View Full Version : Cholesterol Hair Conditioning

Cidney
08-23-2008, 10:51 PM
I have been experiencing dry and damaged hair lately. I use my staple line of Nexxus products (Therappe shampoo, Humectress moisturizing conditioner, and KerapHix protien conditioner) also clarifying shampoo. However, nothing would help.

This week, I went in Walgreen's and low-and-b-hold Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream was on sale buy on $2.99 and get the other free. Could not pass it. Never tried it but could not lose.

I get home to wash my hair...I used clarifying shampoo, rinsed, and put this hair conditioning cream for 1 hr under the conditioning cap and my hair is strong moisturized. I will add this product in my hair care. :D

CREODiiVA
08-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Im going To get This !
I swear ever since I joined BHP
My hair Bill Has went up lol
I Dont like you guys ..lol..J/K :D

jasnian0313
08-24-2008, 07:53 AM
i want to try that stuff too...

angel_hair
08-25-2008, 11:27 AM
I just started wrapping my hair after wearing tracks for years (was badly damaged now in better shape, but not great). I find that when I unwrap my hair it doesn't flow right like it did back in the days. I also have to bump it and that will do more damage. So I don't want to do that. Can someone explain to me as simple as possible how to wrao my hair around so that I don't have any lumps???

N/L, okay but not great like I want it. Texture is somewhere in the middle not thick but not thin....:(

Sunshyne
08-25-2008, 03:34 PM
QH was okay in my hair. Although the ingredients are not the best, it moisturized my hair.

Gregors3
08-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Silk Elements also makes a good cholesterol hair conditioner.

The Anti Hair Slave
08-26-2008, 08:31 AM
interesting I'll have to check the ingredients next time I see it, unless someone posts them (hint hint!)

Carolinagirl_22
09-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I added the Lustrasilk Hair Cholesterol with Placenta and Jojoba Oil into my regimine and it has added even more silkiness to my hair!! I can't believe it plus its in-expensive. Its really great you guys should really try it out. I've been rinsing my hair at night and applying this and putting it into a pony and its been doing wonders, plus it smells great!!

vidgrl007
09-04-2008, 03:19 PM
I absolutly adore cholesterol in my hair.I bag my hair for an hr hr in a half and rinse,my hair feels like silk:).

Vermelha
09-04-2008, 07:27 PM
It feels great! I've always sworn to this one thing for softer, more manageable hair.

Vermelha
09-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Silk Elements also makes a good cholesterol hair conditioner.

Oh, and i just used silk elements today.
I got a sample of their Hair Mask at Sally's for free.
I swear by it now! My hair felt soooo soft!!!!
If you like their cholesterol, you will love their mask!

k-butterflyy
09-04-2008, 10:23 PM
i love lustrasilk tea tree cholesterol. it's smells great and it leaves my hair super soft and silky. and u really can't go wrong for $3 for 20oz.

Sunshyne
09-04-2008, 10:33 PM
interesting I'll have to check the ingredients next time I see it, unless someone posts them (hint hint!)

INGREDIENTS: Water Aqua , Stearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Mineral Oil , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cholesterol , Lanolin , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance Parfum , Disodiium EDTA , FD&C Yellow No. 5 CI No. 19140 , FD&C Yellow No. 6 CI No. 15985 , FD&C Red No. 40 CI No. 16035 , D&C Red No. 33 CI No. 17200

Ashfast
09-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Yes this has been around for a long time and it does work! I miss it as a matter of fact, I think Im gonna pick some up this weekend lol

Vermelha
09-05-2008, 05:45 PM
INGREDIENTS: Water Aqua , Stearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Mineral Oil , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Cholesterol , Lanolin , Propylene Glycol , Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Fragrance Parfum , Disodiium EDTA , FD&C Yellow No. 5 CI No. 19140 , FD&C Yellow No. 6 CI No. 15985 , FD&C Red No. 40 CI No. 16035 , D&C Red No. 33 CI No. 17200

Why would Cholesterol need SLS in it? It's not shampoo.

I guess you can co-wash with it then.

But honestly, those ingredients, especially the colors that begin with FD&C and D&C, Parabens, and Diazolidinyl Urea are not very good to use, on the real. I know parabens are hard to avoid but the beware of the colors.

mya_wannabe
09-05-2008, 06:53 PM
i use lustrasilk shea butter with mango and it is the bomb! it brings my hair back to life!

Sunshyne
09-05-2008, 09:16 PM
i use lustrasilk shea butter with mango and it is the bomb! it brings my hair back to life!

