View Full Version : Pictures Of Texturizers

CREODiiVA
08-15-2008, 07:48 AM
I Never Knew anybody That Had One ..Just wanted to see How It Looks

jasnian0313
08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
me too:) r u talking bout an actual texturizer or someone who is texlaxed?? is there a diff?

CREODiiVA
08-15-2008, 06:31 PM
me too:) r u talking bout an actual texturizer or someone who is texlaxed?? is there a diff?

I want to see Both..lol

Dividir
08-16-2008, 03:30 AM
ditto!
I wanna see too

Milyrah
08-16-2008, 10:35 PM
My ex-husband always put them in his hair and his hair would always be straight somewhere. There not all that. Sorry I don't have any pictures of my ex, I burned them all!! LOL

denalove
08-17-2008, 12:35 AM
My ex-husband always put them in his hair and his hair would always be straight somewhere. There not all that. Sorry I don't have any pictures of my ex, I burned them all!! LOL

lol.....u're funny!

Dividir
08-17-2008, 08:55 AM

lol... you had me laughing here!!! I threw my ex's away.... then we got back together again, needless to say he was angry... we're not together anymore (not because of that) but he'll still bring it up!

Milyrah
08-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Lol, there was only two things I could do to make him mad, change my name back to my maiden name name and destroy pictures. It's petty but it felt good. Stress releaser.

Dividir
08-18-2008, 03:20 AM
Lol, there was only two things I could do to make him mad, change my name back to my maiden name name and destroy pictures. It's petty but it felt good. Stress releaser.

I felt bad after mine. But I told him on numerous occassions, take your pics.. he said "I gave them to you, their your" then I threw them away and he complained!

Oh well you win some, you get depressed when you loose some!

He still argues with me today, even though we have both been in relationshipd since then. But I believe we both had some maturing to do (but I do remeber the load taken off my shoulders when I threw them in the trash)

but still BUMP!!! for the texturiser pictures (actually funny that, my ex wanted to texturize his hair)

Leee
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Yeah. I finally get to share with you guys pictures of my texturize hair. I recently joined this forum and I am loving it! Thanks for all the interesting posts. I tried clicking on the upload image link but could not find the option to upload directly from my cam, so forgive me. I posted a few on my old blog. Here is the link: Beauty is More Than Skin Deep (http://beautystaples.blogspot.com/)

Milyrah
09-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Your pictures look nice.

The Anti Hair Slave
09-23-2008, 10:35 AM
Texturizer? Does being tex-laxed count? If so I have a few pictures when I just did a wash n go.

CREODiiVA
09-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah. I finally get to share with you guys pictures of my texturize hair. I recently joined this forum and I am loving it! Thanks for all the interesting posts. I tried clicking on the upload image link but could not find the option to upload directly from my cam, so forgive me. I posted a few on my old blog. Here is the link: Beauty is More Than Skin Deep (http://beautystaples.blogspot.com/)

AWWW...I Like IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Milyrah
09-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Post them AHS, I'd love to see them. I would like to stay totally natural but if I don't I'l rather texturize before perming.

Texturizer? Does being tex-laxed count? If so I have a few pictures when I just did a wash n go.

Dividir
09-25-2008, 02:24 PM
nice...v nice

Wali
09-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi,Leee. Your hair looks healthy. This is the look I want. how'dya do it?

simmot
10-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi:)All,

I recently sent the below message to Ashfast and decide mm...I am sure the other ladies have some valuable advice. Please see message below and help me with any suggestions you may have:

I want to go from a relaxer to a texturizer because I do not want my hair bone straight any more but I do not want to cut off my hair. I have not relaxed my hair in about 3 months; can I go ahead and get a texturizer? what do I need to do?

Also, I have been hearing that you can loosen the curl with a texturizer and spray in S curl mosturizer and have a curly look with out the drip of a curl and without damaging your hair with heating tools.

What do you think? Please help?

simmot
10-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi Lee,

I just reviewed your pics; really nice, please give me some suggestions.

Dividir
10-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Hi:)All,

I recently sent the below message to Ashfast and decide mm...I am sure the other ladies have some valuable advice. Please see message below and help me with any suggestions you may have:

I want to go from a relaxer to a texturizer because I do not want my hair bone straight any more but I do not want to cut off my hair. I have not relaxed my hair in about 3 months; can I go ahead and get a texturizer? what do I need to do?

Also, I have been hearing that you can loosen the curl with a texturizer and spray in S curl mosturizer and have a curly look with out the drip of a curl and without damaging your hair with heating tools.

What do you think? Please help?

