! I have never used it as I heard it stinks and Alma oil & Shikakai oil does enough of that for me!

Dividir
10-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah I won't lie. Heard about this a long time ago when I used to wear weaves. I picked up some of the 2% cream from the dollar store, mixed it with msm and a couple of drops of rosemary oil. Tried for three or four days and I did get a growth spurt. I could actually feel it doing something to my scalp. Can't vouch for the headaches. ;)

I tried it once.... I got headaches, and serious nausea. Nt a good look!

leentora
10-10-2008, 06:52 AM
I tried it once.... I got headaches, and serious nausea. Nt a good look!

that is the same story all the time, so something ain't right with that thing so close to the brain!

tropical-punch
12-09-2008, 08:57 AM
I was thinking about mixing tea tree oil in my shampoo until it's finished because tea tre oil is an anti-fungal. Only thing is the 2 oz bottle is $2.64! And that's at WALMART!!!

munchy
12-09-2008, 09:05 AM
I was thinking about mixing tea tree oil in my shampoo until it's finished because tea tre oil is an anti-fungal. Only thing is the 2 oz bottle is $2.64! And that's at WALMART!!!

I never knew that! Thanks

ices.princess
12-09-2008, 09:25 AM
I also read something about people using KY on their head.

Yes THAT KY.

DanceKendra
12-09-2008, 09:32 AM
KY?!!!! Never heard of it and I dont think that I will even go that far. I rather stick with what is working for me now. I also use tea tree oil with the mn. I tried it alone and it just doesnt do the job!

ices.princess
12-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Apparently the two main ingredients in KY are glycerin and water......who knows.

mssnu
12-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Ladies, this is one interesting thread.

I agree that putting any type of medication (horse or human) on a healthy scalp is crazy. However, dandruff is a fungus, take a look at the below link. And, if you need to kill a fungus you will have to choose a course of treatment that will help depending on the severity of your issue, hopefully with the blessing of your doctor. Those of us w/o dandruff are lucky.

Did you know the original use for Viagra was as a heart medication?

Just food for thought ladies!

http://forum.blackhairplanet.com/f83/dandruff-fungus-2267/

blkqueen1882
12-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Well, I'm willing to try it. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work but at least I'll know. Medications are used all the time for off-label treatments. For example one of my mothers' glaucoma medications made her eyelashes grow. She stopped using it and switched to another medication but the doctor said she could still use it if she wants her lashes to get any longer. Now, the FDA just approved it or that very use. The company is going to market it in 10' under a different name.

HairObsessed
01-15-2009, 08:10 PM
I was lurking on the other site forum and found this:

Black Hair Media Hair Forum: An Explanation for why MTG and MN work (http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=23139)

Very interesting thread! For the record I would NOT put Monistat on my scalp, an antifungal? I'm willing to try it... Tea Tree sounds like I good idea.

HairObsessed
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Well, I'm willing to try it. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work but at least I'll know. Medications are used all the time for off-label treatments. For example one of my mothers' glaucoma medications made her eyelashes grow. She stopped using it and switched to another medication but the doctor said she could still use it if she wants her lashes to get any longer. Now, the FDA just approved it or that very use. The company is going to market it in 10' under a different name.

BlkQueen check out Sulu Max Gro... It was designed by MTG and they created a formula for humans. I'm going to try it! (When I get some cash money :)

Sulu MAX GRO‚ĄĘ - Hear what our happy customers have to say! (http://suluhair.com/testimonials.html)

"Iíd like to thank you all so very much at Shapleyís! M-T-G is a fabulous product and although I was skeptical at first due to its equine marketing and usage, I havenít looked back since. I have gained more than 1.5Ē in a month with consistent use of your product. I must admit, the smell was almost a deterrent but with the launch of your new SULU Max Gro you will definitely have my business forever. ... -PS Iíve enclosed a comparison shot (Which you can use), this was me recovering from a bad dye job and chin length Bob haircut. Note the dates on the pictures. You guys are AWESOME!" - B-M-H". Click Here to See Photos

HairObsessed
01-15-2009, 08:29 PM
A Legacy is Born…

We trace our beginning back to 1938, with a barber in the midwest named Henry E. Shapley. Responding to his customer’s needs, he formulated a product for scalp conditions including dandruff and psoriasis. An avid horse lover, he discovered that his product not only provided “miraculous” results relieving skin problems, but also promoted hair growth on the coat, mane and tail of his horses. Soon, the product was being sold to the equine market as Original M-T-G.

