View Full Version : Products You Will NEVER Buy Again!!

leentora
08-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Have you ever bought a product thinking it's really great and when you use it it's left your hair too dry, greasy, tangled, or a hot mess?? :mad:

I think it would be helpful for all of us (especially some of us who are product junkies) to write a review on a product that we absolutely hate :mad:, so others can have fair warning!

So ladies, what products would you NEVER purchase again?

Oh yea I will edit later as I have my list at home, when I get in I will update :D

The Anti Hair Slave
08-18-2008, 03:22 PM
Pink lotion

CREODiiVA
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Pink lotion

Please Say that Again:mad: ..Lets start A I Hate

PINK LOTION

Thread !!!!!!!!!!

CREODiiVA
08-18-2008, 04:06 PM
ALSO THE PINK OIL SPRAY ..Forgot the Name ..Yall know what Im talking about..The main ingredient Is mineral Oil..You spray it on your hair ..It shines for 30 minutes and after Leaves your hair DRY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Never Again Will I use That One !!!!

Also DOO-GR0 Grease :mad: ..Whoever Made That Needs To be slapped
.............Twice

Pebbles
08-18-2008, 05:32 PM
The old fashion hair grease....none of them.

Ashfast
08-18-2008, 05:50 PM
I agree with the pink lotion

leentora
08-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Ok but I like Pink Lotion, I use it on my hair when my hair is wet I use it to set my hair that is the only time I use it, it works better that way :)

CREODiiVA
08-19-2008, 03:57 AM
The old fashion hair grease....none of them.

Haha..The kind our grandmothers use :confused:

Dividir
08-19-2008, 01:54 PM
yup.. pink lotion... and I will never use (straight up) vaseline on my hair... unless I'm doing a relaxer!

CREODiiVA
08-19-2008, 03:56 PM
yup.. pink lotion... and I will never use (straight up) vaseline on my hair... unless I'm doing a relaxer!

lol...I know this girl who uts vaseline on her hair as grease..Thats the only Mosturizer She uses lmao..

Dividir
08-20-2008, 12:02 AM
lol...I know this girl who uts vaseline on her hair as grease..Thats the only Mosturizer She uses lmao..

lol, does she have hair? like loong hair I mean.

But really vaseline (well petroleum jelly) is the main ingredient in most hair grease

CREODiiVA
08-20-2008, 10:55 AM
lol, does she have hair? like loong hair I mean.

But really vaseline (well petroleum jelly) is the main ingredient in most hair grease

It used to be but Itr broke Off alot

Vermelha
09-04-2008, 07:33 PM
OMG, why didn't I see this thread????

PINK LOTION!!!!!

and umm..... what else......

oh yeah, HAIR SPRITZ, and OIL SHEEN, and HAIR GREASE, and HOT SIX OIL, and MOUSSE (but only when it's a special special occasion)

denalove
09-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Of course the pink lotion sucks, and I'lll never even come within 50 feet of spritz again, and never again black gels

k-butterflyy
09-04-2008, 10:06 PM
I will never buy ORS products again. I bought just about the entire line thinking that it was the best thing ever b/c of all of the great reviews. I must be the only person that doesn't like the product, or my hair doesn't like it for that matter. It all smells great and it makes my hair really super soft, but day 2 comes around and I have an itchy, irriated, and dry scalp, and flakes! I never have flakes. Another product that I used way back in the day was African Royale Mink Oil Creme. It smells really good, but it also left my hair very dry, hard, stiff, and heavy.

CREODiiVA
09-05-2008, 08:36 PM
I Still Use the Black gel lol ..Only alittle I dont over do it Like I use to ...But Only on my Edges and I wash it out after so I Been straight

Sunshyne
09-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Nexxus Humectress!!!

Talisa
09-06-2008, 10:30 AM
anything and everything DR Miracles
any hair grease

Vermelha
09-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Nexxus Humectress!!!

What did this do to your hair? I wanted to try this!!!

But see, you have pretty hair so if you wont use it, I wont. lol.

Dividir
09-06-2008, 12:05 PM
anything dr miracles... in my honest opinion waste of my money.

never seemed to work... if i want the tingling feeling ima just mix peppermint oil into my vatika or something

Barbara
09-11-2008, 01:48 PM
I agree with the pink lotion

Yes, that Lusters Pink Oil Lotion was like brillo pad on my hair. Fortunately, I tested it on the front section (ends) only a few days after I came from the salon. My hair was hard as steel wool. I even set some aside and doctored it up, since I had a big bottle--which I bought on sale. I thought I would have to cut this section off. Fortunately, I had to press it and apply an oil blend to get it soft and supple again. Then I ended up giving it away, but for some people it works nice.

The crazy thing about it is that my stylist uses it on my hair from time to time, and I just discovered this out last week. He said: "It works good on your hair." I said: "Yes when you press it after you apply it with an oil blend."

2Bossay
10-08-2008, 10:56 PM
palmerz coconut oil hair milk...palmerz olive oil hair milk...edenz body workz hair milk...smh...i thought these milkz would moisturize my hair but 2 no avail...i will neva, eva, eva repurchase these dam thingz again!!...

denalove
10-10-2008, 10:07 AM
palmerz coconut oil hair milk...palmerz olive oil hair milk...edenz body workz hair milk...smh...i thought these milkz would moisturize my hair but 2 no avail...i will neva, eva, eva repurchase these dam thingz again!!...

ITA....i hate this stuff, i think it made my dd's hair and mine dryer!:eek:

jade
10-10-2008, 10:39 AM
doo gro triple strenth hair growth lotion; left my hair greasy and flat, i started using it 24hrs after my hair was relaxed i had to relax my hair again 3wks later. This product should come with a warning! Probably would work better for ppl who r bald!

leentora
10-10-2008, 10:44 AM
doo gro triple strenth hair growth lotion; left my hair greasy and flat, i started using it 24hrs after my hair was relaxed i had to relax my hair again 3wks later. This product should come with a warning! Probably would work better for ppl who r bald!

Mmmm that sound good though use it lightly and get loads of growth :D I may look into that actually!

DanceKendra
10-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Pink lotion, Doo Groo, Hair Grease, Spritz, Brown Gel, Black beeswax (horrid), regular gel, mousse, and vo5 shampoos. My hair does not agree!

Pharoahs_Angel
10-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Pink lotion, Doo Groo, Hair Grease, Spritz, Brown Gel, Black beeswax (horrid), regular gel, mousse, and vo5 shampoos. My hair does not agree!

Wait a minute now...I'm about to turn into CreoDiiva right now...lol

No talking about the vo5...I love me some v05.

Got me over here thinking about tying you up with some weave and putting black beeswax & spritz on ya:eek:...rotflmao

leentora
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Wait a minute now...I'm about to turn into CreoDiiva right now...lol

No talking about the vo5...I love me some v05.

Got me over here thinking about tying you up with some weave and putting black beeswax & spritz on ya:eek:...rotflmao

:eek: :D roflmao you ladies are crazy!

jade
10-13-2008, 10:55 AM
lol that is funny! VO5 products are suckish made my hair feel like cobweb!

kara
11-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Redken products suck for me!

