View Full Version : Met a 2B/3B Tailbone Length Natural....

Vermelha
09-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Hey ladies!

I just met a lady with TB length hair the other day.
I personally think she's absolutely gorgeous.
But she is 2B/3B TB length natural!!!
I'm like OMG!!!!
She teaches at my University and she and I are cool
Just thought you ladies would like to know.

In the meantime, I'ma ask her some of the things she does to her hair.

Anywho, do any of you personally (not online) know women with long, natural or relaxed hair? If so, spill! lol, i mean, share with us some of the things they do.

CREODiiVA
09-06-2008, 01:21 PM
mY AUNTIE FROM JAMAICA Has WL 4b Natural Hair I Call her The African Rapunzel ...That Is so awesome to see a African Texture Hair grown so long .........I will post pics But I have to ask her for some

milkdud
09-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Can I ask a question? What is this 2b/3b 4b stuff? I can't figure it out. It obviously has a lot to do with hair texture (I assuming). Thanks!

denalove
09-06-2008, 10:32 PM
OK, milkdud, go under hairtypes forum and there are tons of explanations there.

My aunt is a relaxed hair almost waist lenght.ju, her hair is just naturally like that. I have to say she does very little to it. But to help, she only relaxes like 2 or 3 times a year, and she wears it in a protective style most of the time.

The Anti Hair Slave
09-23-2008, 10:43 AM
Dena, I think relaxing only a few times a year is part of growing hair long and keeping it healthy because if you only relaxe a few times a year you are much less likely to overlap and end up with damaged hair.

Pharoahs_Angel
09-23-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey ladies!

I just met a lady with TB length hair the other day.
I personally think she's absolutely gorgeous.
But she is 2B/3B TB length natural!!!
I'm like OMG!!!!
She teaches at my University and she and I are cool
Just thought you ladies would like to know.

In the meantime, I'ma ask her some of the things she does to her hair.

Anywho, do any of you personally (not online) know women with long, natural or relaxed hair? If so, spill! lol, i mean, share with us some of the things they do.

I have a few Aunts on my Father's side whose hair is that length & texture.

My hair was that length when I was a kid & so was my son's.

CREODiiVA
09-23-2008, 11:30 AM
yesterday I seen This Short white lady walking with like 1b hair ???? Is that even a texture..lol..I dont know anywayz...It was BONE STRAIGHT But It was past her butt ...and That was some FREAKY <CENSORED>...WOW..Is there a Length Limit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Carolinagirl_22
09-24-2008, 08:10 AM
Ok what is up with working to achieve length in your hair...then only wearing it in protective styles!! What is the point of having long hair? I might as well focus on my healthiness and weave it up when I want more length. Does that make sense to anyone else. Healthy hair looks great no matter what length.

Pharoahs_Angel
09-24-2008, 09:00 AM
One of my neighbors (she's Phillipino) Her hair rests on her thighs & it usually grows down to her feet.

LilMissRed
09-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Ok what is up with working to achieve length in your hair...then only wearing it in protective styles!! What is the point of having long hair? I might as well focus on my healthiness and weave it up when I want more length. Does that make sense to anyone else. Healthy hair looks great no matter what length.

I know thats rite LOL, but I'm sue they wear it in protective styles to prevent it from rubbing on their clothes etc.. which know breaks mine..still tho... it'd be nice to have that length atleast some of the time, I DEF wouldnt want to have to maintain it LOL :D

BACK TO REALITY!! I just want my hair healthy

rajingbutterfli
10-09-2008, 01:23 PM

I agree with you! I think we all want to make so many improvements that we take the good things that we have going on for granted! :( I want length and volume just as bad as the next sister, but damn when I cut my hair short, 2-3 inches, I feel like a hot chic and I am conflicted! I told myself that I would grow my hair out another 4-5 years and then rock a short cut for the rest of my life because it is less maintainence.. We all want the best of both worlds..

angel_hair
10-10-2008, 02:00 PM
I want healthy long hair. I want to prove to myself that I can grow my hair.

California
10-12-2008, 11:05 AM
I was thinking the same thing!!!!! What other options are their for long hair besides wearing it in protective styles. I thought most wanted to acheive longer hair to wear down or style in other styles besides a bun.

Vermelha
01-02-2009, 08:52 AM
I was thinking the same thing!!!!! What other options are their for long hair besides wearing it in protective styles. I thought most wanted to acheive longer hair to wear down or style in other styles besides a bun.

Well, there aren't many options. Keep in mind that lots of long haired women don't do too much to the hair. It's funny and ironic b/c those of us with shorter hair overdo, then gripe about not having long hair... It's just hilarious to me...