I have this at home..Im gonna try it out

Carolinagirl_22
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM

But honestly, those ingredients, especially the colors that begin with FD&C and D&C, Parabens, and Diazolidinyl Urea are not very good to use, on the real. I know parabens are hard to avoid but the beware of the colors.

oh my everytime I think I'm learning something...back to the beginning I go. There are soo many things I have to avoid. I thought I was doing better on reading ingrdients:confused:

Pharoahs_Angel
09-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Hello All! I use the LustraSilk version. It has Shea Butter & It smells like carrots. It works really well in my hair.

Cidney
09-09-2008, 12:15 PM
I have been using Cholesterol for my co-wash and so far it is great!

Sunshyne
09-09-2008, 01:18 PM
cholesterol for co-washes? wow that different.

Dividir
09-10-2008, 01:48 AM
hmmm, what does the cholesterol do for your hair?

I use the ORS mayonaise, and Im thinking, should I try and change? After all you never know how good / bad something is until you have something else to compare it to, (although I hate alot of other conditioners in comparison to my ors, and I know some people feel the opposite)

fancy_chich
09-10-2008, 05:21 PM
you really have to leave it on your hair under the dryer for one whole hour? never heard about it, but hey if it works it works

darkwoman
09-11-2008, 12:00 PM
I use to use it in my hair but go my hair too soft. My hair started to break then i started using doctor micracle did wonders. After a few years my hair is breaking again. I think i might have to go back to using Cholesterol because my hair is so dry and itchy. It needs moisture.

UniqueDiva
09-17-2008, 09:00 AM
I love the Cholesterol, it has made my hair stronger and repaired some damage. Im going to try using it for co-washing and see what happens.

vidgrl007
09-17-2008, 09:44 AM
I got the teatree lustrasilk i think and it made my hair and scalp feel so good.

angel_hair
09-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Queene Helene is good!!!!

Dividir
09-17-2008, 01:29 PM

I use the ORS mayonaise, and Im thinking, should I try and change? After all you never know how good / bad something is until you have something else to compare it to, (although I hate alot of other conditioners in comparison to my ors, and I know some people feel the opposite)

anyone????

vidgrl007
09-18-2008, 10:16 AM

cholesterol helps with heat damage. its really good for say if you have over processed your hair.its really good for your scalp.I use it for my co washes. I typically shampoo every other day.On my no shampoo days I cholesterol and baggie for an hr then rinse when I jump in the shower.

Dividir
09-18-2008, 01:15 PM
cholesterol helps with heat damage. its really good for say if you have over processed your hair.its really good for your scalp.I use it for my co washes. I typically shampoo every other day.On my no shampoo days I cholesterol and baggie for an hr then rinse when I jump in the shower.

Ooo, in that case I might start using a cholestorol conditioner, after my normal co-wash.

LilMissRed
09-18-2008, 01:48 PM
I found some of this in my closet that I'd forgotten about, I'm putting it back in rotation

Carolinagirl_22
09-19-2008, 08:57 AM
yea its good stuff! I think I OD on it lol!

nicdel85
09-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Oh yeah Cholesterol is a must for me after every relaxer...I mix it with some porosity corrector and olive/coconut oil, and i leave it on for about an hour with a heating cap. Since I have been doing this i have experienced virtually no hair breakage:D.

ArronLR
10-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I use the cholesterol product to deep condition my hair and I swear by it! I usually put it on after washing and conditioning my hair. I'll apply a generous amount and then sit under a dryer for about a half hour. It has been the best thing for my hair and I love the price - you can't beat it. I highly recommend that anyone with dry or brittle hair give this product a try.

Ladycc
10-03-2008, 11:33 AM

Ditto. Mix in some almond oil and make it fabulous.

Brownsugar
10-03-2008, 08:57 PM

Hey Sunshyne,
I checked out your Blog. VERY NICE and your hair is absolutely gorgeous and so healthy. You've got to be very proud of your success. I see both of us frequent Ms. Howse's site. Do you have her hair book? I actually purchased it a couple of years ago. Thanks f/all of hair tips & concoctions.

lalehg
10-19-2008, 01:16 PM
wow i was always curious about this product. But you guys got me interested...

HR Highness
10-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Silke Elements Cholesterol>LeKair Cholesterol Plus>Queen Helene :D

urbanmystic6
10-20-2008, 05:08 PM
I bought some Queen Helene Olive Oil Cholesterol and mixed it with olive oil and did a dc for an hour. My hair felt like silk and it didn't cost me an arm and leg.

Vermelha
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Oh yeah Cholesterol is a must for me after every relaxer...I mix it with some porosity corrector and olive/coconut oil, and i leave it on for about an hour with a heating cap. Since I have been doing this i have experienced virtually no hair breakage:D.