Caribbean Gyal
11-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I HATE the Mane n' Tail hair barrier sprits !
That thing litterally hurts my head! It gives me massive head-aches ! :mad:

Vermelha
11-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I don't know. I think I have a list now:

1. Hair grease (makes my head hot and sticky
2. Shampoo (makes my hair dry and stiff)
3. Pink Lotion (no real reason why I EVER needed this in my collection)
4. Redken (It's a really dumb line)
5. Color Rinses (nothing bad, just ran off on my clothes when it rained)

munchy
11-06-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't know. I think I have a list now:

1. Hair grease (makes my head hot and sticky
2. Shampoo (makes my hair dry and stiff)
3. Pink Lotion (no real reason why I EVER needed this in my collection)
4. Redken (It's a really dumb line)
5. Color Rinses (nothing bad, just ran off on my clothes when it rained)

So all you do is co-wash?

munchy
11-06-2008, 11:25 AM
I would have to say Dr. Miracles Shampoo and Leave-IN conditioner. I like the tingly feeling , but it didn't do sh** to my hair.

Not Never in the History of niggadum, will I use that stuff. LOL :)

evanny
11-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Just for Me "moisturizing" lotion. My hair was a greasy thinned out messed. I had fly away hair that couldn't be tamed on that trash.

Vermelha
11-07-2008, 12:53 PM
So all you do is co-wash?

Close. I wash with castile soap every other day and I co-wash and put hemp seed butter on wet hair and wear my hair in updos and clips. No styling, no brushes, nothing. :p

HR Highness
11-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Who in here talkin smack about my beloved Humectress?! http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/yourleoqueen/brucelee.gif

Nexxus Humectin Conditioner (I cannot believe they replaced Humectress with this hot garbage http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d115/yourleoqueen/rant.gif)
Matrix Bioloage Conditioning Balm (Returned! http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/smileys/smiley7.gif)
Elasta QP Mango Butter (Can we say "a hot crunchy mess" boys and girls? http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/smileys/smiley7.gif)

Emerald
11-08-2008, 09:25 PM
I will never buy Pantene again, and I try Not to buy over the counter shampooes, and conditoners, i only buy online, and I wont buy anything that is heavy in mineral oil, petroleum, and greasy shampoo and conditioner stuffs!!! Im very picky in my hair products!!!

ices.princess
11-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Anything from Doo Groo. Aussie Moist Shampoo. My hair could have slapped me behind that one.

Pebbles
11-09-2008, 01:31 AM
What may not work for one person may work for another person.

DanceKendra
11-09-2008, 07:32 AM
I HATE Motions everything. THe last thing I purchased from them was this cpr crap. I was soooo damn pissed I wasted my good money on that sh*t. But, now I know what works for me and motions aint it.

shortymac
11-10-2008, 01:02 PM
PUMP IT OUT --I Mean --PUMP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Carolinagirl_22
11-10-2008, 01:05 PM
PUMP IT OUT --I Mean --PUMP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
oh you mean liquid cement for hair! makes it soo hard that it cracks!

shortymac
11-10-2008, 01:25 PM
oh you mean liquid cement for hair! makes it soo hard that it cracks!
Yes girl,
that crap is worse than the Bone Straight relaxer. Make you wanna bring the company up on criminal charges!

Carolinagirl_22
11-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I know this girl that swears by bone straight...lol her hair is BONE straight and its just about as long as a snap!

denny221
11-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I tried Dr. Miracles temple gro because my temples and crown were thinning. I got nothing but greasy hair and a dry scalp. No growth at all. Then I tried the Profectiv growth renew after reading a ton of positive reviews. Now the little bit of hair that I did have on my edges is gone, my crown area is almost bald and my hair which is thin shoulder length is breaking off like mad. I'm a crying mess now.

Brownsugar
11-11-2008, 03:50 PM

ME TOO! That's the only thing she allows her teenage girls to use. She doesn't trust anything else. Whenever I suggest something, she says "Oh, No that stuff will make your hair fall out". I don't dispute her convictions about the vaseline as her girls' hair is long, but I simply tell her I can't use vaseline on my hair. I've ONLY used vaseline to prep/base my scalp if I've been scratching before a touch up. Other than this, I TRULY don't believe there are any other benefits. Correct me if I'm WRONG:)

evanny
11-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Any hair gel or grease. I hate it all.

Umph
11-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Dr. Miracles ANYTHING!!!! or Doo Gro Products!!! Waste of my time and $$$$

leentora
11-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Ok I will not be USING that Aussie 3 Min Reconstructor evaaaa again it's like cement for my hair, it didn't do jack for me :mad:, my hair is thick already as it is, and oh lward that thing did not soften it, it made my hair even more coarse! I will use it up as co-wash and then I am done with it! Don't even know if I wanna even co-wash with it!

I have the Moist Conditoner too, to try and if it give any trouble I am putting it out for the rubbish man to take away I am so mad as it was not cheap :mad: oh no or some on here can take thaty mess! i am annoyed right now!

tropical-punch
12-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Ladies, I came across a youtube video last night where a lady tells what you can do with those useless products to make them useful until they're gone. I'm gonna definitely try some of these.

YouTube - B4 You Trash it...Try this! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GryK7kRnPs&feature=PlayList&p=690EBC129F7EEDAF&playnext=1&index=66)

evanny
12-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Ladies, I came across a youtube video last night where a lady tells what you can do with those useless products to make them useful until they're gone. I'm gonna definitely try some of these.

YouTube - B4 You Trash it...Try this! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GryK7kRnPs&feature=PlayList&p=690EBC129F7EEDAF&playnext=1&index=66)

Very informative.

Mz. JJ
12-20-2008, 06:22 PM
DooGro, Pink oil anything, and Dr. Miracles are the devil:ninja: Oh, and pro-line brown gel that stuff will strip your relaxer like nothing else.

neotachac
05-15-2009, 12:45 PM
Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner,
Ladies This Stuff Turned My Stuff Into A Tangled Mess, I Pree-poo W/ Vatika, Wash With Keracare Hydrating Shampoo, Then Dc Witth Ao. I Read All Of The Wonderful Reviews. But This Does Not Work With My Hair..

creolesugar
05-15-2009, 12:54 PM
I am def doing this with the stuff I have with sulfates! thanks, ladykpnyc (http://www.youtube.com/user/ladykpnyc)!

evanny
05-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Wave Nouvea. I can't stand it. Silken Child Moisturizer, what is it supposed to do for me? Lustrasilk Mango whatever it's called. Garbage.

virtuouswoman
05-16-2009, 02:14 AM
queen helens cholestrol oil

evanny
05-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Elasta QP mango butter- breakage!!!!!! Elasta QP DPR-11 - Just sat on my hair making faces at me.

Maraquinn
05-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Hair grease. My mother had me convinced for YEARS that I 'needed' to use grease on my scalp and hair to keep it shiny and keep my scalp from being dry. It wasn't until I wised up and found out that grease was what was causing my scalp problems. Ever since i stopped using grease and began using natural oils on it (as well as regular washing/conditioning) my hair AND scalp has been much better.

naomimaxine927
05-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Pink lotion, and that ice gel,

lilo moon
05-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Why is everyone hating on Dr. Miracle's products I love them. They were working on my hair until i got lazy and stop doing it. I thought that whole apply to hair twice a day thing was to much.But reading what you guys have been saying about hair care. I guess you are suppose to do it.

evanny
05-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Why is everyone hating on Dr. Miracle's products I love them. They were working on my hair until i got lazy and stop doing it. I thought that whole apply to hair twice a day thing was to much.But reading what you guys have been saying about hair care. I guess you are suppose to do it.