Now…..fast forward 66 years. In 2004, we began receiving phone calls and emails, primarily from women of African descent, who were using Original M-T-G to promote their own hair growth.

They reported excellent results and demand for the product grew rapidly based upon activity in internet chat rooms and word-of-mouth. Other than an occasional concern that Original M-T-G was sold for equine use, the only real dissatisfaction reported was the peculiar smell of the product.

Now…SULU introduces MAX GRO to address the needs of human hair care. Expect the same great, proven results of Original M-T-G with an improved carrier oil and a human friendly smell.

Not just proven, but now laboratory and DERMATOLOGIST TESTED as well.

HMMMMMM!!!

Bodybutter
01-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Another hair forum was going strong on it so I tried a tube of it{yes, it did help my nape and edges} but it was hard buying that stuff after the 2nd purchase with the cashier thinking it was for something else.:o

HairObsessed
01-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Another hair forum was going strong on it so I tried a tube of it{yes, it did help my nape and edges} but it was hard buying that stuff after the 2nd purchase with the cashier thinking it was for something else.:o

I know the cashier was like... didn't that stuff work the first time?! LOLOL! You are better off ordering that stuff ON LINE at drugstore.com I refuse to do the Monistat HOWEVER I am trying the Lotrimin AF. Lets keep ourselves posted on our progress! I am SO curious. I am a very daring person... every hairstyle; I've tried it... from short to long, braids to silk dreads, kinky twists to corn rows... my hair is quite strong so I am wondering what it will do. I am also doing the stretch till April so this should help with the progress. I am ordering Sulu Max Grow Oil as soon as I get paid this week. I think this will do wonders for my growth. ~:> At lest I HOPE IT WILL!

blkqueen1882
01-16-2009, 12:39 AM
BlkQueen check out Sulu Max Gro... It was designed by MTG and they created a formula for humans. I'm going to try it! (When I get some cash money :)

Sulu MAX GRO‚ĄĘ - Hear what our happy customers have to say! (http://suluhair.com/testimonials.html)

"Iíd like to thank you all so very much at Shapleyís! M-T-G is a fabulous product and although I was skeptical at first due to its equine marketing and usage, I havenít looked back since. I have gained more than 1.5Ē in a month with consistent use of your product. I must admit, the smell was almost a deterrent but with the launch of your new SULU Max Gro you will definitely have my business forever. ... -PS Iíve enclosed a comparison shot (Which you can use), this was me recovering from a bad dye job and chin length Bob haircut. Note the dates on the pictures. You guys are AWESOME!" - B-M-H". Click Here to See Photos

No thank you! That's the human kind of Mane N Tail and I don't use that at all.

HairObsessed
01-16-2009, 07:52 AM
I used Mane n' Tail waaay back in the day before anyone really knew about it. I was in HS... I've never tried Sulu Max... I think I might. I do remember that the Mane n' Tail conditioner was great. My hair was LONG.

Umph
01-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Wow... great thread. Here's my story:

My son had some type scalp fungus that caused this thick brown flaky dandruff- nothing helped! Head & Shoulders, daily washings and moisturizers- hair oils, Vaseline, blue magic- NOTHING! So I contacted my health insurance company and asked them to search for dermatologist that were in my network. The one 30 minutes from me was booked up to 6 mos before first available appointment. I was given three, found one 2 hours away and got my son in within 2 weeks. Long story short, my son was prescribed a cream that really looked similar to monistat. After 2-3 refills of this expensive cream I finally asked, is there anything cheaper (generic) and was told that Miconazole Nitrate is the active bacteria fighting ingredient and that is also found in women's vaginal creams. Wow! all this time searching for doctors and spending $$ for expensive creams and I could have spent much less purchasing monistat. After last refill I purchased 2 tubes Miconazole Nitrate - Monistat- and the dandruff problem is no more. Bacterial gone. I now use monistat to fill my thinning hairline and it's working. An no the cream never went down there first, only used topically on my head (hairline). :)