How do you use the porosity corrector? I saw it at Sally's and wanted to know more about it.

Vermelha
10-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Yes.
I got back into Cholesterol. Just the plain stuff this time. I love the way my hair feels after detangling. I've mixed mine with Honey and Olive Oil and had very shiny hair. It felt extra nice.

Lita
11-21-2008, 04:22 PM
I Like Lustrasilk Cholesterol & Aloe Vera.Works Well. You Can Add Honey,SAA & Olive Oil For Extra Extra Conditioning.Your Hair Will Detangle With Ease.
HAPPY HAIR GROWING!

angel_hair
11-24-2008, 01:01 PM
I have been experiencing dry and damaged hair lately. I use my staple line of Nexxus products (Therappe shampoo, Humectress moisturizing conditioner, and KerapHix protien conditioner) also clarifying shampoo. However, nothing would help.

This week, I went in Walgreen's and low-and-b-hold Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream was on sale buy on $2.99 and get the other free. Could not pass it. Never tried it but could not lose.

I get home to wash my hair...I used clarifying shampoo, rinsed, and put this hair conditioning cream for 1 hr under the conditioning cap and my hair is strong moisturized. I will add this product in my hair care. :D

I can co-sign on this one. It's wonderful. Alternate btwn Cholesterol and ORS Mayo.

Dividir
11-24-2008, 04:00 PM
I dont know if everyone is going to think I am crazy, but I have used a cholesterol twice now.... I DONT LIKE it. I have used much better products. I will keep trying it until it runs out, maybe I leave it on too long, but it leaves my hair very dry!

munchy
11-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Yes.
I got back into Cholesterol. Just the plain stuff this time. I love the way my hair feels after detangling. I've mixed mine with Honey and Olive Oil and had very shiny hair. It felt extra nice.

I bought some molasses, so that my hair can stay dark, but I think that I'm going to borrow your mix.:)

leentora
11-25-2008, 08:54 AM
I bought some molasses, so that my hair can stay dark, but I think that I'm going to borrow your mix.:)

Just a note if you use the honey consistently you will have a blonish color sooner or later, but honey does softens the hair when use to rine the hair or mix in with your conditoner!

munchy
11-25-2008, 09:00 AM
Just a note if you use the honey consistently you will have a blonish color sooner or later, but honey does softens the hair when use to rine the hair or mix in with your conditoner!

I dye my hair Jet Black, that's why I would mix molasses instead of honey, so the honey would definitely not work for me! I didn't know that the honey would make it turn blondish after a while, I though that it would just probably give you a light look in the sun, WOW!

leentora
11-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I dye my hair Jet Black, that's why I would mix molasses instead of honey, so the honey would definitely not work for me! I didn't know that the honey would make it turn blondish after a while, I though that it would just probably give you a light look in the sun, WOW!

Sorry not necessarily blond but more of tone, I may not made it clear but your jet bacl hair will not be jet black with consist use, it will have a highlight blond color not brown but similar to the color of honey or more like Ladycc hair color in her avi, which I am loving or similar to the highlights i have in my hair in my album.

Hope I make sense, I only mentioned it as you stated that you are using molasses and most ppl when using molasses are aiming for a dark hair so I thought i would let you know what I found out about using honey, but it may well make it a hint, hey if you don't mind experimenting and lime/lemon does the same as honey too!

LilMissRed
11-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes.

Hey V- honey and olive oil mixed in the cholesterol?? tell me what that does please and thanks and how long are u leaving this in?? under a dryer? air dry?

FreeSpirit2219
11-25-2008, 03:20 PM
I Like Lustrasilk Cholesterol & Aloe Vera.Works Well. You Can Add Honey,SAA & Olive Oil For Extra Extra Conditioning.Your Hair Will Detangle With Ease.
HAPPY HAIR GROWING!
I like this one too. My hair hasn't been the same without it. Since I moved, it's not easy to find in my area so I'm going to be ordering it soon.

sexiicurlz
11-26-2008, 11:38 PM
its really good

Raven QT
11-27-2008, 05:27 AM
Haven't tried the Queen Helene in a looooong time but, I guess I will give it another shot. My hair needs something to strengthen and moisturize it. 4a /b

wstephanie
11-27-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm loving the Queen Helene cholesterol. I bought the Dark and Lovely cholesterol on sale. I will try after i finish the reminder of my Queen Helene.

FreeSpirit2219
11-27-2008, 12:56 PM
its really good

For me it is, however I know that different things work for different people so you'd probably have to try it and see for yourself.