If it works for you, you should stick with it. ;) A lot of us don't like Dr. Miracle's b/c it did nothing for us. Well that and Dr. Miracle's practices, but that's a whole different topic all together.

Bodybutter
05-26-2009, 09:49 PM
PAUL MITCHELL THE CONDITIONER. A few folks shouted it up on another forum..bought it, tried it, my hair hates it. I use it for my feet at night then cover with socks..works well on my feet but not my hair!

Trendolyn
05-27-2009, 03:22 AM
hair grease and black gels (actually I only use designer touch it requires very little for smoothing) I can also be lazy at times when it comes to hair care so no-lye relaxers will no longer be for me.

evanny
05-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Freakin Nexxus Humectress Luxe leave in. What in all the name of Jefferson Davis?! :mad: Isn't it supposed to be moisturizing?! It left my hair a hot and crispy mess.

Miss B
05-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Creme of Nature Detangling Shampoo- why?:
1. causes nasty build up on my scalp even after three washes
2. smells nasty
3. way too many harsh chemicals, including the dreaded SLS!:mad:
4. detangled my relaxed hair but made my NG hard and dry- will never waste my money on it again!

lilo moon
05-30-2009, 12:50 AM
what pratices? i don't know

lilo moon
05-30-2009, 12:53 AM
If it works for you, you should stick with it. ;) A lot of us don't like Dr. Miracle's b/c it did nothing for us. Well that and Dr. Miracle's practices, but that's a whole different topic all together.

what practices? where do i need to go to find out

miZZPortah
05-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Elasta QP Curl Wax-made my hair sticky and hard (threw it out immediately)
Blue Magic Hair Grease-need I say more?
Doo Gro Medicated Hair Grease-smelled like skunk and did not help my hair grow out

evanny
05-30-2009, 11:10 AM
what practices? where do i need to go to find out

It's not a HUGE deal. Here's the thread on it:
http://forum.blackhairplanet.com/f87/who-dr-miracle-why-do-you-never-see-his-face-3075/

paragonrn
06-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I just recently started my healthy hair care journey and am still looking for "My Products." Today I purchased Black Earth Products by Taliah Waajid and was not impressed with it's effects on my hair at all. Oh well, I won't get discouraged, I'll find my products in due time...

Leila

Vermelha
06-05-2009, 07:16 AM
Elasta QP Curl Wax-made my hair sticky and hard (threw it out immediately)
Blue Magic Hair Grease-need I say more?
Doo Gro Medicated Hair Grease-smelled like skunk and did not help my hair grow out

Hey, there's a girl on YouTube with WL natural hair that presses her hair with Softee Herbal Gro. I'm like :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Girl, to be honest, I still have my Blue Magic Coconut Oil Grease... for emergencies, Haha! IDK, some ladies flat iron with grease and have super long hair...

Oh, and I threw all the Doo Gro products away. Their shampoo does NOT clean anything and left me with buildup.

Dividir
06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Mmmm that sound good though use it lightly and get loads of growth :D I may look into that actually!

Hold on a second, your kinda making me want to buy it! Actually come to think of it, I have used it, it is kinda greasy. But I think I did get some growth. I'm not sure!

I HATE Motions everything. THe last thing I purchased from them was this cpr crap. I was soooo damn pissed I wasted my good money on that sh*t. But, now I know what works for me and motions aint it.
I have just finihed all my motions relaxers. I will try a few others, but so far it was the best one I tried, but then again I think its the only non box kit I have done my self, and it was probably my relaxing technique that was helping!

queen helens cholestrol oil

Agreed!!!! first hair cholestorol I have tried, it had a serious fight with my hair!

I think the only good thing about the Dr Miracles line is that it emphasises regular use.

So even with any old hair moisturiser, your hair is more likely to retain lenght (or "grow") if it doesn't dry out.

I dont like it though! I could have guessed he was white though.

scollins1986
07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Optimum hair grease....smells delicious but makes my hair heavy

annie212
07-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Oh well I agree with everything and everyone on here

I will also like to add
Creme of nature professional nourishing & strengthening treatment. It's suppose to be a DC but it left my hair and hands sooo DRY!!! :( and it has 5 parabens in it

Infuisuim 23 repairloge it's suppose to be a leave on but it feels like straight water hasn't done nothing to my hair

That's all I can think of for now LOL :D

terri14th10
07-12-2009, 10:22 AM
anything w/ aloe vera!

stylista.babee
07-27-2009, 04:14 PM
My Poopie List; haha
- Blue Magic Grease (my hair was soo greasy! Like I might as well have smeared vaseline on my hair)
- Anything in the Optimum Line (made my hair break off like crazy; & the smell made me nauseous after a while)
- Cantu line (some products just left my hair stringy and nasty)
- Perm Repair
- Anything Doo Gro (just made my hair a greasy, nasty mess)
- Those "Triple Gro" or whatever "Gro" satin scarves (did the complete opposite of what it was supposed to)
- Luster's Pink Lotion

haha those are all I can think of right now. I may come back & edit after I search through my "Closet of Shame"

BritishPound
08-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Elasta QP mango butter- breakage!!!!!! Elasta QP DPR-11 - Just sat on my hair making faces at me.

LMAOOOO!

For me ANYTHING Black n Sassy ... more like Yuk n Naaasty!

evanny
08-05-2009, 09:43 AM
LMAOOOO!

For me ANYTHING Black n Sassy ... more like Yuk n Naaasty!

Me too!! Black n Sassy productsn and my hair don't get along either.

evanny
11-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Freakin Nexxus Humectress Luxe leave in. What in all the name of Jefferson Davis?! :mad: Isn't it supposed to be moisturizing?! It left my hair a hot and crispy mess.

Correction, I LOVE that stuff now! I was using another product that was causing the crispy feeling hair.

I won;t buy Roux products anymore. Everytime I use them, my hair sheds like crazy.

SHIRO
11-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Motions oil moisturiser! that stuff used to make my hair cruchy and stiff and it didn't make take me long to realise why.I accidentally spilled some on my dresing table and left it there coz i was getting late for work and when i came back in the evening,it had hardened into a candle wax -like substance.:eek:|I finished the bottke alright--i don't believe in throwing my hard earned money away--but never will i use it again.
Add to the list ORS leave-in mayonnaise.left my hair crunchy and hard too!

evanny
11-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Motions oil moisturiser! that stuff used to make my hair cruchy and stiff and it didn't make take me long to realise why.I accidentally spilled some on my dresing table and left it there coz i was getting late for work and when i came back in the evening,it had hardened into a candle wax -like substance.:eek:|I finished the bottke alright--i don't believe in throwing my hard earned money away--but never will i use it again.
Add to the list ORS leave-in mayonnaise.left my hair crunchy and hard too!
ITA. I can't stand that stuff. I vowed never to buy it again way before I started caring for my hair. I think it smells awful!