You can do it (I would check if what type of relaxer you were using before ie if cemical components, some relaxers are sodium hydroxide, and some texturisers are sodium hydroxide) You should NEVER mix and sodium thiosulphate processed hair with any kind of hydroxide proccessed hair (it is most likely your hair will break off)

Now, even though you would like to transition to texlaxed, your previously relaxed hair will still be "bone straight"

No matter what type of relaxer you are doing, you should not apply relaxer on to already relaxed hair. It will over process your hair. If your hair needs a correction make sure you go to a stylist that understands you hair needs.

Leee
10-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi,Leee. Your hair looks healthy. This is the look I want. how'dya do it?

First of all, thank you ladies for the compliments. I strive for healthy hair most of the times...length is secondary. For the dry curly look, I simply use cantu strenghthening creme all over hair and do a few cornrows at nights. Usually 8 cornrows in the front and about 6 in the back.

In the morning, I simply undo and comb out with a peak comb.
Sometimes I would use infusium and a little hair grease for shine. Hope that helps. I will try to check in at this forum more often! Good luck.

BQNY
10-18-2008, 03:04 AM
just wanted to no if texturizers were bad for ur hair

kita
10-18-2008, 07:06 AM
First of all, thank you ladies for the compliments. I strive for healthy hair most of the times...length is secondary. For the dry curly look, I simply use cantu strenghthening creme all over hair and do a few cornrows at nights. Usually 8 cornrows in the front and about 6 in the back.

In the morning, I simply undo and comb out with a peak comb.
Sometimes I would use infusium and a little hair grease for shine. Hope that helps. I will try to check in at this forum more often! Good luck.

What kind is the name of the texturizer you have?

kita
10-18-2008, 07:08 AM

Was your texturize done by a proffesional? What is the name of this texturizer?

Leee
10-19-2008, 08:33 PM
sorry for the delay in response... I have been so busy looking for a new apartment and about to start out a new job. I use silk elements texturizer sold (i think, exclusively) at Sallys. About texturizers being damaging... I would say no. Though it is a chemical, you should just learn to care for it like anything else. Moisturizing is key. I love the versatility that a texturizer affords. Today I actually roller set my hair; this is the second time in over 6 years that I roller set.

Hairdressers: Shamefully, many hairdressers have little knowledge of texturizers, therefore I have given up on trying to find one. And the few who do...(I think Jazma in Brooklyn) charge close to or over one hundred.

I do my hair on my own most of the times, however, I have a dear and trusted friend(she worked at a few salons before) who helps me out when I have tooo much growth. She is the only person aside from myself that has texturized my hair. Honestly, I do not like applying texturizer, ..it's a task I can do without especially applying in the back of the head.

Hope this helps. Feel free if you have any other questions. I will try to stop by when I can. Take care

Neena
10-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Interesting seeing your pictures. I always thought you could only texturize short hair. I'm thinking about giving it a try.

DanceKendra
10-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Maybe instead of going natural I should try to texlax or maybe I should go natural and then texlax because i dont want texlaxed hair and then relaxed hair on the ends. That would look ridiculous!:eek:

nnorwood
11-08-2008, 02:48 AM
Im in need of some info for my daughter,shes 9.Her hair for the first 5 years has been a nice grain but in the last 4 years she began swimming which has completely changed her grain!! It is sooo tight she hates getting anything done to it.I want something to help loosen it without actually relaxing it,this sounds good but Im not sure help!!!

BNAT
11-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Hi nnorwood, I understand your pain. My daughter's 5. Please wait bfor putting any chemicals on her hair b/cos her texture is probably going to change again. The experts say to wait until after they've started their period first. Hormones is the reason. My daughters hair up to age three was soft, tightly coiled and very thick, hard to press. I noticed now that it is soft, straighter, less thick now. I know it will change again. I keep her hair cornrowed all the time except on special occassions. That make it easier for her and myself. If you have her hair in cornrows during the swimming activities it will be easy to add moisturizer afterward the swimming sessions, she want have to endure the combing, you're happy and when you take the cornrows down her hair won't tangle. This has worked great for us. I use just for me moisturizing lotion which is great for kids without chemicals.

bwell2u
12-01-2008, 06:24 AM
nnorwood I was just wondering what products you may be using on your daughter's hair especially after she swims. Chlorine is very damaging to the hair. My teen sons love to swim so they like to use I think it's called swimmers shampoo. Maybe a ACV rinse would help to clarify and a deep conditioner for moisture. I think braids or two-strand twists would be cute. I'd definitely stay away from chemicals for now.

BNAT
12-07-2008, 02:04 AM
I love the texturizer. Your hair is still in a natural state, just easier to manage. I had to wear my hair 3 days without anything, I had to wet it to comb through. I was surprised that it does'nt really break your hair down at all ( I did'nt want a relaxer and I was afraid the texturizer would straighten it out too much) but nope. It's a nicer kinky. I will be able to wear it straight or curly, with stronger, thicker hair. Can't wait for it to grow back out so I can get really creative.

crz4hr
01-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I am texturized and having are hard time keeping the moisture. Any suggestions?