Mahalialee4
11-28-2008, 12:40 AM
For Me, it is LeKair Cholesterol...It does what no other cholesterol can for my hair. I have been a LeKair fan for a few years and it never lets me down. I use it for dry hair conditioning and a conditioner wash all in one. I leave it on my dry hair, I part it into sections and apply, cover with a plastic bag no heat for an hour or more, sometimes 2-3 if I am busy working around the house, and then rinse out. My hair feels so lush and strong and thick afterwards. Then I apply my coconut oil, and then my hair becomes very supple and manageable.

leentora
12-01-2008, 06:37 AM
They have then super version now and I order me the 2lb pump tub foor about $4.50 :D

wstephanie
12-01-2008, 08:55 PM
I like the Queen Helene cholesterol but i love the Dark and Lovely with panthenol better. I will be trying the Lekair or the Silk Elements next.

bwell2u
12-02-2008, 06:39 AM
Cholesterol definitely helps with moisture. QH works well, but latley I've been using Lustrasilk herbal cholesterol enriched with carrot oil and Hollywood Beauty carrot cholesterol. There's a Sally Beauty Supply here, but I have better luck finding hair care products that work for me at Walgreens.

angel_hair
12-02-2008, 02:31 PM
anyone????

I use ORS mayo as well. That's my faithful one. I just switch from Queen Helene and went to ORS Mayo since I joined BHP.

HR Highness
12-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Silk Elements Cholesterol is the bestest, but it's a bit on the expensive side for a cholesterol. It's 3.49 with a Sally card, but it's worth it. They need to put it on sale soon, I only have like 2 jars left. I'm gettin nervous. :(

vidgrl007
12-06-2008, 01:41 PM
I did a cholesterol and honey mixture.My hair feels yummy:).

tropical-punch
12-07-2008, 01:22 PM
I just started using LeKair sealed with EVOO. I've heard really good reviews about it. I forgot the plastic cap when I went under the dryer though :( My hair was really smooth when I washed it out. And to think it was only 1.93 at Wal-Mart.

Bodybutter
12-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Queen Helene is a good cholesterol product, inexpensive and never fails for a quickie treatment.

rbrown57
12-12-2008, 08:18 AM
what is the absolute best kind of cholesterol to use on you hair. one that gives supurb mosture and phenominal protein... I'm starting my new years resolution early, and that is to get my hair into healthy shape. so i am researching the best of the best. start date dec 15th or 17th...lol

lexelle
12-12-2008, 02:06 PM

ORS has changed the forumla of the Hair mayonaise and they've taken out some of the good stuff, so check out the label before buying it.

In the past I used Lustrasilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol as a deep conditioner. At first I liked it, but it started to leave my hair feeeling coated when I rinsed it out so I stopped using it. I still have 1/4 of the jar left.

I'm thinking about trying the Silk Elements Mayonaise the next time Sally's has it on sale. Does it strengthen and moisturize?

wstephanie
12-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Absolutely love the dark and lovely with panthenol. Next i will try the silk elements cholesterol i heard it is the best of the best.

Vermelha
12-17-2008, 06:40 PM
I did a cholesterol and honey mixture.My hair feels yummy:).

I've done this before! Great stuff!

FreeSpirit2219
01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Okay everyone. I have a pretty dumb question...at least I feel dumb asking but is Cholesterol the same a a protein treatment? I just bought three jars for $1.00 each.
Thanks

vidgrl007
01-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I've done this before! Great stuff!

some ppl say that honey makes there hair hard it seems to be the one thing that my hair absolutly loves.

Lilshortnsassy
01-09-2009, 10:33 PM
some ppl say that honey makes there hair hard it seems to be the one thing that my hair absolutly loves.

How much honey do you use, I have 2 bottles I brought when I was sick a few weeks back and this would be a perfect use for them:p

mssnu
01-09-2009, 10:53 PM
bump bump!:)

mssnu
01-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Honey and coconut oil are my favorites for deep conditioning.

evanny
01-09-2009, 11:03 PM
you really have to leave it on your hair under the dryer for one whole hour? never heard about it, but hey if it works it works

I use the Lakair Plus Cholesterol and it says to put it in the hair, leave on for 2 minutes, rinse, then repeat the process. It makes my hair sooooo soft and strong at the same time. I love it!! I've used the silk Elements one too, but I adore the LeKair.

mssnu
01-09-2009, 11:12 PM
I just put cholesterol conditioner on my list of product wants!

Lilshortnsassy
01-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Honey and coconut oil are my favorites for deep conditioning.