Caribbean Gyal
01-02-2009, 09:52 AM
My science teacher at school has a full head of SLP/APL hair! And she's natural! :eek:
I was all like "WOW!" when I first met/saw her ! I'm so glad she turned out to be my teacher :)

parched3b
01-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I totally agree, when you see those with long hair you wonder why they do not do anything with it, but that is the very reason it is long...I have been natural for just over 3 years and it was so easy before it got to my shoulders...I usually two strand twist it...there seems to have been a stop in growth, but now I think its because it's shoulder length and may be breaking off.

dawnss
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
No, I think that women with long hair, like those on the long hair community, tend to wear their hair up is the same reason we do, they like to protect their hair also. And to be honest I think that the women on that website, some of whom don't even consider mbl long, wear their hair up because some of the buns that do are amazing. They do their hair in victorian hair styles, figure eight buns, cinnamon buns, regular buns, and etc. So go on and take a look because their buns are far from boring!

Vermelha
02-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I just realized though. Since then, she and I became best of friends. We've been hanging out and I've noticed that she never wears her hair up. She wears it long and curly without any issues.

munchy
02-05-2009, 07:15 AM
I just realized though. Since then, she and I became best of friends. We've been hanging out and I've noticed that she never wears her hair up. She wears it long and curly without any issues.

She must be using some products that are the BOMB! :)

HairObsessed
02-05-2009, 09:55 PM
She must be using some products that are the BOMB! :)

I agree... many women with long hair tend to use a "secret product" she isn't revealing to anyone. I know Mega Tek was something I NEVER heard of till this forum. Since then I lurked on other sites and found many women use this with LONG hair. I am not so sure about the "wearing the hair up" notion. I understand the less manipulation the better off your hair is however everytime I see women with FAB hair, it's usually down.

prettykinks
03-09-2009, 03:02 PM

Do you think she would let you take a pic of her hair? I would love to see it!

Vermelha
03-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Do you think she would let you take a pic of her hair? I would love to see it!

I don't think so. And the only pics I've seen of her, her hair is straightened.
We don't talk hair really. I don't even know what she uses. All I know is that she's pretty picky about her hair too, being that she came from a bob cut like 10 years ago. She has about 10 years worth of hair

Caribbean Gyal
03-09-2009, 05:25 PM
My science teacher has long BSL or SL natural hair and it looks really thick! I think she's in the 3s ( 3b/3c or 4a ).
I wish I had a picture to show.

azucarmoreno
06-29-2009, 12:55 PM
One of my cousins from Africa had beautiful long, thick type 4a-4b hair when whe came to live with us in Spain. She had chemical-free hair that was healthy and had body and bounce. But after staying with us for a while, the harsh chemicals of the water (calcium and chlorine, in addition to hard mineral residue) and using a blow dryer passed its toll on her hair. About a year later her hair was choppy, dry, and dull looking. And to make things "better" we all started experimenting with chemicals (anyone remembers those first TCB relaxers??? yeah, that was the stuff that would make you go blind!!! lol)

Saunta2
06-29-2009, 07:12 PM
One of my cousins from Africa had beautiful long, thick type 4a-4b hair when whe came to live with us in Spain. She had chemical-free hair that was healthy and had body and bounce. But after staying with us for a while, the harsh chemicals of the water (calcium and chlorine, in addition to hard mineral residue) and using a blow dryer passed its toll on her hair. About a year later her hair was choppy, dry, and dull looking. And to make things "better" we all started experimenting with chemicals (anyone remembers those first TCB relaxers??? yeah, that was the stuff that would make you go blind!!! lol)

I remember when I was about 9 this girl that does hair (she's been doing mine since I was about 8) anyway she was staying with us for a while. She used to have a whole set of hair and craft stuff on the dresser in my room. One day she went out and curiosity got the better of me. I opened her jar of TCB relaxer not knowing what it was, stuck my nose over it and inhaled. :eek:

Guess who went to sleep instantly and had a headache for the whole day? :o

jesimon003
07-02-2009, 09:56 PM
My Hair Was Tail Bone Lenght When I Started Highschool. But Now It's Between Sl And Mbl Due To Cutting It Midway Through Highschool. I'm Currently Transitioning After About 16 Years Of Relaxers. My Hair Type Is A 3c With Some 3b Areas. When It Was Long I Only Washed It Once A Week, Blow Dry Or Roller Set And Mostly Wore It In Ponytails. But Now I'm All About Taking Care Of My Hair And Making Sure It's Healthy! Although Now It Seems Like The More Effort I Put Into It The Less It Grows! But I'm Sure It's Just My Mind Playing Tricks On Me! Lol

memee1978
07-22-2009, 08:13 PM
i want to be tb...sometime in the begining of next year.hopefully!!!!

