View Full Version : WHAT is going on in my crown????

dani-in-progress
01-11-2011, 11:56 AM
I can't figure out if it's breakage, slow growth or a little bit of both... but I'm growing a healthy head of hair everywhere but my crown. The hair in this area is soft enough and there isn't any over manipulation. It's just not growing at the same rate.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? and what can I do? It's very discouraging.

Halibel
01-13-2011, 08:41 AM
I think with some people the crown area the slowest growing part of their hair. So maybe you're dealing with that.

Have you tried looking at the ends of your hair in that area for unevenness of some sort?

dani-in-progress
01-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Halibel... the ends seem healthy enough. I went from scalp length to about 3 inches in about 3 months and the hair there is growing at a snail's pace.

leentora
01-13-2011, 10:03 PM
A few things to ponder....... 1). Make sure you are not putting too much pressure or stress on that area of your hair. 2). Meaning when you scarf your hair down at night, say you tie the scarf around and the ends of the scarf is wrapped around again to tie in the front, maybe that could be too tight or too much pressure. 3). if you wear a pony tail make sure you are not pulling the hair back too tight, nape and crowns are delicate and tend to break or snap off very easily.

Things that you can do to help with the growth in that area......, 1). Try a nightly massage to the crown that should help to increase blood circulation, which in return feed the hair root and help to promote a healthy growth. 2). Try a nourishing oil and mix it in some peppermint oil or rosemary oil - either is good as they help with blood cirlculation and stimulation of the scalp which again gets the blood flowing in that area and feed the hair root [(oils idea - castor oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, coconut oil etc]. 3). Just be extra gentle with that area, nourish it and pay extra attention to it until it bounces back.

Hope the above helps some and keep us posted on how things out out.

Eelite
01-17-2011, 09:04 PM
I can't figure out if it's breakage, slow growth or a little bit of both... but I'm growing a healthy head of hair everywhere but my crown. The hair in this area is soft enough and there isn't any over manipulation. It's just not growing at the same rate.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? and what can I do? It's very discouraging.
Do you sleep on your back alot?

Bodybutter
01-18-2011, 09:22 PM
My crown just went through some breakage. I realized that my little spritz concoction of Tresseme anti breakage and water was too much protein.
I already knew my hair did not like too much protein but all I was thinking was detangling, detangling-I detangled alright:da fool:..DUH!!!

Eelite
01-19-2011, 03:15 PM

I hope you're not doing your own relaxer, are you?

dizzybrown
08-07-2011, 09:48 AM
I had the same problem with my crown and the only thing that helped was low manipulation. I weaved up for about 3-6 months and whamo it grew. that proved to me that it wasn't slow growing it was breakage. My hair is a coarser texture in my crown area and I believe that the weekly blow dry and flat iron was too much. Im doing wash and buns for now so I always add extra moisture conditioner to that area.hope that helps.

colorbrown
02-04-2012, 09:00 PM
I am having the same problem with thinning hair and breakage of the crown; someone said to use 100 % Glycerin, Aphogee products, get less relaxers and do nightly massages. Meantime, I will wear a wig until the hair grows back or cut it all off and start over again. Thanks Ladies