Vermelha
01-02-2009, 07:25 AM
I am texturized and having are hard time keeping the moisture. Any suggestions?

A good way to retain moisture is to mist hair with a liquid leave in every morning and apply some sort of oil or butter to seal that moisture in. Also, washing and co-washing more often helps remove build-up that prevents moisture from going in the hair.

Vermelha
01-02-2009, 07:29 AM
I love the texturizer. Your hair is still in a natural state, just easier to manage. I had to wear my hair 3 days without anything, I had to wet it to comb through. I was surprised that it does'nt really break your hair down at all ( I did'nt want a relaxer and I was afraid the texturizer would straighten it out too much) but nope. It's a nicer kinky. I will be able to wear it straight or curly, with stronger, thicker hair. Can't wait for it to grow back out so I can get really creative.

The same chemical that is in a relaxer is in texturizers....Even if you texturize for a little bit, the hair is chemically processed and will need to be treated as so. It is stronger and is a "softened" version of relaxed hair. But the hair is no longer natural.

HairObsessed
01-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Texturizers for GUYS... I have seen a trend in my Daughter and Son's Jr. HS. It seems that slicked texturized hair is the "in look" now at school! Kinda cotton club looking styles.... Has anyone else seen this on the youth of today??

HairObsessed
01-08-2009, 02:26 AM
I texlaxed my hair and didn't know it... meaning, I relax my hair but still wear it curly at times! Being a NEWBIE I thought I was wearing it NATURAL. WRONG! If I was relaxer free I would be natural... I think I've got it now! Thanks Vermelha!!

BNAT
01-09-2009, 10:27 PM
:da fool:The same chemical that is in a relaxer is in texturizers....Even if you texturize for a little bit, the hair is chemically processed and will need to be treated as so. It is stronger and is a "softened" version of relaxed hair. But the hair is no longer natural.

Vermelha OMG how right you are! I don't know what I'm thinking:dhuh:. I had just big chopped my permed hair off after wearing braids 6 months with 4-5 inches of new growth stretched. THEN had it cut AGAIN down to 1/4 inches on the sides and back and 1 inch on top, just to add chemicals AGAIN! bleach and texturizer. I was treating my hair as natural but 5 weeks in, I'm noticing breakage! and about 1/2 inch of new growth. I just realized as I read your post, I'm now back in transition AGAIN! and that's probably why my hair has increased shedding, so I've backed off with the co-washing and I'm steadily moisturizing with emu oil, "real" shea butter, olive oil and leave in conditioner. :da fool:This is a warning for anyone trying to go NATURAL. Tex's are chemicals and so are any semi or perm color, so your hair have to cared for as permed(relax) not natural. I'm now looking for a 100% natural relaxer like curlaway or maybe herbal tame NO CHEMICALS. Why did'nt someone tell me this bfor, oh well, hopefully this will save another from hair disaster:crying:

HairObsessed
01-12-2009, 04:01 PM
You can get "Tempry Hair Color Spray" (yeah it's spelled wrong on the bottle... lol!) at your BSS.

ShEiSsOiNsAnE
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I Thought Of Texturizing My Hair But After Findin Out Its Like A Softer Version Of A Relaxer I Changed My Mind... Although I Hate My Nappy Ass Head I Rather Keep It Nappy N Long Then Relaxed N Possibly Ruined... :)

HairObsessed
01-14-2009, 05:30 PM
I Thought Of Texturizing My Hair But After Findin Out Its Like A Softer Version Of A Relaxer I Changed My Mind... Although I Hate My Nappy Ass Head I Rather Keep It Nappy N Long Then Relaxed N Possibly Ruined... :)

I am trying to get where you are!

Lady_q_tee
02-21-2009, 02:50 PM
^ Your first rollerset looks nice.

brittbritt
02-24-2009, 07:45 AM
I say this to my mom all the time. Nappy and long, relaxed and well you know...

kingrho
02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I am completely natural with 3a tight ringlets...even though when straightened my hair is past my bra strap my curls are above my shoulders! I am considering a texurizer but I'm really scared....Do you guys think that tracee ellis ross and mel b have texturizers? There textures look so different than 5 years ago. I'm black and jewish like them. I really want to see some pictures.

Vermelha
02-26-2009, 07:42 PM
I am completely natural with 3a tight ringlets...even though when straightened my hair is past my bra strap my curls are above my shoulders! I am considering a texurizer but I'm really scared....Do you guys think that tracee ellis ross and mel b have texturizers? There textures look so different than 5 years ago. I'm black and jewish like them. I really want to see some pictures.