Sharii16
11-23-2009, 11:27 AM
frggin pink lotion !!

ac22ford
11-23-2009, 09:14 PM
It's funny, BB's pink oil moisturizer was sooo good to me earlier this year. But now my hair cries when it comes near that bottle! I have a full bottle never used I need to take back to Sally's.

PrincessRN
11-24-2009, 04:59 PM
frggin pink lotion !!

I totally agree! I stopped using that stuff many years ago.

PrincessRN
12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Anything by Taliah Waajid....yuck!

acupofmagic
12-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Vo5 conditioners
Any hair grease
Any hair lotion
Any conditioners that DOESN'T contain cones (I love cones haha)

and last but not least......RELAXERS!!!!! Never EVER will I let this crap touch my head again!!!!!!! Unh-unh. Nope.

Tall, Black Canadian
12-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Pantene Nature Fusions. I usually love Pantene, but my hair cried when I used this. I even tried it again just in case I imagined that my hair became a wet bird's nest upon my head. I gave them to my MIL (she liked it) and I turn the channel when I see the commercial.

ac22ford
12-07-2009, 10:30 PM
^^^^

Is that the Pantene where the commercial says they will give you a refund or something if you find another conditioner that works better for your hair?

kfee2001
03-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Aussie Moist, Aussie 3 minute deep--both the white bottle and the purple bottle-they didn't do anything for my hair, Dr Miracle products--couldn't deal with the smell.

ac22ford
03-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Say whah Kfee!?! Aussie Moist is my new Love. . . can't live w/out it. It's amazing how different strokes for different folks.

hanna_light
03-25-2010, 11:26 PM
This product line came straight from Satan's loins: the entire Pantene, relax, and natural line.

choshi1
03-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Isoplus oil moisturizer, and luster's pink oil moisturizer eeew

evanny
03-26-2010, 04:05 PM
This product line came straight from Satan's loins: the entire Pantene, relax, and natural line.

Satan's loins?! ROFL!!!!!!! :D

evanny
03-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Say whah Kfee!?! Aussie Moist is my new Love. . . can't live w/out it. It's amazing how different strokes for different folks.

Yeah! Aussie moist is the business with my hair.

leentora
03-26-2010, 04:34 PM

:D You are a mess, everytime you open your mouth, you have me in tears from laughter.

I mean seriously? Satans Loins? http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/eh.gif :D

Curlgenie
03-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Motions moisteriser aghhhhh I actually hate this product it leaves my hair soooo dry and crackly I bought it before I started reading the ingredients but when I actually looked o kinda thought what did I expect it's made soo cheap. I threw the whole thing in the bin.

Lady Hawk
03-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I usually like Silk Elements products, but their luxury moisturizing shampoo made my hair feel like straw.

ac22ford
03-27-2010, 02:44 AM

ROTFL!!!! Hilarious!!!

evanny
05-08-2010, 04:52 PM
I'll never use the Joico moisture recovery conditioner that I have ever again. IDK if it's just the one that I bought or what, but my hair doesn't agree with it.

gem.am.i
05-09-2010, 03:57 AM
herbal essences hairspray
avalon conditioner (lavender i think) it did nada for my hair
organix conditioner (tea tree mint) again nothing for my hair
dr.wonder's lol yeah i tried it
i'm on the fence about carol's daughter, i have tried the rosemary shampoo and I cannot say it was the miracle i expected , however i will give her one more chance but i will just try a different product

choshi1
05-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Jeba hair fertiliser

SHIRO
05-10-2010, 02:07 AM
royal hair polisher(cones)

evanny
05-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Africa's Best oil. My hair went into an all out war when I used that.

virtuouswoman
05-10-2010, 10:10 PM
At first my hair was okay with biofusion and now my hair hates the products :(

Angelina01
05-10-2010, 11:38 PM
Queen Helene Super Cholesterol Conditioner - it makes may hair dry and brittle

jessy828
05-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Paul Mitchell smooth and awauphi

MysticMatriarch
05-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Pink lotion, Hollywood Beauty Castor oil, and Organic Stimulator Olive oil.

naomimaxine927
05-18-2010, 07:01 PM
Africa's Best oil. My hair went into an all out war when I used that.

:rolleyes: LOL, my hair adores the stuff!

mommie8
05-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I will never buy Carol's Daughter Hair Milk or the Khoert Amen's leave in conditioner.

The so call hair milk did not moisturized my hair (my hair felt drier like I had no kinda moisture), and the Khoret Leave in conditioner made my hair hard. :mad:

denalove
05-18-2010, 08:09 PM
I will never buy Carol's Daughter Hair Milk or the Khoert Amen's leave in conditioner.

The so call hair milk did not moisturized my hair (my hair felt drier like I had no kinda moisture), and the Khoret Leave in conditioner made my hair hard. :mad:

I really appreciate that review on the CD hair milk, my girlfriend at work speaks so highly of it and she suggested it for my dd's hair, but i am glad that you enlightened me...

eyekandy22
07-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I was into grease for a minute, coz it's cheap and some sound good with the ingredients list, but I only use it on my relaxed ends coz i don't care about them anymore. I don't think I'll be re-purchasing grease anymore.

jusstoya
07-12-2010, 02:49 PM
treseme moisture rich conditioner (it was good at first now i hate it)

naomimaxine927
07-12-2010, 04:39 PM

Why, what made you change your mind?

leentora
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Universal Una Bomba Deep Treat
Miss Key 10en1 Super Conditioner

jusstoya
07-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Why, what made you change your mind?

It was great when I had a fresh relaxer I used it two weeks ago (12 wks post) and my hair was so dry n tangly. idk I will give it another shot after I relax.

AuNaturale85
07-12-2010, 07:50 PM
anything and everything DR Miracles
any hair grease

Dr Miracles Gro Oil smells like hot garbage. (& it doesnt work)

PrincessRN
07-12-2010, 07:53 PM

I have been eyeballing this, but hesitated to buy it. Thanks for the heads up!

AuNaturale85
07-12-2010, 07:58 PM

So it worked? Hmmm... I think i will try thissss!!!

AuNaturale85
07-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Redken products suck for me!

The Redken Anti-snap leave-in treatment sucks by itself....but mixed into my conditioning gel....it works great. I just bought the generic version of the Redken from Sally's. Havent used it yet...cant wait to try it!

Starliante
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
pink lotion....
(ages ago)
oil sheen..in the blue can..
(years ago)
only used the cantu leave in twice..
doubt i repurchase tho

just for me pressing creme :/
(this was years ago lol)

blue magic
there is other stuff...cant think of them right now lol

AuNaturale85
07-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I know this girl that swears by bone straight...lol her hair is BONE straight and its just about as long as a snap!

Why would any one want their hair that straight...no body or movement or nothing...just a limp hot mess. :eek:

evanny
07-12-2010, 08:58 PM
ORS hair lotion. Well at least not the one with petroleum in it. It's too heavy for me. I used it as a sealant.

Did I mention the new Garnier leave in yet? Well even if I did I REALLY won't EVER buy that trash ever again! It sucked as a leave in and as a moisturizer. Hard crunchy hair every time!

ac22ford
07-13-2010, 07:39 AM
EO Essentials Rosemary and Mint Condish. It has no slip whatsoever. I don't even want to use it as a prepoo.

leentora
07-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Avocado Oil ~ it smell horrible, it stinks and smell like engine grease, GROSS!

naomimaxine927
07-13-2010, 03:56 PM
EO Essentials Rosemary and Mint Condish. It has no slip whatsoever. I don't even want to use it as a prepoo.