DanceKendra
01-17-2009, 12:23 PM

My son had some type scalp fungus that caused this thick brown flaky dandruff- nothing helped! Head & Shoulders, daily washings and moisturizers- hair oils, Vaseline, blue magic- NOTHING! So I contacted my health insurance company and asked them to search for dermatologist that were in my network. The one 30 minutes from me was booked up to 6 mos before first available appointment. I was given three, found one 2 hours away and got my son in within 2 weeks. Long story short, my son was prescribed a cream that really looked similar to monistat. After 2-3 refills of this expensive cream I finally asked, is there anything cheaper (generic) and was told that Miconazole Nitrate is the active bacteria fighting ingredient and that is also found in women's vaginal creams. Wow! all this time searching for doctors and spending $$ for expensive creams and I could have spent much less purchasing monistat. After last refill I purchased 2 tubes Miconazole Nitrate - Monistat- and the dandruff problem is no more. Bacterial gone. I now use monistat to fill my thinning hairline and it's working. An no the cream never went down there first, only used topically on my head (hairline). :)

Hmmmmm! Thanks for this! Some people should try and open their minds!! Some people would rather pay for an expensive cream instead of Monistat. Ridiculous!

Lilshortnsassy
01-17-2009, 04:28 PM

Which brand did you use?, how long did it take before you saw results?

Umph
01-18-2009, 07:17 AM
I see results w/the cheap Dollar Tree brand- $1 a tube

ices.princess
01-18-2009, 09:55 AM
The mind is like a parachute. Works best when open.

Honestly some of yall don't have to worry about Monistat scrambling your brain. Know it all syndrome has already fried it.

Lilshortnsassy
01-18-2009, 10:12 PM

Honestly some of yall don't have to worry about Monistat scrambling your brain. Know it all syndrome has already fried it.

=D>Applause=D>Applause=D>Applause

LilMissRed
01-19-2009, 06:06 AM
I might give this a try as I have Seborrheic Dermatitis on my scalp.. its ALOT cheaper than my prescription thats for sure

ices.princess
01-19-2009, 07:24 AM
I might give this a try as I have Seborrheic Dermatitis on my scalp.. its ALOT cheaper than my prescription thats for sure

We're in a recession. Put your recessionista hat on and work it.

LilMissRed
01-19-2009, 08:34 AM
We're in a recession. Put your recessionista hat and work it.

HELLO! u told the truth that time girl! hmmmmm $10 vs $30.. hmmmmm easy choice if u ask me LOL

Umph
01-19-2009, 03:48 PM
please contact your doctor before doing so... your rx could be better than the monistat

HairObsessed
01-23-2009, 05:52 PM

OK why am I going to attempt this on my Son's exema?!

HairObsessed
01-23-2009, 06:10 PM

OK here is an example of having a seriously open mind... I consider myself a student in Earth school as well as grad school... anyhooo...

SOOOO I was looking at the ingredients to my Duane Reade brand of Penetrating Emu Oil CRACKED HEEL Skin Softener :eek::eek::eek::eek:

*Soothes Rough Cracked Heels
*Softens Calluses, Corns & Dry Skin

Ingredients: Emu Oil, Lechithin, Clycine Soja (soybean) Oil, Lanolin, Beeswax Papin and Fragrance.

OK Get to the point????

Why did I use it on my baby edges that are acting unrully since my attempt to stretch till April.... AND IT WORKED?!

creolesugar
03-13-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm going to start using mouthwashes, such as Listerine, on my scalp

I'm tired of scratching it only to find gunk underneath my nails (gross right?)

I don't know what it is, but I do know that the scalp is one of the most neglected parts of the body!

MochaLFDyva
03-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Mouthwash, lol were u joking?!?!?! ROFLMAO
I could just picture someone running around with a smoking scalp from the listerine burns...

But I feel you, I hate that feeling...

creolesugar
03-13-2009, 03:26 PM
LOL no I'm not joking. I read other threads, and the ladies' posts about Listerine are positive!

HairObsessed
03-13-2009, 03:30 PM
OK MegaTek will get rid of that stuff (EWW! LOL!) It got rid of my dandruff and EVEN MY CAT'S! LOL!

I'm going to start using mouthwashes, such as Listerine, on my scalp

I'm tired of scratching it only to find gunk underneath my nails (gross right?)

I don't know what it is, but I do know that the scalp is one of the most neglected parts of the body!

creolesugar
03-13-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't know how to use MegaTek yet, but I will definitely keep that in mind.

So I have dandruff? aw man lol

jagnation
03-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here is an abstract from a journal article from International Journal of Dermatology that discusses miconazole nitrate for dandruff.