If you're 3a, a texturizer would make your hair very straight. I would just invest in purchasing good products that help define your curls. Tracee Ellis Ross has a texturizer but Mel B doesnt (she's all natural and biracial). Actually, 3a is a loose curl, and using a chemical would just make your hair close to straight.

Their textures look different probably because of styling, but no one's texture is going to look the same day after day. My texture is different because of new hair care methods, regimes and styling products.

Do you have a picture of your hair? Perhaps we could help assess your hair type. I honestly think you should work with your own curls. There are people with 3a/3b and 3c hair that, with good products, have very manageable curls.

hersheykiss
02-28-2009, 01:24 PM
I havent had a perm in 2 years Im thinking about just pressing my hair and deep conditioining every week. Anyone heard of a silk press? What about a Vigorol???? I know Carols daughter has natural products.

hersheykiss
02-28-2009, 01:26 PM
My hair is nappy too!!!! but it sure is growing like a weed since I haven't been perming it. you go girl!! my goal is bra strap length by summer and mid back length by Dec 09. :-)

Afrika88
03-22-2009, 10:36 AM
I am new I have a 4a curl i believe i want to know what it will look like if i relax it?

HairObsessed
03-23-2009, 09:59 AM
OK, I just used this on my hair for the first time and I like it!

FOR THE RECORD: I would not use a relaxer on my own daughter's hair until she is 13. My Step Daughter's Bio-Mom (who passed away) started relaxing her hair at the age of 6 which I think is just INSANE but that's just my opinion. I didn't get a relaxer in my hair until I was 15. BTW my hair was mid back length when my Mother did it... it was big like Diana Ross even AFTER THE RELAXER. I am Bi-Racial Black and White. My Step Daughter is full Black. Her hair would probably be way down her back if her Mom didn't keep putting braids in her hair (at 6 and 7) and relaxing it to death! She was in my care from 10 years old on and in 4 years she went from BALDING SIDES and broken off hair about 2 inches long with rubber band puffs/straight spikes to Hair at the nape of her neck. I would stretch her relaxers, oil her hair with Jojoba and make her wrap her hair at night. She has very coarse hair. I gave her a choice... I told her that you can either continue with the relaxers your Mom started or we can BC and start from scratch. She did NOT want to cut the little bit of hair she had on her head so I had to work with what she had.

Anyhoo... I just wanted to share the results of this system on my own hair... as a Bi-Racial Black person I LOVE what this has done to the texture. My hair is enough for 4 heads... I mean after my hair is relaxed BONE STRAIGHT it's still insanely big. This system relaxed the curl pattern so I can continue to wear my hair curly and flat iron it when I please. It's the best of both worlds:

Texture Softener - Soft & Beautiful - Home (http://www.texturesoftener.com/)

I wonder what other Bi-Racial parents have tried this product on their daughter’s hair? I think it's pretty cool for the phase in a teen's life when she starts to do her own hair. I WISH I HAD THIS STUFF AS A CHILD OF 14! I wouldn't have the breakage I incurred when I started to handle my own hair by myself. I could comb it better and wear it curly without product overload. I love the ability to just wash, crunch with leave in conditioner and GO. If I want to straighten it… it won’t take me 2 HOURS TO BLOW DRY IT.

Has anyone on the forum tried this product? What are your thoughts? :)

FleurDesLis
03-23-2009, 10:08 AM
I would love to see pics also -- besides the ones on the box.

HairObsessed
03-23-2009, 10:21 AM
PS my hair is still DAMP in the other photo... by the time it's dry it looks like the attached photo. Mind you... that was AFTER I TEX LAXED IT!!!!!

kisses36081
03-23-2009, 06:06 PM
What type of texturizer can i use to make my hair curly without making my hair look like a Jerry curl ???????

dominican757
03-24-2009, 01:41 AM
I got a perm 3 weeks ago and I'm seriously wanting to put a texturizer in and then going all natural from there. How long should I wait until I put a texturizer in? I was looking for my hair to have the curls in them but not so tight light juicy jherri curls. For now I am wearing a full wig with a cap underneath and then will be wearing braids on and off for a year.

Thanks

virtuouswoman
03-24-2009, 02:50 AM
you may want to ask your stylist about your hair, i haven't gotten a relaxer in a while i always use texturizers it works better for my hair and it feels better. i wish i could help, but you may want to ask you stylist...everyone's hair is different.