What does the EO stand for? Sorry I'm a bit slow.:o

leentora
07-13-2010, 04:01 PM
What does the EO stand for? Sorry I'm a bit slow.:o

EO = Essential Oils.

You was not slow though trying to get me killed the other day :rolleyes: :p

naomimaxine927
07-13-2010, 04:02 PM
^^^ LOL, when are you going to let that go!?

leentora
07-13-2010, 04:05 PM
When I start feeling better and when I rant it all off my chest :D:p

naomimaxine927
07-13-2010, 04:38 PM
I won't ever buy ANY Softee Hair products, it's all grease, and I do not like grease, it always contains, either Mineral Oil, Petroleum/Paraffinum Liquidum.

PrincessRN
07-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Avocado Oil ~ it smell horrible, it stinks and smell like engine grease, GROSS!

Awww Leen, maybe try another brand. Avocado oil really should not stink like that. I find it to be a very silky kind of oil that feels moisturizing on the hair AND mine has no scent at all. I really love it.

AuNaturale85
07-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Awww Leen, maybe try another brand. Avocado oil really should not stink like that. I find it to be a very silky kind of oil that feels moisturizing on the hair AND mine has no scent at all. I really love it.

What brand is your avocado oil and where did you buy it?

evanny
07-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah Leen, there shouldn't be a scent at all, well at least not a strong one.

leentora
07-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Ok, this confirms that mine has gone off it stinks bad, smell like engine or rusty zinc, absolutely gross.

evanny
07-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Ok, this confirms that mine has gone off it stinks bad, smell like engine or rusty zinc, absolutely gross.

Did you buy it recently? I would take that trash back.

eyekandy22
07-14-2010, 03:01 AM
^^^Yup- Softee makes their grease sound good tho- I bought their shea butter grease, and they have a new olive oil one I was able to leave alone.

PrincessRN
07-14-2010, 06:58 AM
What brand is your avocado oil and where did you buy it?

Here is the one I use, it is called Spectrum Organic and I bought it at my local health food store. I also believe they have it at Whole Foods Spectrum Avocado Oil, Refined, 8 ozs. (http://www.google.com/product_url?q=http://www.truefoodsmarket.com/product_info.php/products_id/3734&fr=AKT48JNORR8xAtl3_jNQU22P1yq3kVaR9zHeYiJ0xdUKJ9g BS7NwNKWiMCGgfz7WhYO40h1MefmBkJ7WaIEmg66aUBbayGckN dtZleC6542wICLHQawxMZvy5mC9gEiSYOtdIGkHHak6AAAAAAA AAAA&gl=us&hl=en&ei=YLM9TK7LO4GSwQWxqOmODg&sa=image&ved=0CA0Q9gIwATgA) I only posted this website to show the picture of the bottle. Their price is waaay too high. I only pay about $8 or $9 for an 8 oz bottle.

leentora
07-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Here is the one I use, it is called Spectrum Organic and I bought it at my local health food store. I also believe they have it at Whole Foods Spectrum Avocado Oil, Refined, 8 ozs. (http://www.google.com/product_url?q=http://www.truefoodsmarket.com/product_info.php/products_id/3734&fr=AKT48JNORR8xAtl3_jNQU22P1yq3kVaR9zHeYiJ0xdUKJ9g BS7NwNKWiMCGgfz7WhYO40h1MefmBkJ7WaIEmg66aUBbayGckN dtZleC6542wICLHQawxMZvy5mC9gEiSYOtdIGkHHak6AAAAAAA AAAA&gl=us&hl=en&ei=YLM9TK7LO4GSwQWxqOmODg&sa=image&ved=0CA0Q9gIwATgA) I only posted this website to show the picture of the bottle. Their price is waaay too high. I only pay about $8 or $9 for an 8 oz bottle.

The one got is unrefined and it very green, could that be why it smell the way it does?

leentora
07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Did you buy it recently? I would take that trash back.

Yea about a week or two ago, I inly just decide to use it.

Ev is yours very green in color and unrefined too?

PrincessRN
07-14-2010, 04:02 PM
The one got is unrefined and it very green, could that be why it smell the way it does?

I think that could be it. Mine is definitely not green, lol

leentora
07-14-2010, 04:37 PM
I think that could be it. Mine is definitely not green, lol

Ok but I thought it is meant to be green......, :confused: I am sure when I research it, in it pure form it is green.

I am off to do some more research.

buckeyeinminn
07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
I will NEVER buy Sulfur 8 again....
Tried it once and couldn't get over the smell

sweets
07-15-2010, 10:14 PM
sunsilk leave-in

evanny
07-16-2010, 01:35 AM
sunsilk leave-in

Same here. I've tried 2 of them and they both were crap in a bottle.

naomimaxine927
07-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Same here. I've tried 2 of them and they both were crap in a bottle.

Ha @ crap in a bottle! lol

redik
07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
I've quit hair grease, and my hair has grown since then.

I'm working on not using Pink oil moisturizer and Pantene and Motions as well.

jusstoya
07-20-2010, 11:45 AM
Via oil free wig shine...what a joke! That's the oiliest ever,and I didn't notice any shine. Next time Im going with Demert like I started to do!

dadou
08-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Dr miracle. i dont know how it works on relax hair, but on my natural hair it was awfullllll.still have nightmare just when i think about it.brrrrbrrrrrr

aunatrueal85
08-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Elastic qp dpr 11 the new formula. I jumped on the elasta bandwagon too late I guess :-( . I added oils too and no luck ...my hair felt like hay ahahah...loving ORS pak tho!

Ps I am so glad to be apart of the site....I finally can talk hair and products...my friends and fam just don't understand.LOL

evanny
08-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Elastic qp dpr 11 the new formula. I jumped on the elasta bandwagon too late I guess :-( . I added oils too and no luck ...my hair felt like hay ahahah...loving ORS pak tho!

Ps I am so glad to be apart of the site....I finally can talk hair and products...my friends and fam just don't understand.LOL

You didn't miss anything. The old formula was garbage too. Well, IMO.

ac22ford
08-28-2010, 01:10 AM
^^^^ IA, it started to leave my hair dry and frizzy when rinsing out. Even when I would add oils to it. The smell was great though. Haven't tried the new version yet, and don't plan on it.

Mrs.Harrington
08-29-2010, 08:48 AM
I would never buy Pantene Relaxed and Natural again
NO SPRITZ
OF course NO PINK OIL LotiON! Yuk
I just bought Elasta QP Deep Conditioner and have used it twice, def not worth repurchasing!
I can't think of anything else right now but it will come to me.

Saunta2
08-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Black n Sassy Creamy Set - love the scent, it smells like bananas. It worked great the first couple of times but now it leaves some ugly white mess in my hair.

Bodybutter
08-29-2010, 11:46 AM
KIDS ORGANIC SHEA BUTTER LOTION!! Sounds innocent enough, kids, organic, shea butter..NOT!! That stuff is a chemical forest..goes on smooth as silk, next days the ends of my hair are dried out and snapping off. Hate it for it's promotion toward babying the hair..it stinks!!

deniseneese
09-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Pink Lotion I used it on my colored hair my hair became hard and dry. I will never never use again.

