View Full Version : Aloe Vera Juice --Whole Leaf vs Inner Fillet--

leentora
05-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Another argument that rages on is the difference of opinion between those promoting so-called "whole leaf" Aloe Vera and those who only use the inner gel. It is well established that the inner gel contains most of the beneficial parts of the plant and little of the less beneficial. Those who promote products based on the inner gel alone maintain that their product is as close to "straight from the plant" as the preservation process allows.

The promoters of "whole leaf" Aloe Vera maintain that as they use all the leaf, their product must be more abundant in the good properties of Aloe Vera.

However, the components most likely to destroy the poly-saccharides (thought to give Aloe Vera its renowned properties) - cellulose and bacteria are present in Aloe Vera leaves just under the rind or on the surface of the leaf.
Certainly "whole leaf" manufacturers use carbon filtration or other techniques to filter out the impurities in the liquidised whole leaf and these are thought to also filter out many of the beneficial constituents.

If whole leaf is better why would the largest grower and processor of Aloe Vera in the world take the trouble to fillet by hand the inner leaf gel and use only that, and provide a 60 day "money back" guarantee to back it up?
source (http://www.worldwidehealth.com/health-article-Aloe-Vera-Whole-Leaf-vs-Inner-Gel.html)

My question is which do you ladies use? I asked as I recently found 'Lily of the Desert' AVJ here by the gallon...... I am so excited as I use AVJ in my hair weekly.....The one from my local health food store I didn't fancy it much but hey I had to sue what I could find.

But I notice that there are two kind --Whole Leaf vs Inner Fillet--! Also share your thoughts and experience b/n the two. TIA

Missey
05-19-2012, 10:07 PM
I use to use Jason's, but it cost $15 and since it is in my mixture, I just didn't feel like giving that much money up for it anymore. So I ventured over to Wally World and I'm gonna try the Fruit of the Earth brand.

Missey
06-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Since I switched to the juice, I looked at my bottle to see which one I had. I have the inner filet, and Leen, I absolutely love it. My hair is so soft and it stays moisturized all day. I told my oldest sister about it tonight. She's gonna start using it as a moisturizer tomorrow. She has some gel she wants to get rid of, but says she will use the Juice next.

hanna_light
06-08-2012, 08:19 AM
I personally wish that I saw your post about this debate 1 1/2 weeks ago when I purchasing my AVJ for my Kimmaytube moisturizer. Unfortunately, I purchased the whole leaf version for excessively much money at GNC in any event I am pleased with the way my hair feels moisturized but perhaps if I had the inner filet.

Iwanthealthyhair67
06-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I can understand why Leen has to purchase aloe vera since she can't grow it because of the climate in London (I don't think) but why YOU buying aloe vera anything when you should have a few plants in your fairy garden, splain please ...

I personally wish that I saw your post about this debate 1 1/2 weeks ago when I purchasing my AVJ for my Kimmaytube moisturizer. Unfortunately, I purchased the whole leaf version for excessively much money at GNC in any event I am pleased with the way my hair feels moisturized but perhaps if I had the inner filet.

hanna_light
06-08-2012, 09:10 AM
I can understand why Leen has to purchase aloe vera since she can't grow it because of the climate in London (I don't think) but why YOU buying aloe vera anything when you should have a few plants in your fairy garden, splain please ...

I am too busy trying to grow strawberries, tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, and onions this season but you are right I ought to have a plant.

Missey
06-08-2012, 11:31 PM
My sister called me to thank me for telling her about the AVJ. She actually had the juice and not the gel. She moisturized with it today and fell in love with it. I told her if she lives how it feels after one day, can she imagine how her hair is gonna feel after she has used it for a moment.

Missey
06-11-2012, 02:08 AM
I found the Aloe Vera Juice in the gallon container at Walmart today. It was under $8 and I was paying almost $5 for the 32 ounce size at Walmart. Can we say NEVER AGAIN! I've never seen that size by the Walmart that is a few minutes from my house, but I have no problem traveling an extra 10 minutes to the one who carries the gallon container. They also had the the wild berry AVJ which I had never seen. They also had a new kind that was herbal and it had. It was packed with herbs, but I decided I would just go straight juice right now and perhaps try that one down the line. I do have a Drug Store really close to me that sales all kinda things, but they are too pricey. I was about to venture in there to see what their juice cost. I'm glad I found this one.

marieluy143
06-15-2012, 01:28 AM
Some popular Aloe Vera home remedies:

- To prepare an easy Aloe Vera leave on gel, mix one fourth cup almond oil and half cup aloe Vera and apply the mixture your scalp. Leave it for 20 to 30 minutes. This mixture helps in retaining moisture.

- You can directly squeeze the gel from Aloe Vera plant and directly apply it to the scalp. Open the tendrils and squeeze the gel out of it. Massage the pulp and juice onto your scalp and rinse off after 30 minutes. You can try this home remedy once in 15 days to promote hair growth and to keep your hair healthy.

- To make a shampoo with Aloe Vera, mix half cup Aloe Vera, half cup coconut milk, one fourth cup wheat germ oil and use it as a shampoo. This shampoo will reduce dandruff and make your scalp healthy. This shampoo will also promote hair growth, even in areas where there is adverse hair loss.

- Take the gel of Aloe Vera and mix it with honey. Now apply it to the scalp, leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse with warm water. This home remedy will bring shine to your hair.

- Another simply home remedy for hair growth is to cut Aloe Vera leaves in small pieces and leave them in water overnight. Apply the water to the hair and leave it for as long as possible.

- Also you can make a hair mask with Aloe Vera. Take Aloe Vera get and mix it with an egg and a glass of brandy and then apply it to your scalp. Leave it on your head for at least an hour and then wash it off.

- Another Aloe Vera hair mask can be made by mixing two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel with three quarters of a cup of mayonnaise and finely chopped tomato. Apply all over the head just before bed-time. Wrap it securely and rinse the mixture out of your hair in the morning.

jusstoya
06-15-2012, 04:04 AM
I use inner fillet :)

sewlover
12-24-2012, 10:06 PM
so which is better the whole leaf or the inner fillet in the lily of the desert aloe vera juice. please reply

sunshinegirl502
01-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Is the inner fillet better and how did it make your hair feel? Did you mix it with anyone? Was it a leave in for the hair or did you rinse it out?

Missey
01-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Is the inner fillet better and how did it make your hair feel? Did you mix it with anyone? Was it a leave in for the hair or did you rinse it out?

I use the inner filet for my hair and it stays soft. I like how it stays moist and also its a natural product with so many benefits.

sunshinegirl502
01-22-2013, 08:57 PM
I use the inner filet for my hair and it stays soft. I like how it stays moist and also its a natural product with so many benefits.

So, you used it as a rinse out conditioner? Or a leave in? Have you ever used it as a setting lotion?

Missey
01-22-2013, 09:19 PM
So, you used it as a rinse out conditioner? Or a leave in? Have you ever used it as a setting lotion?

I put it in my deep conditioner and use it as my moisturizer. When I co-wash, I will also use it as my leave in. I have never used it as a setting lotion. I'm in a wig or under a bonnet 24/7.

Blossom_1
01-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Cool, im trying to find some good gel/ moisturizer so this helps

sunshinegirl502
01-26-2013, 07:10 PM
I put it in my deep conditioner and use it as my moisturizer. When I co-wash, I will also use it as my leave in. I have never used it as a setting lotion. I'm in a wig or under a bonnet 24/7.

Okay, thank you. I just did mine again today and I poured some in my setting lotion and I also used it with my conditioner. I guess it can't hurt. I'll see what it feels like when it's totally dry.