HairObsessed
03-25-2009, 07:10 PM
In the tread earlier I mentioned I used Just for Me Texture Softener to get these results. BTW this is the big curly poof on full blast AFTER THE TEXTURE SOFTENER and after it dried! STILL.... BIG HAIR! :o

To answer your question dominican757 once you perm your hair completely and it's straight you're going to have to stick with that style till it grows out. You can't texturize your permed hair into CURLY. All a texturiser is, is an EXTRA-MILD PERM and nothing more. For those of us with already naturally curly hair, it defines the curl more and gives a bit more length to the hair when you do wear it curly. I am Bi-racial Black/White so my hair has this coiled curl pattern already. If I put a super relaxer in it my hair would most likely be bone straight and unable to revert to my wet curly style. A textureizer also makes wearing it flat ironed a breeze. I no longer have to wait and HOUR AND A HALF OF BLOW DRYING to then flat iron my hair.... It air dries twice as fast. 45 min. tops.

I got a perm 3 weeks ago and I'm seriously wanting to put a texturizer in and then going all natural from there. How long should I wait until I put a texturizer in? I was looking for my hair to have the curls in them but not so tight light juicy jherri curls. For now I am wearing a full wig with a cap underneath and then will be wearing braids on and off for a year.

Thanks

HairObsessed
03-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Check out this thread....

http://forum.blackhairplanet.com/f20/what-exactly-texturizers-30/

ButterflyLady
05-12-2009, 05:59 PM
I have 4a hair type and I texturize my hair. My problem is moisture! My hair dries out no matter what I use on it. Does anyone have any ideas on what I could use to moisturize my hair?. I love the wet, kinky curly look but when I do it my hair dries out and is hard to the touch.
Thanks ib advance.

Noni
05-13-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi ladies, I'm new. Right now I'm 12 weeks post relaxer and have tight coily 4B hair. Just wondering if anyone knows what a texturizer would look like ?

virtuouswoman
05-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi ladies, I'm new. Right now I'm 12 weeks post relaxer and have tight coily 4B hair. Just wondering if anyone knows what a texturizer would look like ?

the outcome??? it works different for everyones hair but I know for me, it makes my hair soft and extremely manageable..

brittbritt
05-18-2009, 09:54 AM
I love texturizers better although I haven't had a relaxer in almost three years now. It makes the hair look fuller with more body. Flat hair is just that, flat. I guess I'm a little partial to big hair.

MissChocolateMystery
05-21-2009, 11:58 PM
I want to see a texturizer pic too, e-mail me one if you have it! I am natural now, been that way for 2 and a half years, and I been braided every since. I BC'ed in Nov. 06 and I absolutely never wear my actual hair, I am thinking about relaxin or texturizing.

literarian
05-22-2009, 08:21 AM
I'd love to see some pics too.I'm considering texturizing but I'm scared of ending up with straight hair.I have 4b hair with a tiny amount of 4a and styling is a killer task.I'm ready for a change and I'm thinking either sisterlocks or texturizer.But since lately I'm leaning towards the texturizer

Brown eyes Vandaleur
06-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I would also like a texturizer too. My natural hair is actually really soft but difficult to manage. I hate the way my hair looks so limp with relaxers and I also hate that they burn my scalp occationally. I have 4a/4b and possibly a little 3c in the front. I was hoping someone with 4a and 4b would post pics of their texturized hair. :D

annie212
07-11-2009, 09:08 PM

:eek:ROTL!!!!

LuvaLicious
09-18-2009, 09:40 AM
texlax help please!!
(i hope this isnt out of the category, i cannot make topics )

i am hearing people say that texlax doesnt work for type 4 hair. as in, there will be now waves and it will just look frizzy and limp instead of wavy or curly. i am definately going for the curly look where i can wash and go. this is how i plan to wear it probably 80% of the time. its convenient for my schedule, my fine thin hair and exercise and everything!

i love the idea and i am planning to transition, i need the help! please.

here are picture of my dry natural hair. the next time i wash i will take a pic of my ne growth. when i lose a strand of hair, it looks wavy, not like springs at all. i also had some weird straight! hairs when my hair was natural. the photo quality isnt the best so bear with me!

okay, so i cant post the pic yet... sigh

Lissyboo
03-27-2010, 09:33 PM
hey. i got my hair texturized one week and it was curly and soft. I washed it 8 days later and it turned back to my natural hair but was frizzy. It was also dry and no matter how much moisturizer i put in it was still dry. Could any one tell me what happened? Im almost dont want to get it texturized again.

babeMom
03-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Lissyboo, did you change your texturiser? I hear that if you change from one brand to another, it could have that effect.
Would be nice to know; I experienced similar when I changed from Luster to Soft & beautiful; the hair refused to texturise and i really wondered what I had done wrong!

peacefulone
04-02-2010, 12:25 AM
I just completed the big chop and i want to apply a good texturizer, any suggestions?

