View Full Version : Can I Go From Relaxer to Tex Lax w/o BIG CHOP

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-22-2011, 09:35 AM
Maybe this question has been asked before...

But can I go from my hair being relaxed to tex lax without having to cut all my hair off and start over from scrath???

I went from texturizer to relaxing without a problem I started out with about three inces of hair and decided to just relax my hair instead of texturizing it didn't get breakage either...

I've been hearing so many conflicting reports just wanted to know if anyone on here has done it successfully...

Saunta2
08-22-2011, 10:05 AM
I've never done it but to the best of my knowledge it can be done. All you you would have to do is texlax the new growth each time you do a touch and do nothing to the relaxed ends. But the ends are always going to be relaxed regardless so you will eventually have to trim gradually if you don't want to BC. It is easier to go from texlax to relax than from relax to texlax. Also you are going to have the line of demarcation just like from a chemical to natural because you will be dealing with two different textures.

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-22-2011, 10:59 AM
still trying to think it through just want thicker hair that a relaxer offers and also not so much harshness from the lye...

leentora
08-22-2011, 11:18 AM
I've never done it but to the best of my knowledge it can be done. All you you would have to do is texlax the new growth each time you do a touch and do nothing to the relaxed ends. But the ends are always going to be relaxed regardless so you will eventually have to trim gradually if you don't want to BC. It is easier to go from texlax to relax than from relax to texlax. Also you are going to have the line of demarcation just like from a chemical to natural because you will be dealing with two different textures.

Exactly!

You basically transitioning from one to the other and they will be some care required where both texture meets.
So yes it can be done, but it will require some attention and work in order to keep both texture happy. You will notice there is a difference in how each texture respond to certain products etc
Just put the work in and you should see some great results, I would texlaxed if I was going back to chemicals, it nicer and it gives you a little more versatility with your hair.

Iwanthealthyhair67
08-22-2011, 11:51 AM
not sure if I'm ready for all that ...

hanna_light
08-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Sometimes I think about texlaxing because it would like have the best of both worlds but I agree with everything the other posters said in that you will have two textures to deal with.

leentora
08-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Sometimes I think about texlaxing because it would like have the best of both worlds but I agree with everything the other posters said in that you will have two textures to deal with.

Natural is the best of both worlds :p, you do not need texlaxer. Your hair is gorgeous!