A Comparison of Miconazole Nitrate and Selenium Disulfide as Anti-dandruff Agents
Rekha A. Sheth, M.D., D.V.D. 1
1 Medicare Research Clinics, 21, New Marine Lines, Bombay
Correspondence to Address for reprints: Rekha A. Sheth, M.D., D.V.D., The Medicare Research Clinics, 21, New Marine Lines, Bombay 400 020.
Copyright 1983 Blackwell Science Ltd
ABSTRACT

ABSTRACT: The anti-dandruff efficacy of two shampoos containing 2% miconazole nitrate and 2.5% selenium disulfide was compared in 15 subjects and eight subjects, respectively. The antifungal drug, miconazole nitrate, was found to possess anti-dandruff activity similar to selenium sulfide, a cytostatic compound. For evaluation, techniques of clinical grading and the corneocyte count were used and the latter was found inaccurate. Instead, clinical assessment by grading the severity, supplemented by cytodiagnosis by smear examination was found more helpful. The latter helps to evaluate both the altered pathophysiologic and microbial factors operating in a given case of dandruff, which is a symptom complex brought about by multiple etiologic factors.

Lilshortnsassy
03-14-2009, 11:08 AM
I used it on my scalp and it really did stop the itches and the flakes ( I have extremely dry scalp especially in the winter) and it gave me growth on my hairline *:rolleyes: hmmm Im out to I need to by somemore* Oh yeah and it's light so it wont weigh your hair down cuz if you're like me u gotta have your swang :p

LadyNaps
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
No matter our opinions, our differences, our hair problems. This site is the the shit! Yo I lloovvee this site! Where else can black women unite! Over what we love best OUR HAIR! I mean im really emotional here! We not arguing men, gossip, who said who and who wore what?but over something that we can prosper towards and feel good about. People like my boyfriend complain that hair isn't important but for us, the ladies of BHP it is the reflection of hardwork good diet, stress free, and beautiful healthy lifestyles that gives us the hair we love. Yo I honestly love all of you ladies. We have embraced our beautiful textures and learned to be unique regardless of what other misinformed individuals think of us. The forum has taught me that mt hair and me are indeed beautiful and it feels good to feel this way. I mean this is amazing! 5 months I was using harsh shampoo once a month! Vaseline, never moisturizing, keeping split ends for length, never DC ever, never knew what a DC was lol never CO never used protein and used heat 2x a day. Today I am 5 months past my BC and my hair has grown 4 inches in 3 months! Its like my hair was ddyyiinnggg to be set free of former bad habits and just grow grow grroowww! Umph! And the white girls in junior high said my hair just caint grow! Who woulda thought my hair grows longer and prettier when being nourished in its natural state! Thank thank thank you every BHP women who has enlightened me from my iggnorance. Knowledge is beautiful I swear

I love u BHP ladies

keep hope I mean naps/alive!

ysm
10-17-2009, 08:46 PM

I also have dandruff as well as eczema. But my dandruff went away when I started washing and DC'ing every week, oiling/massaging my scalp, and now I cowash once/week. Result? No more dandruff. My eczema, while not on my scalp, is on my body. and let me tell you, if MN would get rid of the eczema, I'd use it. If bleach got rid of it, I'd use it! This stuff is a mess. There's no cure, just periods where you don'thave an outbreak. I never thought about using MN on my skin or hair until I came across it in a thread here. I had considered it, but I don't want to chance any side affects. But I'll definitely ask my dr. about it and if she gives the ok, I will be putting it on my foot. (Not my face though! I have to draw the line somewhere! :D ).

blakberione
12-20-2009, 11:48 PM
I have decided to give MN a try. I have been trying to grow my hair since 2007. I have made some progress, although slow. Have recently started useing more natural products, co-washing recently, more conditioning and all that. However, really intrigued by the MN idea. Recently heard about the Megatek products and will be ordering that in near future. I am getting excited about the possiblilities of have longer thicker, stronger hair. I am currently 55 and wear hair in natural two-strand twist style which I love. Having said this, I do realize that I have to be realistic about the hormonal differences at this age compared to when I was 21. Anywhooo--I am still excited about the possibilities, my hair right now is the healthiest it has been in years, but not quite the volume and length I would like to have. I really thank God for the hair I have right now, and I do, that you God, I believe this is just the beginning, and I thank You for this forum. DanceKendra and Ashfast I wish you well with your healthy hair efforts.

acupofmagic
12-21-2009, 01:58 AM
I use MN as a growth aid. And I donít see it any different from using something thatís meant for horses on the head:rolleyes: I mean if itís safe to go up my crotch,then it safe to go on my head as well. I mean come onnnn, it is JUST a anti-fungal cream with the main active ingredient. Iíve gotten so much growth from using MN than Iíve ever got in my life. I donít use my MN straight tho,I just dilute it with oils. And at least MN doesnít stink,hmph!