Chips12391
04-22-2010, 02:29 PM
so lets say that my hair is already permed and i want to switch to texturizers; would i just grow my hair out as much as i can tolerate it and then use a texturizer?

tranquility2f96
04-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Lissyboo, they say sometimes the texturizer was not left on long enough and may have reverted back to it's natural state. That happened to me the 2nd time around.....so I am waiting 12 weeks (normal wait time then I will redo it)

good luck

godiva
04-22-2010, 09:07 PM
so lets say that my hair is already permed and i want to switch to texturizers; would i just grow my hair out as much as i can tolerate it and then use a texturizer?

Yes, you will need to grow your hair out as you cannot texturize relaxed hair. You will need to cut the relaxed portion off. This can be done right away or gradually; your preference.

iNFATUATE
06-09-2010, 07:21 AM
There's a member on another board who started to texlax. Her hair is full and thick still and gorgeous. I still preferred her virgin hair though.

Iwanthealthyhair67
06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
really...anway, I wore my hair texturized before then I switched to a relaxer I waited for the NG as you would normally do and used the same brand relaxer as the texturizer, it took about two trys (6 week intervals) before the relaxer 'took' in my hair...no damage at all

Yes, you will need to grow your hair out as you cannot texturize relaxed hair. You will need to cut the relaxed portion off. This can be done right away or gradually; your preference.

Saunta2
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
really...anway, I wore my hair texturized before then I switched to a relaxer I waited for the NG as you would normally do and used the same brand relaxer as the texturizer, it took about two trys (6 week intervals) before the relaxer 'took' in my hair...no damage at all

Yup, you can go from texturised to relax but not the other way around. You can't texturise relaxed hair only the new growth.

godiva
06-10-2010, 03:25 PM

Yup, you can go from texturised to relax but not the other way around. You can't texturise relaxed hair only the new growth.

Interesting...I thought the double processing would be taxing on the strands. Glad to hear you didn't suffer any setbacks.

Saunta2
06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Interesting...I thought the double processing would be taxing on the strands. Glad to hear you didn't suffer any setbacks.

You don't put it on the already relaxed hair, only on the fresh new growth. The ends would be straight but the new growth would be texturised. Each touch up you do texturise the new growth alone. In that way you could transition from relaxed to texturised just cutting off the relaxed ends as necessary. You can't go from straight to curly.

godiva
06-10-2010, 08:02 PM

I must have misunderstood these 2 statements. I took them to mean that the relaxer was and could be applied over previously texturized hair, resulting in a double process, w/o any repercussions. So I was correct in that the previously processed hair would have to be cut, eventually or right off the bat (personal preference), while the new/different process is only applied to the NG???

Saunta2
06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I must have misunderstood these 2 statements. I took them to mean that the relaxer was and could be applied over previously texturized hair, resulting in a double process, w/o any repercussions. So I was correct in that the previously processed hair would have to be cut, eventually or right off the bat (personal preference), while the new/different process is only applied to the NG???

Yup, new growth alone. If the hair was previously texturised and you wanted to go for straight some people would risk doing the whole length. It isn't advisable although when I was texturised, when ever I went for a touch up she would put the relaxer on the entire length. Surprisingly I never had any bad effects from it, I still decided to stop though after I realised that it wasn't right.

But what I was saying is that it is easier to go from relaxed to texturied by growing out the hair and texturising the new growth only. If the hair is straight it can't be texturised.

PDuffey
06-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Okay so there is a big difference

rouge-pandah
07-19-2010, 11:51 AM
i would like to see one too, guess i gotta youtube it. lol i youtube everything ^_^

angel4603
08-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Debating getting a texturizer: 6moths natural

angel4603
08-09-2010, 01:23 PM
I disagree with people who say texturizing is selling out. I support healthy hair choices that make us feel beautiful.

zeeken123
12-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Nice pics on that blog.

jerquel
03-19-2011, 04:27 PM
would 4b hair look good texturized?

jerquel
03-19-2011, 04:28 PM
is there a technique to prevent some texturized strand from becoming straight?

jerquel
03-19-2011, 04:31 PM
i am relaxed (transitioning) now so how long to wait to get a texturizer i know you cannot put it over a relaxer just not clear on the time interval in between.. i know i posted a lot sorry

RosaVermelha
04-02-2011, 10:56 AM
would 4b hair look good texturized?

Yes 4b hair can look good. I have some pics of my with a texturizer in my profile album. I used s-curl spray, carson's care free curl in those pics with daily co washing. Texturizers are left on a shorter time than a relaxer, I usually leave it on the new growth for 5-7 minutes (no more than 10 depending on the brand). Don't smooth it with a comb or fingers unless you want really loose waves. I used to be able to rock an afro puff when I didn't use products. The s-curl gel is very heavy and will weigh down the hair, I haven't tried the carson's carefree curl lite gel but I seems like a lighter style holder. Also essential oils are good for holding styles.

moyosure194
05-03-2011, 10:07 PM
RosaVermelha, how do I see your pictures? You are a 4b natural texture, but texturized? Did it make your hair really thin?

