View Full Version : mizani hair products reviews

Julia
09-18-2008, 01:08 PM
I have heard of mizani before. I was wondering what are your thoughts or reviews on mizani hair products. I would like to get some but I get skeptical about product I haven't used.

k-butterflyy
09-18-2008, 09:38 PM
i use mizani relaxers and wrapping foam and i love them. it's not too harsh on my hair, which i like. the wrapping foam doesn't dry my hair out and make it stiff, it keeps it moisturized and flowing w/ movement, btu holds at the same time.

denalove
09-18-2008, 10:28 PM
I had mizani relaxer for a while in the past. I have to say they really straightened out my hair and it was the silkiest ever.
I no longer use them. I am now using Cyntonicks. I think I keep spelling it wrong. But anyways, I didn't stop using mizani for any particular reason, just because this forementioned claims to be organic.

BTW, I am very sleeepy and if that post makes no sense, let me know....lol

Dividir
09-19-2008, 04:26 AM
Se i was thining about switching to mizani.. bumping for more reviews, because ya'll have got me wanting to do it now

Ashfast
09-19-2008, 09:51 AM
When I had a relaxer and started using Mizani, my hair changed to a different texture, it was so much more smoother, softer and manageable

hairbydegreat
10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I am a professional stylist, and after burning plenty of my clients using what the school provided, I did some more research on Mizani. I used it and loved it, and I think that my client's hair has gotten much better. I use pretty much everything in their line, and I love them for two specific reasons: 1. Mizani is Swahili for "balance", which means that they focus on hair being in a balanced and healthy condition, and I see it! 2. Despite the fact that many Koreans get lucky and can carry some of the duos that you can buy from a distribution center, it is truly a professional product, that provides at home care, that means to me that you get salon quality results when you are away from your stylist. To be someone that uses it on others and myself, that means a lot.

monisedurr
01-09-2009, 11:33 PM
I like the relaxer, but only used it twice. I use the shampoo and conditioner on a regular basis and love it.

evanny
01-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Darn it! This is adding fuel to my Mizani fire! Now I REALLY want to try this relaxer! :( Sadly the last time I relaxed I used ORS and I don't want my hair to fall out if I try the Mizani.

mssnu
01-09-2009, 11:53 PM
When is it safe to switch relaxers?

Darn it! This is adding fuel to my Mizani fire! Now I REALLY want to try this relaxer! :( Sadly the last time I relaxed I used ORS and I don't want my hair to fall out if I try the Mizani.

evanny
01-10-2009, 12:20 AM
When is it safe to switch relaxers?

Saldy IDK. I just asked Sunshyne, hopefully she or someone else can let us know. I'll see if I can find the answer too. To google I go!

evanny
01-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Okay so far that I've read on LHCF, a lot of the women were switching back to Mizani when it was time for them to get their touch ups. I guess you can switch when it's time to get another touch up. I also read that Mizani tends to leave a wave pattern in the hair. It doesn't get it bone straight. Now I'll probably get hammered for this, but i like bone straight. Something for me to debate over before I make the switch I guess.

Okay I got an answer. She said that it's okay to switch as long as you do it professionally. Also you shouldn't switch back and forth between lye and no lye. I'll be using no lye, it's the only one I've ever used.

Fitzy
01-10-2009, 12:32 PM
I LOVE this line, I don't think I will ever use another relaxer my hair is wonderful after this one. I'm about to go hit up my BSS and see what else I can get my hands on. I have recommended Mizani to everyone I know whos relaxed.

Fitzy
01-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Okay so far that I've read on LHCF, a lot of the women were switching back to Mizani when it was time for them to get their touch ups. I guess you can switch when it's time to get another touch up. I also read that Mizani tends to leave a wave pattern in the hair. It doesn't get it bone straight. Now I'll probably get hammered for this, but i like bone straight. Something for me to debate over before I make the switch I guess.

Okay I got an answer. She said that it's okay to switch as long as you do it professionally. Also you shouldn't switch back and forth between lye and no lye. I'll be using no lye, it's the only one I've ever used.

Okay I must say, my hair was BONE straight when I used it and I didn't have it in my hair for the recommended time because I felt how it was straighting my hair when I was smoothing. I freaked out because I thought my hair was going to start falling out. Dena (after I used it) warned me of how straight it can make your hair. I think you should try it your next go round. :D

Tall, Black Canadian
01-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I don't think you have to have a pro apply the relaxer as long as the switch is the same type (lye-lye not lye-no lye) because we are supposed to only be touching the new growth.

