View Full Version : Is there a Difference in Tea Tree Oil??

NaTuRaLe_BeAuTe`
10-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Yesterday I purchased a bottle of Tea Tree Oil after researching and finding out that it helps with itchy dry scalp. Obviously I didn't do my homework well enough. After my purchase (I purchased the Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree Oil) I realized that there is a difference between Regular Tea Tree Oil and Tea Tree Oil (Essential Oil) Now I know why it was so cheap! The ingredients in this oil are:
Soybean Oil (Glycine Soja) , Tea Tree Leaf Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia) , Safflower Seed Oil (Carthamus Tinctorius) , Rose Hips Fruit Oil (Rosa Canina) , Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) , Peanut Oil (Arachis Hypogaea) , BHT , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate) , Sunflower Seed Oil (Helianthus Annuus) , Chamomilla Extract (Recutita Matricaria) , Arnica Montana Flower Extract , Rosemary Leaf Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis) , Sage Leaf Extract (Salvia Officinalis) , Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract , Burdock Root Extract (Arctium Minus) , Lemon Peel Extract (Citrus Medica Limonum) , Ivy Extract (Hedera Helix) , Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract , Indian Cress Extract (Tropaeolum Majus) , White Nettle Flower Extract (Lamium Album) , Isopropyl Myristate , Fragrance , Phenoxyethanol , Methyl Paraben , Isopropylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Butylparaben , D&C Yellow #11 (CI 47000)

My question is will this work just as good as the Tea Tree Oil essential oil for my itchy scalp I guess this is just another trial and error on my Natural Hair Journey.:rolleyes:

I notice people diluting it and adding it to shampoo etc. What is the best way to use Tea Tree Oil for my extremely Itchy Scalp?

LadyDee23
10-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Tea Tree Essential Oil Is the best because there are no added Ingredients! You can mix It with a Carrier Oil of your choice, for example Castor Oil and apply It to your scalp!

denalove
10-20-2011, 07:21 PM
When I've used Tea Tree Oil, I applied directly to the dry area, which wasn't a scalp, but rather a dry patch on my skin.
I've never really paid much attention to the different types, but mine was 100% Tea Tree Oil.
Essential Oils...
The term 'essential oil' is most often used to describe the oils captured via water or steam distillation. Depending on the oil being cultivated, essential oils are extracted from the seeds, roots, leaves, flowers, bark, branches or whole plant via these methods. The oils produced from citrus fruits are considered essences and are produced from cold pressing the rinds, and those formed via solvent extraction (jasmine, rose, vanilla) are named absolutes. A new form of extraction uses the gas, CO2 (carbon dioxide), to obtain the essence. In fact, it is believed to actually capture the truest representation of the essence without traces of the solvent.

Dividir
10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Essential oil is going to be more concentrated, so you might need to dilute it before use.

If you haven't used the product you can try returning it, and buying the EO. Or you could just use the product up, see if it works for you, if not move on to the EO

m3ka
10-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Is Fantasia Tea Tree Naturals considered an essential oil? Also can you actually use this on your scalp?

denalove
10-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Is Fantasia Tea Tree Naturals considered an essential oil? Also can you actually use this on your scalp?

I highly doubt it, I don't know of Fantasia making any 100 percent natural anything.
Read the ingredients to see exactly what they are..if it says 100percent tea tree, you're in business.
I am certain you can use the Fantasia on your scalp, but again read the label to see if it suggests it.:) HTH