View Full Version : Has anyone used coconut milk for hair growth/strength?

mskyra
05-25-2011, 10:36 AM
I saw this info and wanted to know if anyone used coconut milk for stopping hair loss or using it to strengthen their hair?

Natural uses for stopping/halting hair loss:

Rosemary and Sage – Since many centuries, people of Mediterranean region of Europe are using these plants for hair-related problems. It helps accelerate the hair follicles as well as conditions the scalp if both used together. You can create the desired solution by boiling sage and rosemary together in equal amount. It can be only used as shampoo.

Castor Oil – Taking this oil internally can promote the growth of hair and reduce hair loss problem. You can take it as a medicine because its taste is not so good.

Coconut Milk – This is age-old treatment to enhance hair growth and lessen hair loss. Rub this milk in your hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Then wash your hair with mild warm water.

Saw Palmetto – Native Americans using this herbal supplement to rectify urinary problems since many decades. But studies have shown that it can very effectively stop hair loss and improve hair growth.

I saw the coconut milk recently being talked about online and want to try it out.

Saunta2
05-25-2011, 11:02 AM
I don't know about growth and strength, I know about soft, smooth lovely hair. I love coconut milk in my hair.

mskyra
05-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks Saunta. Do you just use coconut milk out of the can? That is what I see in the grocery stores.

naomimaxine927
05-25-2011, 05:44 PM
I have, I use Goya kind from the can, I mix it in with some conditioner and oils for my Coconut leave in, I love it. Beautiful Kinks: Super Moisturizing 'Homemade' Coconut Leave In Conditioner
(http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/2010/08/super-moisturizing-homemade-coconut.html)

Saunta2
05-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks Saunta. Do you just use coconut milk out of the can? That is what I see in the grocery stores.

Yea, I use Thai Premium, it is very nice and extremely think and doesn't have additives in it, because of that I have to freeze unused portions instead of just keeping it in the fridge but it's my absolute favourite. I use the one in the pic below. All it has in is coconut milk, water and guar gum.

Thai Kitchen Pure Coconut Milk, 13.66-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

KeshaSharee
05-25-2011, 06:50 PM
^^^I used the kind above for a DC and added to much so my mixture was too runny. My hair was soft as well not sure about strength since I only used it once. Never thought about using it as a leave-in. Might have to try that.

naomimaxine927
05-25-2011, 07:21 PM
^^^I used the kind above for a DC and added to much so my mixture was too runny. My hair was soft as well not sure about strength since I only used it once. Never thought about using it as a leave-in. Might have to try that.

I hear coconut cream works a bit better for dc's. I have no clue where you would buy that though.

Mrs.Harrington
05-26-2011, 07:54 AM
I love coconut milk as a prepoo while stretching. Keeps the NG in check.

mskyra
05-26-2011, 09:59 AM
I have, I use Goya kind from the can, I mix it in with some conditioner and oils for my Coconut leave in, I love it. Beautiful Kinks: Super Moisturizing 'Homemade' Coconut Leave In Conditioner
(http://beautifulkinks.blogspot.com/2010/08/super-moisturizing-homemade-coconut.html)

Thank you so much Naomimaxine! I am going to try this out this weekend. I love coconut period...I currently have the EVCO from Nutiva and it's excellent for cooking, skin, and hair, so I wanted to try out the milk as well. I will let you guys know the results.:)

jannkahon
05-26-2011, 08:46 PM
I saw my sister uses a coconut oil for her hair. She said that its good to grow hair easily.

naomimaxine927
05-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Thank you so much Naomimaxine! I am going to try this out this weekend. I love coconut period...I currently have the EVCO from Nutiva and it's excellent for cooking, skin, and hair, so I wanted to try out the milk as well. I will let you guys know the results.:)

Your welcome, hope it works out for you! I don't use mine often, maybe 1-2x a week, since it's got a bit of protein in it.

I'm using Nutiva now too, I like it much better. :)

Halibel
05-27-2011, 03:13 PM
I use coconut milk in my DCs....but I rarely pay attention to the results because I never knew the exact benefits, just that it was good for the hair, lol

I will look into it more now.

KML8030
07-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Your post was very informative. I haven't heard of coconut milk...but I have read many natural-gals using EVCO or EVOO. What about you?

PurplePeony
01-13-2012, 07:41 AM
I saw this info and wanted to know if anyone used coconut milk for stopping hair loss or using it to strengthen their hair?

Natural uses for stopping/halting hair loss:

Rosemary and Sage Since many centuries, people of Mediterranean region of Europe are using these plants for hair-related problems. It helps accelerate the hair follicles as well as conditions the scalp if both used together. You can create the desired solution by boiling sage and rosemary together in equal amount. It can be only used as shampoo.

Castor Oil Taking this oil internally can promote the growth of hair and reduce hair loss problem. You can take it as a medicine because its taste is not so good.

Coconut Milk This is age-old treatment to enhance hair growth and lessen hair loss. Rub this milk in your hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Then wash your hair with mild warm water.

Saw Palmetto Native Americans using this herbal supplement to rectify urinary problems since many decades. But studies have shown that it can very effectively stop hair loss and improve hair growth.

I saw the coconut milk recently being talked about online and want to try it out.

I need to try cocconut milk

Missey
01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
I use thr Goya coconut milk in my conditioner. I know I started using it and other products for reasons, but after so long, the reasons escape me. If it's not having a negative affect, I just keep using them.