Alidasturn
07-23-2009, 06:38 AM
There is a young lady that we work with whose hair is tailbone length. She always keeps it in a long braid. She is one of the people who told me about the burdock oil.

lexelle
07-23-2009, 09:51 PM
For all who know someone with very long hair...... have you ever asked her what products she uses or which products she avoids?

memee1978
07-25-2009, 08:08 PM
For all who know someone with very long hair...... have you ever asked her what products she uses or which products she avoids?

its not so much about the products to avoid.first....you need to care for your body inside out.then use products that works for you.no two heads are the same.and dont focus on just one vitamin.the body needs a balence of vitamin and minerals.......you can wear protective styles....but not wveryone does and will.me personally....i wear my hair down in a ponytail almost daily.....and pinn it up the last half of the day.i keep my hair well conditioned...and moisterized.you need balence.if you wearing staright hair....you need to focus on keeping it well conditioned and use a good oil or butter.massage scalp daily if possible.2 much sweets and sodas...etc....can result in weakened hair.but do what works for you.bigg hugg!!!!:)

maria500
03-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I live in the Caribbean, i'm kinda used to seeing ladies here with really long hair, a lot of them natural. My mom's hair is natural and it's almost waist length.

choshi1
03-02-2010, 07:30 AM
I have two friends with MBL length hair, very thick. they are both relaxed but have very different thoughts on hair care. One only allows certain people to touch her hair, has her own rollers and combs and towels for the salon and generally washes and goes - she is a type 3 a/b, the other is a type 4 and is more laid back with her hair - it is rarely in a protective style and is usually straight. I would joke and say my hair only grows when i am around them because I want to catch up.

Vermelha
03-02-2010, 08:11 AM
I have two friends with MBL length hair, very thick. they are both relaxed but have very different thoughts on hair care. One only allows certain people to touch her hair, has her own rollers and combs and towels for the salon and generally washes and goes - she is a type 3 a/b, the other is a type 4 and is more laid back with her hair - it is rarely in a protective style and is usually straight. I would joke and say my hair only grows when i am around them because I want to catch up.

It is good to be around people with long hair. It will help change your attitude. Hanging around my friend really taught me to be more lax about hair care and that it's not always a chore. Sometimes, it's fun.

CushiticBabii
03-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Every female in my family has long natural hair (all waist length and beyond).

My hair is hip length (i might get a hair cut this month to get rid of my split ends). I don't do anything special to my hair.
but i do suffer from breakage/shedding (due to my anemia), which has resulted in me cutting my hair twice in 3 years.

Treece
03-22-2010, 12:24 AM
The record holder for longest (female) hair is a girl in china. Surprised? World's Longest Hair - Who has the World's Longest Hair? (http://www.worldslongesthair.com/)

And here's a youtube video for girls in Lithunia (Surprised again!?) who compete for longest hair. YouTube - Longest Hair Competition

Most of my mother's side of the family has long(ish) hair but most are also relaxed...about APL long. And of course some are short... I haven't seen many of the women on my dad's side.

Both are Caribbean. I've only been to Jamaica and there is so much diversity, with that come a diversity of hair. Of course I see very long dreads, and a variety of hair! Fun to look at if that's the reason why you're there lol.

My hair stylists sister is relaxed as well and her hair is WL, very pretty. Dunno what she does with it but from what I've heard it grows fast. :)

angel_hair
03-23-2010, 12:27 PM
SAD most of my friends have thin, shedding, breaking hair, and won't listen to anyone about how to improve it.

eyekandy22
06-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Just when I was thinking that I should keep an open mind to texturizing in the future if I don't love my natural hair when it's longer- I saw this girl with 4B WL hair that was in 3 large thick braids. The ends were left loose and unstretched, so if the ends were stretched that would make her past tailbone length probably. I was very impressed- but she was probably like 12/13 years old, and under 5ft tall- so that might be a factor- but I'd never seen 4B hair like that in my life.

MysticMatriarch
06-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't know any any woman with hair that long. I saw an AA woman at Wal-Mart with hip length hair. It was so straight I was not sure it was extensions. It was not as shiny and fake looking as extensions tend to.

I want long hair again. I know that I will likely not want to put this much effort into having long hair when I am older so I want to enjoy it in my youth.

Bigmommah
10-29-2010, 09:20 AM
My sister currently has WL hair that she cut back from TBL because she didn't like the fact that she could tuck it in her back pockets. She normally wears a bun because her hair texture is what we like to call "wolf pelt" in it's thickness. She has as much hair on 1 side of her head as most people do over their entire head. If I had to guess her texture I would put it at an extremely thick mix of 3c/4a but don't quote me on that.

Her secret to long hair has been that she keeps things simple. She washes it once per week, very seldom uses heat and "seals" it with plain old blue bergamot, although we never knew it was called sealing lol.

Her youngest daughter currently has waist length 4b/4c hair and her oldest daughter is almost bsl again after wearing relaxers for years and having some breakage.

AuNaturale85
12-30-2010, 10:21 AM
I remember when I was in middle school there was a black girl who would wear her natural hair in a high pontail and her hair still reached a few inches short of MBL lol I remember asking her how'd she get her hair to grow so long and she said that her mom puts mayonaise in her hair once a week.

Eelite
04-15-2011, 11:04 PM
You're right to a certain extent, but when I go out to a party I love to wear my long hair. That's just me. I don't like weave, so I'll wear a protective style. But its okay that you do that.