Mz. JJ
01-10-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't think you have to have a pro apply the relaxer as long as the switch is the same type (lye-lye not lye-no lye) because we are supposed to only be touching the new growth.

I agree with TBC.

Fitzy
01-10-2009, 07:32 PM

I agree also! I love there relaxer...the butter blend one!

bwell2u
01-10-2009, 07:50 PM
I liked the Mizani relaxers, but I'd only use their shampoos and conditioners now that I'm sticking to natural hair.

relaxedgemini
01-10-2009, 11:00 PM
In the past my sytlist only used Mizani products. I must say that even though I had horrible hair care practices in between visits my hair maintained its length. Then about two years ago she switch to Design Essentials and that's when my hair started in this see-saw pattern of gaining lenght, but because one section experience worse breakage than the rest my hair was cut to keep it even.

Well, she's back to Mizani relaxers ... which I love. They don't leave a wave pattern in my hair ... my hair actually gets bone straight. I will maintain my hair between touch ups using Mizani and other products. I must say that when I do it at home I get closer to salon results when I use the Mizani products. I can't wait to use the Thermasmooth, which I shall have Monday.

evanny
01-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks ladies for your valued input. I talked to Sunshyne and she said the same thing. I'm going to go ahead and use Mizani. If it doesn't work as well as I would have hoped, which I highly doubt it won't, I'll switch back to ORS. I'm going to go look for some other Mizani products for moisturizing and stuff b/c the ones I bought have mineral oil in them. :( I am really interested in their products. Mostly b/c I've heard such good things about them and b/c I like the way their product's packaging looks. lol Dumb reason I know, but it is what it is. :p

Oh another thing, for those of you ladies that have used this relaxer, is it fairly expensive? I know thier shampoos and conditioners are out here where I live. Is it like a $40 relaxer?

massielm18
01-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks ladies for your valued input. I talked to Sunshyne and she said the same thing. I'm going to go ahead and use Mizani. If it doesn't work as well as I would have hoped, which I highly doubt it won't, I'll switch back to ORS. I'm going to go look for some other Mizani products for moisturizing and stuff b/c the ones I bought have mineral oil in them. :( I am really interested in their products. Mostly b/c I've heard such good things about them and b/c I like the way their product's packaging looks. lol Dumb reason I know, but it is what it is. :p

Oh another thing, for those of you ladies that have used this relaxer, is it fairly expensive? I know thier shampoos and conditioners are out here where I live. Is it like a $40 relaxer?

i know if you google "mizani relaxer" and click on the shopping tab, you may find the cheapest price online. I'm new to BHP....im dominican too lol

Tall, Black Canadian
01-11-2009, 07:51 PM

There are a couple of Ebay stores that sell all kinds of Mizani products, including the butter blends line. I was very close to purchasing the entire system until I discovered shipping from many of those places into Western Canada costs more than the products! You are West too evanny, but if you choose regular (slow) shipping, it shouldn't cost anymore than anywhere else.

evanny
01-12-2009, 10:22 AM
i know if you google "mizani relaxer" and click on the shopping tab, you may find the cheapest price online. I'm new to BHP....im dominican too lol

Que beuno! Que parte del pais eres? Quisqueya :D

I don't really like buying online. I'm paranoid. LOL But I will buy it online if the prices are ridiculous in the stores.

Thank you TBC! I know JC Penney has Mizani products. I didn't look through the entire salon when I bought the overnight cream and the H2O. I'll go back and look to see their prices. Also a BSS in my area has their products too. They're behind a glass case, and the shampoo is $18. :eek:

Esthiegirl
02-01-2010, 12:32 AM
I love Mizani. My stylist used to use the relaxer on my hair, it left my hair soft and smooth and didn't dry it out. I haven't had a perm since July 2008 and now she uses the Thermasmooth products with a flatiron. My hair has never felt silkier. Love it!

Dividir
02-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Ok since my last post on this thread. I have used the mizani relaxer about 3 times (I did some hardcore stretching last year)

I like it IMO it is gentle. I have a curl/wave pattern left in my hair, but then again I am a texlaxer and I use the mild version. It doesn't cause relaxer burn, unless I accidentally attack my scalp the night before and forget to base it

I am a recovering PJ so I can not buy any of the other products until i have depleted my stash