JayUK
09-08-2010, 03:09 PM
DooGro triple strength anti breakage growth lotion - sooo greasy, no moisture, really thick
Pink Oil - do i need to explain why
Aphogee 2 step protien - not sure if it was my application or if it was the product but my hair broke off!!

leentora
09-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Am I the only person that liked Pink Lotion :o, have not used it for years, but when I did it was good....,well it worked fine :o.

buckeyeinminn
09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream. Felt good going on. My hair was sooooo brittle and broke of sooooo bad the next morning :so so mad:

leentora
09-08-2010, 09:41 PM
Queen Helenes Super Cholesterol ~ did nothing for my hair, nothing........,

Halibel
09-08-2010, 11:45 PM
^^^ haha that queen helene crap was disgusting when i tried it in my relaxed days.

PrincessRN
09-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream. Felt good going on. My hair was sooooo brittle and broke of sooooo bad the next morning :so so mad:

Buckeye, your hair may be sensitive to the alcohol in Cantu Leave in. I know everybody raves about this product, but I cannot use it because leave-ins with alcohol dry my hair out and cause breakage too (even though they are supposed to be the moisturizing alcohols). There is another Cantu product that I use and have great results with. Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong strengthening treatment. It looks just like the leave-in, but in a smaller jar
(6.1 oz). This one is alcohol free, works well and is very mositurizing. The price is the same so it is not expensive. Try this one and see if you like it, maybe it will work better for you. :)

eyekandy22
09-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Braid sprays. I have one by African Royal I believe, and the smell is too sweet. Which sounds great at first, but if you don't wash your hair regularly in braids, you get a sweet smell mixed with sweaty scalp, not hot. I have to shampoo my braids every week- I know you're supposed to wash weekly anyway, but with this spray you don't have a choice. Using my own moisturizing spritz saves money, and is lighter and more moisturizing.

naomimaxine927
09-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Buckeye, your hair may be sensitive to the alcohol in Cantu Leave in. I know everybody raves about this product, but I cannot use it because leave-ins with alcohol dry my hair out and cause breakage too (even though they are supposed to be the moisturizing alcohols). There is another Cantu product that I use and have great results with. Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong strengthening treatment. It looks just like the leave-in, but in a smaller jar
(6.1 oz). This one is alcohol free, works well and is very mositurizing. The price is the same so it is not expensive. Try this one and see if you like it, maybe it will work better for you. :)

I never used cantu but I know my hair is sensitive to alcohol because gel dries my hair out severely!

PrincessRN
09-28-2010, 09:35 PM
I never used cantu but I know my hair is sensitive to alcohol because gel dries my hair out severely!

I try to use alcohol free products for the most part. Was your relaxed hair sensitive to alcohol too Naomi? Mine was, and I had to avoid it like the plague!!! Now that I am natural, I am starting to tolerate products with alcohol a little bit, but never as a leave-in. It is still trial and error for me but generally alcohol is a no-no.

evanny
09-28-2010, 09:39 PM
I know I've said this 2 times before, but I truly can't stand that new Garnier color care trash. It's trash I say!! Trash!!!!

naomimaxine927
09-28-2010, 10:34 PM
I try to use alcohol free products for the most part. Was your relaxed hair sensitive to alcohol too Naomi? Mine was, and I had to avoid it like the plague!!! Now that I am natural, I am starting to tolerate products with alcohol a little bit, but never as a leave-in. It is still trial and error for me but generally alcohol is a no-no.

Now I that I think about it, it probably was, my hair is super sensitive. Then again I never paid attention to products then, I used whatever was around. :rolleyes:

TressBuzz
10-01-2010, 06:19 PM
I will neva eva eva buy a heavy cone product again. Dry rats nest lol. The last bad boys were NTM silk touch leave in and chi silk infusion. UGH.

leentora
10-01-2010, 09:12 PM
I will neva eva eva buy a heavy cone product again. Dry rats nest lol. The last bad boys were NTM silk touch leave in and chi silk infusion. UGH.

Really? :confused: those two are awesome products, NTM works well for moisturizing and CHI Silk Infusion is the bidness for silky straight hair.

Sorry either did not work out for you hun.

PrincessRN
10-02-2010, 06:50 AM

Aww, sorry these didn't work for you. I haven't tried the two you mentioned, but my hair seems to LOVE cones.

mommie8
10-02-2010, 11:57 AM

Sorry the NTM didnt work for you :( ...my hair seems to love all of the NTM line.

leentora
10-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Sorry the NTM didnt work for you :( ...my hair seems to love all of the NTM line.

I love NTM, I have yet to try their shampoos and mask, I did their conditioner(s) and the leave-in. My hair loves them both. Awesome line, it is a pity they are not available here.

evanny
10-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Aww, sorry these didn't work for you. I haven't tried the two you mentioned, but my hair seems to LOVE cones.

My hair does too. My hair really likes the NTM line. The CHI Silk Infusion works well with my hair too, but I stopped using it after I started using the Silk Elements heat protectant.

TressBuzz
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Girl isn't this hair business crazy. Some will bless the high heavens over a product and others will say blech. Trial plus error lol.

Really? :confused: those two are awesome products, NTM works well for moisturizing and CHI Silk Infusion is the bidness for silky straight hair.

Sorry either did not work out for you hun.

TressBuzz
10-02-2010, 07:46 PM
PrincessRN you are amongst those beautiful cone lovers lol. From what I can tell you are in fine company!:)

artlove
10-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Wow. I'm browsing through this thread for the first time, and you guys really make me feel like I'm using some crap products.... LOL http://i53.tinypic.com/25zmmua.gif

I really like Luster's lotion called the Olive Oil Hydration vibe. (smells awesome)!
And I also use products with petroleum (petrolatum) like ORS jojoba oil and sometimes other hair greases.

I don't yet own any pure oils or any butters. I guess I have to get on that. But I have to admit that the moiturizers I already own have been working just fine.

aunatrueal85
10-03-2010, 01:27 PM
I know that I am going to get alot of grief buuuut...My hair didn't like the VO5 moisture milk conditioner...im a suave coconut gal :-) I'm going to use the rest of my moisture milk as a rinsing conditioner...but I won't be buying it again

mommie8
10-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Wow. I'm browsing through this thread for the first time, and you guys really make me feel like I'm using some crap products.... LOL http://i53.tinypic.com/25zmmua.gif

I really like Luster's lotion called the Olive Oil Hydration vibe. (smells awesome)!
And I also use products with petroleum (petrolatum) like ORS jojoba oil and sometimes other hair greases.

I don't yet own any pure oils or any butters. I guess I have to get on that. But I have to admit that the moiturizers I already own have been working just fine.

I just wanted to say if it works for you continue using it :)

literarian
10-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Matrix curl life 4 step curl defining system.I spent over 5000 dollars(Jamaican dollars -works out to about 100 us I guess)
I was not impressed with the results.Of course I've only used it once so far but my curls were more defined with cheaper products

I'm gonna use it all up though...and who knows maybe my mind will change.

But for now I'm totally against this prod.

