View Full Version : Biotin vs Hairfinity vs GNC Nail vitamins

NaTuRaLe_BeAuTe`
04-30-2012, 09:53 PM
These seem to be the 3 most popular hair vitamins talked about on the forum. How do they measure against one another. Has anyone done the comparison and care to share? I want to make a decision as to which one of the 3 I will use

Which of the 3 you think gives best results?

Does anyone use all 3?

Thanks for your help

AfroChanel
05-01-2012, 06:29 AM
I take Spring Valley's hair,skin,and nails vitamins and they contain biotin,collagen,and gelatin.I stopped taking them recently since I am taking the oral version of Provera.The vitamins are great and I noticed my skin is glowing like crazy.

PurplePeony
05-01-2012, 06:59 AM
These seem to be the 3 most popular hair vitamins talked about on the forum. How do they measure against one another. Has anyone done the comparison and care to share? I want to make a decision as to which one of the 3 I will use

Which of the 3 you think gives best results?

Does anyone use all 3?

Thanks for your help

Are you trying to get stronger hair or nail growth?

PurplePeony
05-01-2012, 07:01 AM
I take Spring Valley's hair,skin,and nails vitamins and they contain biotin,collagen,and gelatin.I stopped taking them recently since I am taking the oral version of Provera.The vitamins are great and I noticed my skin is glowing like crazy.

Isn`t Provera birth control? That`s not a vitamin is it?

leentora
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
I can not comment at all on Hairfinity as I only had one bottle of of it to use. I can say biotin works in regards to nail and skin. I have only just started using GNC Hair, Skin and Nails and so far so good. I say how good it is in regards to hair growth as of yet as this is my first month.

I will say this in regards to biotin, Biotin can be tricky for some, in regards to breakout and upset stomach. I have no side effect from it at all. but others have and require a lot of water to prevent the break out. Also you need to take it for 3 months and complete the 4th month from what I have researched reap the full benefit of biotin. HTH

leentora
05-01-2012, 12:30 PM

Are you trying to get stronger or nail growth?

@AfroChanel, as Purple point out Provera is not a vitamin and we hope you are not taking it with that in mind.

AfroChanel
05-01-2012, 01:07 PM
@AfroChanel, as Purple point out Provera is not a vitamin and we hope you are not taking it with that in mind.

I know it's not a vitamin.I am taking it for irregular periods.I know the difference. :(

leentora
05-01-2012, 01:11 PM
I know it's not a vitamin.I am taking it for irregular periods.I know the difference. :(

That is fine, we were just checking as the question posed by Naturale-Beaute was about vitamins, No need to be sad, We look out for each other on here; we were just looking out for you and making sure. You will soon learn and see that's we ladies are :) ;).

PurplePeony
05-01-2012, 01:13 PM

She was asking about vitamins & you said you started taking Provera that`s why I asked.

AfroChanel
05-01-2012, 01:52 PM
She was asking about vitamins & you said you started taking Provera that`s why I asked.

I'm sorry if I confused you.:(

PurplePeony
05-01-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry if I confused you.:(

No need for an apology. It was just a misunderstanding :)

Missey
05-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I've never used the GNC. I use the Hairfinity and I was using Biotin before that. I didn't see anything outstanding with just the Biotin. I also have come to terms that I have some of the worst eating habits in America, so my body needs the supplements for my hair to thrive.

NaTuRaLe_BeAuTe`
05-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Are you trying to get stronger hair or nail growth?

im more concerned about my hair since I keep my nails short, but if I can get both that would be a plus

NaTuRaLe_BeAuTe`
05-01-2012, 05:12 PM
I've never used the GNC. I use the Hairfinity and I was using Biotin before that. I didn't see anything outstanding with just the Biotin. I also have come to terms that I have some of the worst eating habits in America, so my body needs the supplements for my hair to thrive.

I just started working out and eating better myself. It takes alot of discipline I will tell you that because I can hear chicken wings calling my name as we speak. I have a bottle of Biotin that has been sitting in my cabinet for about two months now that I have not taken yet. I keep seeing on here you need a certain amount of mg, then there are the breakouts

AutumnH
05-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Totally off topic...but I just love this forum!! Out of all the websites this one has the most connection with each member. Just with answering questions and not bashing another person for misunderstanding certain things. I really like how Leentora downplayed the miscommunication with afrochannel and purplepeony. I like to see ppl lift others and show concern about what they are inquiring about, I've noticed that a lot of other forums have major debates and bash others for having opinions or not understanding certain things.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that!!!!

AutumnH
05-02-2012, 06:12 AM
I just started working out and eating better myself. It takes alot of discipline I will tell you that because I can hear chicken wings calling my name as we speak. I have a bottle of Biotin that has been sitting in my cabinet for about two months now that I have not taken yet. I keep seeing on here you need a certain amount of mg, then there are the breakouts

I've taken biotin and prenatal vitamins, and only noticed a change in my nails from both. The biotin made me pimples really bad, and I've never had a problem with my skin. So if you looking for something for hair, I think it's gonna take awhile with whatever you use to notice a difference.

Personally, I think when I was working out, drinking plenty of water, and eating right I noticed more of a difference in everything meaning Hair, skin, nails, mind, etc. Like you stated "discipline" is the key, but you will notice a change.

flaplicious
09-10-2012, 04:55 AM
With any new vitamin its always best to taper on them. When I started taking Profoll hair vitamins I started with half the dosage it says on the label for the first 2 weeks, then up it.
That way its easier on the stomach.

miZZPortah
09-11-2012, 02:55 AM
I have taken HairFinity and I have also taken GNC Hair, Skin and Nail vitamins. I took HairFinity off and on for two years and noticed some great results. I took the GNC for about 6 months and noticed results with that as well, but it seemed liked I got quicker results with the HairFinity, also HairFinity gave my new growth a different texture. Had I been taking the GNC for a longer period of time, I might have gotten the same results.

With Hairfinity, I noticed a difference in my hair first before my nails. With the GNC brand, I noticed a difference in my nails first before my hair.

Both brands contain Biotin so I never saw the need to take Biotin in addition to the vitamins or by itself.

HTH!

Veecoily
09-11-2012, 09:59 AM
All of these are really good and all of the mentions vitamins work.
The reason why some people do not yield results is because they take them incorrectly or they take a supplement just because they read that it works for others. First you need an ideal as to which vitamins you are low on within your own body. This requires a doctors visit. Which supplement will give you the best results depends on what your body is depleted of and also medications you are taking and your age. Also biotin should be taken within a multi vitamin not just solo, and it needs to be taken with vitamin C especially. In order to get the best results. So do not blindly jump on the bandwagon with these supplements learn a little something about what your individual body needs before deciding which one you will take.