How do you use the honey as a D/C :confused;

evanny
01-09-2009, 11:25 PM
How do you use the honey as a D/C :confused;

I believe you just mix them together. Some ladies add a conditioner as well to the mix.

mssnu
01-10-2009, 10:03 PM
You talked it up so I bought a jar today for use tomorrow. $3 for 20 oz. I'll let you know how it goes!

I added the Lustrasilk Hair Cholesterol with Placenta and Jojoba Oil into my regimine and it has added even more silkiness to my hair!! I can't believe it plus its in-expensive. Its really great you guys should really try it out. I've been rinsing my hair at night and applying this and putting it into a pony and its been doing wonders, plus it smells great!!

aliezaria
01-20-2009, 08:02 PM
what is consider a deep conditioning?

sqzbly1908
01-31-2009, 11:13 AM
I like to use it as pre poo - Lustrasilk Mango Shea

1me
05-05-2009, 03:43 PM
im going to start using it when I take my braids down in 2 weeks. Which one should I try though?

virtuouswoman
05-05-2009, 05:37 PM
im going to start using it when I take my braids down in 2 weeks. Which one should I try though?

I think the silk elements one is really good. i use it and it leaves my hair feeling good and it smells like a honey bun. :p made me hungry....

Jayda
05-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Try the Olive oil, or Aloe Vera Cholesterol by Lustrasilk. If you need more protein try the carrot. They work great and, cost less then $3.00.

brittbritt
05-19-2009, 07:58 PM
I've used lustrasilk? I think that's how you spell it. I like it. I use it as a deep conditioner. Recently I've been using pantene relaxed and natural. They both work wonderfully. your hair feels like budda =)

Ms Coco
05-20-2009, 04:59 AM
I have the silk elements cholesterol and it is amazing i can't live without it.

lele35
06-06-2009, 10:56 PM
How often can I use the cholesterol treatment?

candygirl4life
06-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Thanks ... Another great conditioner in the avocado conditioner.. you can look it up on youtube.

Ms Coco
06-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I use my cholesterol every week.

evanny
06-07-2009, 11:24 PM
I tried the Silk elements cholesterol and it didn't do much for my hair. It was also the time that I needed to chelate my hair from all of the build up I had and I didn't know it. Now that I've chelated, hopefully it'll work better for me. A lot of the products that weren't that great for me have worked better now that I've chelated my hair. I need to go and repurchase the silk elements cholesterol. I gave it away.

R2D2
06-13-2009, 04:38 AM
I've still got a couple of tubs of Lekair Cholestorol to use up so this thread has reminded me to blow the dust off them. I always thought it was protein though? Is it for moisture or protein?

evanny
06-13-2009, 10:25 AM
I've still got a couple of tubs of Lekair Cholestorol to use up so this thread has reminded me to blow the dust off them. I always thought it was protein though? Is it for moisture or protein?

The protein is further down in the ingredients list so by looking at that it should be more moisturizing, but when I use it, I can tell it contains protein. I use it as a light protein conditioner. If I use it, I make sure it's only once a week.

Halibel
06-21-2009, 03:47 AM
I am so happy that you had success in using Queen Helene's cholesterol conditioner.....my hair laughed at it.

....It was a FAIL for me. :(

JusMarie
06-30-2009, 02:15 PM
There's this mango shea butter choloestorol conditioner that I got at Sallys (i dont remember the brand) and I use it when I co-wash, it smells great and makes my hair feel moisturized like no other. I also use the aloe vera super detangling cholestoral conditioner and idk what about it makes it detangle, but it really does detangle like no other. They were both pretty cheap, so I think it's a great buy.

evanny
06-30-2009, 05:13 PM
There's this mango shea butter choloestorol conditioner that I got at Sallys (i dont remember the brand) and I use it when I co-wash, it smells great and makes my hair feel moisturized like no other. I also use the aloe vera super detangling cholestoral conditioner and idk what about it makes it detangle, but it really does detangle like no other. They were both pretty cheap, so I think it's a great buy.

IDK why but my hair hates those. :( They're made by Lustrasilk. I think there's something wrong with my hair b/c everyone else's hair loves Lustrasilk.

Tall, Black Canadian
06-30-2009, 07:43 PM
My hair doesn't really make a big change with cholesteral treatments. Hair masques and dc treatments do a muchbetter job for me overall.

What is cholesteral supposed to do anyway?

dimples
06-30-2009, 08:00 PM
I remember this and it's old school. The old school products seem to still be the best.

Hairballdiva
08-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Will try....how often?

Eelite
09-06-2012, 12:58 PM
I'll just stick to Silicon Mix Bamboo Treatment. It really moisturizes the hair and helps with hair growth.