PrincessRN
10-17-2010, 07:48 AM
HE Hello Hydration. That stuff made my hair as dry as the desert.

mlbutler73
11-10-2010, 03:26 PM
i read in a website dedicated to our hair that profectiv was a good line of products. i had just bought the mega growth oil,and had great results. the price of hair mayonaise got crazy, so i decided to try the profactiv conditioner and i HATED it!!:mad: it left my hair feeling weighed down and sticky. i just tried motions shampoo and conditioner, and it totally gave me what i was looking for! my hair goal is moisture and growth. aside from the vitamins out there, does anyone have any tips?

needamiracle
11-10-2010, 03:50 PM
mane and tale detangling spray it does'nt work at all, but the shampoo and conditioner works well.

mika227
11-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Dr. Miracle's ANYTHING... it smells like rank medicine for a reason... it's crap in a can, imo.

dezi
11-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Jamaican mango and lime product line. Though highly recommended by some in the loc'd community, I didn't like the way hair felt after using it and gel caused buildup.

hanna_light
11-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Cantu Shea butter my hair loathes this product like the devil hates holy water.

AuNaturale85
11-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Cantu shea butter conditioning cream and eco styler gel.....I dislike both of these products. Cantu doesnt mix well with ANYTHING and it left little white balls all over my head. Then the Eco styler DRIED my hair out and left it super crunchy. SMH....and it feels too dry going on my hair. Never again.

AuNaturale85
11-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Hawaiian Silky 14-1 it's too greasy feeling....

evanny
11-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Cantu shea butter conditioning cream and eco styler gel.....I dislike both of these products. Cantu doesnt mix well with ANYTHING and it left little white balls all over my head. Then the Eco styler DRIED my hair out and left it super crunchy. SMH....and it feels too dry going on my hair. Never again.

What?! Eco Styler is my stuff! Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Saunta2
11-29-2010, 10:12 AM

Which Eco styler did you use? The green one with olive oil is really good.

Eelite
11-29-2010, 07:19 PM
I would not buy Pump-it-up spritz. I think that's the worst.

AuNaturale85
11-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Which Eco styler did you use? The green one with olive oil is really good.

I've tried the clear and the green one....they both make my hair feel so dry. :eek:

leentora
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
I've tried the clear and the green one....they both make my hair feel so dry. :eek:

I hear you should not use too much and for softeness you can use a little oil over, something like EVCO/EVOO or a light oil of your choice. I have read this else where of ladies doing this and they got nice results...., not drying or hard hair.

AuNaturale85
11-29-2010, 10:30 PM
I hear you should not use too much and for softeness you can use a little oil over, something like EVCO/EVOO or a light oil of your choice. I have read this else where of ladies doing this and they got nice results...., not drying or hard hair.

Idk what it means to "not use too much"....I am ridiculously heavy handed. SMH :da fool:

leentora
11-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Idk what it means to "not use too much"....I am ridiculously heavy handed. SMH :da fool:

LOL I am with you on the heavy hand when it comes to products, but maybe use what you are using and trying adding a little oil after you apply the eco then see if that helps with the dry/hardness.

KeshaSharee
01-23-2011, 01:19 PM
The replies to this post had me lmao....so here is my list of "I could have used that $5 for gas!":

1. HEHH = Hair felt like straw when I rinsed out
2. Garnier Fructis Triple Moisture = Ha the oils in this must have been left in the other batches
3. Giovanni Reconstructor DC = It lied to me

Eelite
02-13-2011, 08:15 PM
I will never buy these:

Palmer's Coconut line
Mane n' Tail Detangler
Cantu product line
Doo gro Leave in Treatment
Pink Oil Moisturizer

redik
03-01-2011, 09:37 PM
I've managed to phase out hair grease, but i don't want to buy Pond's ever again.

I'm divided on this Cantu shampoo as well.

RosaVermelha
03-14-2011, 08:54 AM
Africa's Best hair mayonaise! Made my hair dry and chewy looking. Their Olive Oil deep condtioner is great but my hair is tempermental with Africa's Best products.

msnicky715
03-14-2011, 09:51 AM
I know many people swear by the Nuevo Wave moisturizer, I saw it in someone's you tube video and thought I'd give it a try. Well unfortunately my hair did not respond well to that mess, and in fact IMO it seemed to make my hair more dry instead of moisturize it.

I am also not a fan of pink moisturizer.

thecookedone
03-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I'm really not a fan of the hair mayo. I'll just mix it with my deep conditioning treatments until I get rid of it. It was better back in the day.

Edit: I'm talking about Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayo!

thecookedone
03-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Carol's Daughter's Tui Hair Smoothie, Tui Oil, and Margu... Magic
Generic Value Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Conditioner
Pantene products, period!
Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer
Motions Oil Moisturizer, Hair and Scalp Conditioner, and Shampoo
Garnier Fructis Leave-In-Conditioner
Mizani's Thermasmooth Conditioner
Parenevu's Hair Mayo
Organic Root Stimulator's Hair Mayo
Hairspray (I have enough to last a lifetime!)
Hair Gel
Vitapointe
Ampro Curling Wax
Design Essentials Botanical Oil
Elasta Oil Moisturizer
Profectiv products
Africa's Best Hair Oil
KeraCare's Hair Mask and Setting Lotion (I liked the foam wrap when I was relaxed, but the setting lotion was garbage!)

Man, I have four closet selves full of hair products, two big bags under my bed, and a few stashed away in other places in my bedroom. I'll have to take an inventory to complete my list!

kclilmizm3
03-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Spritz, Gel, anything Dr. Miracles, anything Mane-N-Tail, and hair grease.

BambiJorae
03-25-2011, 12:41 PM
Two words: PINK LOTION

[Check out my beauty channel dolls!]
YouTube - BambiJorae's Channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/BambiJorae)

PurplePeony
03-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Dr. Miracles....made my hair fall out
Carol`s Daughter...<--- i wanted so bad to like her products but they gave me a headache, Smelled horrible & just sat on my hair

sweets
03-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Im on the fence about Cantu shea butter. The old formula was spongy and now this new one is more creamy. It didn't feel the same on my hair. I will have to wait and see if it's good. I knew I should have bought 3 jars when I first liked it. argh.

eyekandy22
04-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Lustrasilk Olive Oil cholesterol-the leave in conditioner :( Blegh. I've had if for maybe 2 years and it's still half full. Doesn't leave hair moisturized at all. You can probably use it more as a gel for twists outs etc. Now it is being used as a body lotion- it's adequate for that.

rubygirl
05-24-2011, 07:50 AM
AO Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo. What a waste of money. It left my hair feeling extremely stripped and gross feeling.

sanchyp
06-06-2011, 12:56 PM
African pride leave in

PurplePeony
06-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I will never buy Carol's Daughter Hair Milk or the Khoert Amen's leave in conditioner. The so call hair milk did not moisturized my hair (my hair felt drier like I had no kinda moisture), and the Khoret Leave in conditioner made my hair hard. :mad:

Girl that stuff sat on my head in a greasy mess. I had to re wash my hair to get it right again!

mommie8
06-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Girl that stuff sat on my head in a greasy mess. I had to re wash my hair to get it right again!

Yes girl that stuff was just not for my hair and I really wanted to like it :(

eyekandy22
11-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Profectiv Mega Growth deep conditioner. Worked well on relaxed hair, on my natural- with damage- does nothing except smell good.