RosaVermelha
05-04-2011, 10:17 AM
RosaVermelha, how do I see your pictures? You are a 4b natural texture, but texturized? Did it make your hair really thin?

The pics are in my photos in my profile. No the texturizer didn't make my ends thin, I tried a curly perm and the smoothing cream thinned them out.

1ak
07-04-2011, 07:42 AM
I would like to see too. I think I've been leaving it in too long.

thatgirl07
07-18-2011, 05:33 AM
after texturizing hair is it still pretty thick?

RosaVermelha
07-18-2011, 11:38 AM
after texturizing hair is it still pretty thick?

It depends on your natural hair (how thick or thin it naturally is) and also how much of the curl you loosen.

anh06g
08-07-2011, 01:13 AM

3923I texlax I've been doing it for a little over 2 years now I think. I cant remember when I started. Anyway my hair dresser used design essentials sensitive scalp she says it takes slower. I deep conition weekly with different products I used Nexxus Humectress until that ran out. Then creme of nature argon oil. Now back to motions CPR. My hair texture is so weird when its not straightened. Some straight, some curled, so I can't do the wash and go but my hair is definitely fuller when straightened then it use to be when I was fully relaxed. O by the way the top (crown has highlights). Anyone else texlaxed and have picts????

evanny
08-07-2011, 07:20 PM

3923I texlax I've been doing it for a little over 2 years now I think. I cant remember when I started. Anyway my hair dresser used design essentials sensitive scalp she says it takes slower. I deep conition weekly with different products I used Nexxus Humectress until that ran out. Then creme of nature argon oil. Now back to motions CPR. My hair texture is so weird when its not straightened. Some straight, some curled, so I can't do the wash and go but my hair is definitely fuller when straightened then it use to be when I was fully relaxed. O by the way the top (crown has highlights). Anyone else texlaxed and have picts????
Your hair is beautiful! I love the color!

Nimi
08-08-2011, 02:04 AM
I texlax I've been doing it for a little over 2 years now I think. I cant remember when I started. Anyway my hair dresser used design essentials sensitive scalp she says it takes slower. I deep conition weekly with different products I used Nexxus Humectress until that ran out. Then creme of nature argon oil. Now back to motions CPR. My hair texture is so weird when its not straightened. Some straight, some curled, so I can't do the wash and go but my hair is definitely fuller when straightened then it use to be when I was fully relaxed. O by the way the top (crown has highlights). Anyone else texlaxed and have picts????

Your hair is lovely!

I'm texlaxed as well, but I haven't gotten round to posting pics of my hair since my touch up a week ago. I'll need to straighten it to check the length and I'm apparently in no hurry to use direct heat.

I'll post a couple of pics of my air-dryed hair when I get home form work.

Nimi
08-10-2011, 01:47 PM
As promised here are a couple of my texlaxed hair pics.

No straight hair pics. I'm not in a hurry to flat iron my hair. I've not done an up-to-date length check yet 'cause I've still not flat ironed my hair since my touch up 2 weeks ago.

Brendita
08-17-2011, 02:36 PM
As promised here are a couple of my texlaxed hair pics.

No straight hair pics. I'm not in a hurry to flat iron my hair. I've not done an up-to-date length check yet 'cause I've still not flat ironed my hair since my touch up 2 weeks ago.

Nimi, where are your pictures? :confused: :confused: :confused: Did I miss them? :confused: I'm so curious to see a textlax..? Texturizer? Is there a difference between the two? :confused:

Nimi
08-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Nimi, where are your pictures? :confused: :confused: :confused: Did I miss them? :confused: I'm so curious to see a textlax..? Texturizer? Is there a difference between the two? :confused:

Yeah you missed them! I took them down after a while. :p:) They're in my album though.
I am yet to come across a genuine difference btw a Texlax and a Texturizer. I've read through several definitions on many forums and honestly for me I think they are the same thing, just that one is achieved using a Texturizer while the other is achieved using a Relaxer to intentionally underprocess the hair. I suspect the term "Texlax" was created by the online hair Forums.

They both loosen the natural curl pattern of your hair. I have read that a Texturizer is ideal for people who want to avoid shrinkage. I don't know how true that is though. I texlax and I have mad shrinkage. Especially since my last touch up a month ago.