I will keep using MN if I have to. Different strokes for different folks *yawn*

SimCity
05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
:) girl you funny! But I know thats right.. I mean kudos to those who do, but why can't you just wash your hair more to solve that problem! Keep it clean and no funkies!:D

i agree!:D

SimCity
05-25-2010, 09:14 PM

I like the dont knock it until you try it part. Nice confession.
Glad to see it helps & it works for you :)

clemsondiva
05-30-2010, 05:51 AM
Be careful when you consider what you put on your hair/scalp. It is "seconds" away from our brains. Black people are so PRESSED to have long hair that we will do and try ANYTHING to have it. There are no 10 year studies that show that MST does not have adverse health effects. You would be surprised at the kinds of products that cause cancer.

When cells increase their ability to subdivide, the can easily become cancerous. I am a Cancer Geneticist...so be warned!!

glassbutterfly
06-30-2010, 11:34 AM
I just found something that gave me a little incentive to try MN on my scalp. I found out that the same candida albicans fungus that gives us those vaginal infections is the same that gives little ones diaper rash and the same -iconozole medication creams and ointments are prescribed to alleviate the symptoms (including one called Monistat-Derm which is sold in drug stores as a topical vaginal cream) Here is the article from emedicinehealth:

Yeast Infection Diaper Rash Treatment, Prevention and Information by eMedicineHealth.com (http://www.emedicinehealth.com/yeast_infection_diaper_rash/article_em.htm)

After reading this and all of the success stories here I think I may give this a try, even if its only for a couple of weeks or so. I also found out that these creams are even used for yeast infections on other parts of the body, usually where there are creases, eg. under the breasts, inside of the elbow, in the nailbed (athletes foot) etc. I kinda figure that if it is safe enough to use on a baby short term, I couldn't do me any harm if I use it temporarily. So if anyone else is having misgivings because of the association of it being what my grandmother hysterically calls " a hooha cream", I hope this helps!! :D

Note: If you don't want to read the entire thing, the reference is on page 3 of the article.

munchy
06-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Nooooope....im good!!

glassbutterfly
06-30-2010, 12:33 PM
LOL! Gotta try something girl! Been tackling this thinning hair issue for months. I think a lot of it has to do with the Lupus and the braids I took out. If this fails its back to headbands!

munchy
06-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Have you tried Jamaican Black Castor Oil...Its the Bomb..Try that before the MN stuff!!

CherriPepsi
06-30-2010, 03:53 PM
I use MN as a growth aid. And I donít see it any different from using something thatís meant for horses on the head:rolleyes: I mean if itís safe to go up my crotch,then it safe to go on my head as well. I mean come onnnn, it is JUST a anti-fungal cream with the main active ingredient. Iíve gotten so much growth from using MN than Iíve ever got in my life. I donít use my MN straight tho,I just dilute it with oils. And at least MN doesnít stink,hmph!

I will keep using MN if I have to. Different strokes for different folks *yawn*

I don't use MN but THANK YOU for bringing up that point.

glassbutterfly
06-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Have you tried Jamaican Black Castor Oil...Its the Bomb..Try that before the MN stuff!!

Going out on another hair growth scouting mission tomorrow. I will definitely check that one out.

glassbutterfly
07-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Just finished making an oil out of the following:

Abyssinian Oil
Jojoba Oil
Coconut Oil (EVCO)
Olive Oil (EVOO)
Cranberry Seed Oil
Pomegranate Seed Oil
Argan Oil
Orchid Extract
Rice Bran Oil
A botanical extract blend I got when I was making glycerin soaps that contains burdock root, calendula and lavender extracts
Essential oils of Lavender, Orange, Tangerine, Patchouli and Ylang-Ylang

Wanted to add castor oil but i couldn't find it. Might have to order it. Will try this before the MN.