Iwanthealthyhair67
11-05-2011, 08:34 PM
hair fixer, i heard so much good things about it but i made my hair hard...

DiggyNaps
11-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Murray's Pomade!!!!! Worst 2.50 I've ever spent. BEWARE LADIES!!!

eyekandy22
11-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Dr. Miracles Follicle Healing Deep Conditioner. Gel consistency instead of creamy, tea tree oil smell, and no slip or softness. Super tingling if u like that sort of thing.

eyekandy22
11-12-2011, 08:13 PM
The fastest I've ever used up a conditioner- 2 weeks. The Profectiv was a horrible Deep conditioner, but a fabulous pre-poo treatment. It has proteins, good oils, but also mineral oil and petrolatum :( Anyway used it before shampooing these past 2 weeks used it up. I will now add oils to my crappy cholesterols as an overnight pre-poo treatment.

cjgaskin
11-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Anything mineral oil or petrolum based...my hair does NOT like it at all! I also wasn't a big fan of the Motions Deep Conditioner.

nc69
11-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Cantu Shea Butter.Did nothing for my hair.

EverythingBeautiful
01-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Any Hair Grease that's petroleum or mineral oil based. My mom swears i should use it cus i have dry hair, but it just makes it dryer.

Triple grow line, ALL THE PRODUCTS ARE MINERAL OIL BASED, EVEN THE LEAVE IN SPRAY! they make the bottles/jars look so convincing, but it broke my hair off more than it made it grow.

TCB wrap setting lotion, just did nothing for my hair.

Sun-in, i got this thinking it would lighten my hair without dying it, but honestly i would have been better off dying it. it turned orange. oh my gosh, i wanna post a picture of it sooo bad! it was terrible! my hair got so dry! even a friend of mine who is white with long blonde gorgeous hair used it to go a shade blonder & it dried her hair out like it was nothing!

and the Clairol foaming dye, needless to say, that completely ruined my hair.
actually, ANY BOX DYE for that matter.

PurplePeony
01-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Dr Miracles & Carol`s Daughter

mommie8
01-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Im not sure but any product that has mineral oil or petroleum within the 1st five ingredients listed.

leentora
01-04-2012, 01:25 AM
This, never again, it was no good.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_ZdaExGZNWag/TXzudIb0nDI/AAAAAAAAAW0/MNmD8dh_aNw/31tdVxAAbXL._SS500_14.jpg

PurplePeony
01-04-2012, 05:18 AM
This, never again, it was no good.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_ZdaExGZNWag/TXzudIb0nDI/AAAAAAAAAW0/MNmD8dh_aNw/31tdVxAAbXL._SS500_14.jpg

thx leen. no wonder it`s always on sale

Missey
01-04-2012, 11:47 AM
I will never purchase Vaseline to seal my hair. I did the Vaseline challenge I had read about, and on the third day, my hair was falling out. It was too heavy for my hair. A lot of people have success with it, but I had a hot greasy mess with lost hair.

leentora
01-04-2012, 04:50 PM
thx leen. no wonder it`s always on sale

Girl don't waste your money, it did nothing for my hair. LOL@why it is always on sale.
There are others cholesterols that are awesome I have a few and I think I will be consistent with them once I become natural.

norahl
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
I will never purchase Vaseline to seal my hair. I did the Vaseline challenge I had read about, and on the third day, my hair was falling out. It was too heavy for my hair. A lot of people have success with it, but I had a hot greasy mess with lost hair.

Vaseline challenge?? That just sounds dangerous! :eek:

PurplePeony
01-09-2012, 03:00 PM

My cousin sprays water on her daughter`s hair & seals with Vaseline or hair grease. Her hair touches her butt.

leentora
01-10-2012, 01:29 AM

You use too much, don't put it on your scalp if it can not manage it but use it to seal, sure does lock in moisture and gives a nice shine. I have use occasionally throughout my transitioning as transitioning hair is hard to keep moisture in. It worked and my hair was moisturized for god number of day and was soft too. I use it on my son's hair and it holds moisture better than when I use oil (s).

leentora
01-10-2012, 01:31 AM

Vaseline or grease same thing, it is not as bad as it sounds, but one needs to be light handed.
I would also say maybe not for relaxed hair, natural hair will do better with using it.

ThatLadyL
01-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Pink lotion worked good for me, but I stopped using it because it contains mineral oil.... no Buenos guys!

leentora
01-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Pink lotion worked good for me, but I stopped using it because it contains mineral oil.... no Buenos guys!

It worked good for me too, I had no reason to stop using it, just became a PJ and experiment with other products.

PurplePeony
02-09-2012, 12:14 AM
I initially purchased Carol`s Daughter when I was first transitioning, I was excited to find them on HSN so I bought almost everything they showcased.
The products I tried either left a greasy mess on my hair or the scent was so loud & horrible it gave me a headache. Well today just as I was about to trash about $200 worth of Carol`s Daughter products I decided to try it on my son`s hair. I opened a brand new jar of Mimosa Hair Honey & put some on his hair. It made it so shiny & moistured that I decided I would revisit a few of them on my now natural hair. I definitely wanna try the Mimosa Hair Honey to seal with. I feel so bad for trash talking her products (even tho some do stink & I`m allergic to the sandlewoood & patchouli in some of her products) I realize now most of her products work better on natural hair.

norahl
02-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Proclaim Aloe Vera & Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner. It seems that they have pretty good reviews, but my hair did not like that stuff. Smelled good though...

healthyhairadventure
02-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Hollywood Beauty Carrot Cholesterol is terrible!

NaTuRaLe_BeAuTe`
04-21-2012, 10:41 AM
PINK LOTION!!!!!!!!!!

And anything by Motions

BritishPound
04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Keracare Detangling Shampoo and Humecto Conditioner... They do not leave my hair as lovely as they should do for that price!!

Randi415
07-22-2012, 11:29 PM
Miss Jessie's, Giovanni, and Shea Moisture.

HairObsessed
07-23-2012, 05:05 AM
Halleys Curls hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TempoBronze124
07-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Cantu Shea Butter Oil Sheen... And i'm guessing the whole line too since it has mineral oil in it

curlynickie
06-06-2013, 05:09 PM
If youre worried about buying a new product and hating it, then try CurlKit! That way you get samples and you can figure out what you do and dont like :)

curlynickie
06-07-2013, 09:27 AM
http://hellobeautiful.com/playlist/top-50-natural-hair-products-for-black-hair/1/

emmaet
07-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the tips

rummy26
07-11-2013, 01:18 AM
I will never buy Lakme hair essentials in my life.

MegsJenkins
07-15-2013, 07:52 AM
yeah Pink lotion..

PurplePeony
07-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Giovanni Direct Leave In

miszmaxine
10-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Pink lotion, Hollywood Beauty Castor oil, and Organic Stimulator Olive oil.

AGREED! ORS Olive Oil sucks.... Mind you back when I used it I never sealed my hair.. Regardless it made my hair feel like hard wool the next morning and caused so much breakage.

It smelt SOOO good tho.. sigh :crying:

ch1
10-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Pretty much anything that has mineral oil and parafin in it.

ACash22
10-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Shea Moisture leaves my hair dry and brittle