Naez
10-22-2011, 09:30 AM
Your link to what exactly are texturisers was very helpful.. I posted a ? there and I want to post it here too..
"Hey guys... I wanted to try a texturiser after 2 yrs and 4 months transitioned so last Saturday I applied botanicals text no lye regular to my hair and moms hair, the box contained 2 applications. It wasn't enough for either of our hair as her hair is longer than mine, she's been natural for about 10 yrs now. Anyway it didnt take to our hair made it slightly softer but with no other difference wat so ever. Needless to say it didnt cover our entire head our hair barely had product in it..My Bday is in 5 says and i want to debut text hair..Is it safe to try it again only after 1 week and some days.. And does anyone know any good no lye brands..I dont want to use botanicals again...both me n my mon are 4a/4b but she has a little 3c hair"

But I'm confused...ppl keep saying they have coily 4a/b hair. But from what little i kno type 4 hair is more zig zaggy than coily :S.. I have type 4 hair and to be honest there is nothing really coily about it.. I want to say its more straight but I kno that wud mislead and confuse many ppl lol. I mean its not tightly coiled or springy the strands are..zig zaggish not like z's but more loose like streghted out S's not curly.. Someone help!!!!

eyekandy22
11-12-2011, 08:33 PM
My 4b hair texturized today. Sorry I block out my face, don't trust the net.

eyekandy22
11-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I posted the whole process thing on my blog, only 7 minutes from start to finish with a lye relaxer, my baby- Hawaiian Silky 3 in 1. if they ever discontinue this, I have to go back to natural or relax fully Every other lye relaxer I tried was crud and did nothing to my hair, except Super which fried my hair. No-lye, hmmm, the only one i liked was Profectiv, but it made my hair straight. Don't think it can make my curls pop like this does. Oh yeah, here is a before shot of my texture.

Ashfast
12-16-2011, 07:25 PM
well I had one, you can look at my old pics.. but with mines I didnt wear it textured to much mainly straight

Moonlight02
12-23-2011, 02:39 AM
Love this forum

Ms Angel
03-19-2012, 12:59 PM
After reading this forum, i think my perm was as a texlax. my roots are straight but my ends are the texture i wanted when i was natural. I will add pics later to get everyones opinion

eyekandy22
05-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Looking over pics of my hair texturized the first time- it was exactly the way I wish my hair grew out of my head. Kinky but manageable curls- I loved it. But the touchup was a disaster- just dried and straightened my hair. So I've decided not to use chemicals again. It's easier to write that than stick to it, but I just can't trust chemicals anymore. It was beautiful while it lasted though :(

Ms Angel
05-24-2012, 08:13 AM
I plan to go to a professional in june (3 months after perm) to get a texturizer. My mom put my perm in after being natural for a year and a half and i think i ended up being texlaxed (see profile pic..yep thats after the perm lol) soo im gonna let a pro handle my hair this time

asiadrick
06-23-2012, 02:04 PM
does texturizer make your hair straight?

denalove
06-23-2012, 02:38 PM
does texturizer make your hair straight?

It loosens your curl pattern..it makes it wavy,but you have to be careful with it,IMO they are way more dangerous than relaxers.

Brendita
06-24-2012, 04:45 AM
It loosens your curl pattern..it makes it wavy,but you have to be careful with it,IMO they are way more dangerous than relaxers.

Why do you think they're more dangerous than relaxers, D?

Adanna285
06-27-2012, 10:29 AM
"Why do you think they're more dangerous than relaxers." I have heard this to and am wondering the same thing.

Blossom_1
01-22-2013, 11:22 PM
I want to see Both..lol

what texturizer are u currently using!

Blossom_1
01-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Anyone know about finding godd quality hair salon's?

blackbetty79
02-03-2013, 06:59 AM
I just put in my very first s curl and I love it. My hair is soft and curly. I was scared to do it myself, but refused to pay a salon $70 to do it for me. I think I did a kick ass job. I am a new member to this site and it will not let me upload my pic.

blackbetty79
02-08-2013, 09:55 PM
great post.

ch1
02-12-2013, 04:38 PM
I am a new member to this site and it will not let me upload my pic.

I remember having the same problem few weeks back, think you have to make 15 posts before you can upload a photo album

FlaviaCren
12-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Nice pictures.

We were there in Austin too, but we were on 6th street lol

eyekandy22
08-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Man, I have bad luck with hair. I wish I could rock a baldie like Amber Rose. Seriously. I knew I shouldn't bother trying to find a new texturizer, but didn't expect the straightness I got. I hate the relaxed hair look on me, very boring. But I will be wearing out my real hair for first time in 9 years, so that's an accomplishment. And if i get breakage I can go back to fake hair I guess.

aharvey1
08-22-2014, 12:17 PM
nice. I love hello kitty.

aharvey1
08-22-2014, 12:18 PM
I would like to see. I heard texturizers were bad for your hair.